• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Synduality: Noir (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:56 am Reply with quote
I am honestly a little mad at the Kanata character, for like missing all of foreshadowing that Mystere was implying that Noire was no longer going to be at least an active personality.

I suppose a good character is one who expresses their own wants and desires, and in ways is what Made Mystere an interesting shift, even if she can be on the other end in being rude. And so feels like a nice at least place to end that Noire finally recognises her own desire to at least be allowed to exist, not just for her master's sake but she herself cares about all of the people and her place among them.

Did feel pretty sad every time Noire insisted on taking a picture among people, where it wasn't a case of new things she wanted to capture a moment of, but a sense of things coming to an end so she wanted some trace. I think she even smiled in one of the pictures, which is like big impact for her.

So, going forward wondering if it could be a more even cohabitation situation of Noire also being able to grab the wheel. Or could they actually fuse together or something.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:53 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I forgot to whine about Kanata's denseness, too. I'm pretty sure he knows that Noir is Mystere's "safe mode" while Mystere undergoes self-repair. Surely he has to understand the implications of what will happen once the self-repair process is complete, but clearly he doesn't.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:20 pm Reply with quote

Man, is this Betrayal Week or what? First spoiler[Undead Unluck], then spoiler[Ao no Exorcist], then (maybe, probably not) spoiler[Looper 7], and now this. Also some betrayals going on in Meiji Gekken I think, though I'm having trouble telling which side anyone is on in that, so I'm not sure it counts. Smile

Poor Kanata, he's getting screwed over from all sides at once.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:30 am Reply with quote
Welp, several betrayels in a row and the situation is looking really dire. Kanata has been taking a lot of Ls this season so far.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:36 am Reply with quote
Yes, this really is Et Tu, Brutus week. Kanata finally learns that Ciel is a scum-sucking, singing traitor. Tokio strikes me more as a "seems to be a traitor but really isn't" type. Anyway, I'm dying for the next episode. I like this show on its own merits but I have to say I also love having a SF show amid all the fantasy settings. I'm not enjoying Metallic Rouge as much but again appreciate the non-fantasy backdrop.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:29 am Reply with quote
Ep 23

"Historie is always on the move. It won't be easy to locate."

"Isn't that it over there?" Very Happy

"Historie has all of human knowledge and culture and everything to restore the Earth here."

"Well then, that sounds like a prime venue for a blow-things-up-real-good space battle!" Is all that architecture redundant so it's fine if things get damaged or what?

My money's on Little Lord Anti-Magus has secretly been a Magus himself all this time, unbeknownst to him.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Interesting theory, Gina. You could be right. But right or wrong theory, that LITTLE PUNK NEEDS A BIG OLE PUNCH TO HIS BIG, STUPID FACE!!!
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Interesting theory, Gina. You could be right. But right or wrong theory, that LITTLE PUNK NEEDS A BIG OLE PUNCH TO HIS BIG, STUPID FACE!!!

Most definitely!
Philmister978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Ep 23

"Historie is always on the move. It won't be easy to locate."

"Isn't that it over there?" Very Happy

"Historie has all of human knowledge and culture and everything to restore the Earth here."

"Well then, that sounds like a prime venue for a blow-things-up-real-good space battle!" Is all that architecture redundant so it's fine if things get damaged or what?

My money's on Little Lord Anti-Magus has secretly been a Magus himself all this time, unbeknownst to him.

Problem is, if he were a Magus, he's have been offlined like everyone else (minus Noir, of course). The only way I'd buy it is if he was made in a similar fashion to Nori and Mystere. It could also explain why he's capable of piloting his coffin without assistance.

Note also we haven't seen an Ender swarm since episode 17 or so. And considering his request was inaudible to the viewer. I'm definitely willing to bet that, if not an Ender in human skin himself, he spared them as part of his plan to "rebuild humanity" in some form. Maybe use them as a means to force humanity to follow him or be destroyed. Given how he's manipulated his followers, odds are he used the allure to eliminate the Enders to get them to side with him, but his ultimate goal actually needed them, hence why we only saw the Maguses go haywire. Otherwise we'd also see an Ender swam collapse and die out during that part to show them being dealt with alongside the Magus.

Though I'm also expecting him to use Historie to either bend Humanity to his whim, or reset it so they worship him from the get-go. Given how he's been manipulating people up to this point, I don't see why he wouldn't try either of those options. Especially if he wants to rebuild from the ground up and be seen as God.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Aaaaaaand we're done.

Aside from Mystere appearing out of nowhere at the end of season 1, I don't think there was a single thing on the screen that wasn't totally expected, but overall it felt competently-executed. The world seemed interesting enough to get me to consider looking at the game, but the review which suggested "it's the dark zone from 'The Division'" warded me off.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24 (finale)

At some point - I'm not even sure when - something stopped working for me with this show. Eh, I still watched from week to week and kind of enjoyed it but it didn't grab me the same way the first twelve episodes did. Still, I'll give this batch a Decent.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Same, at the end of the first season I complained that there had been a lot of slice of life episodes and a lack of progress with the main story. Season two provided that focus and I regret asking for it since I too felt uninterested at some point. Not a bad second season, yet the magic that made me love the first one was not there.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:47 am Reply with quote
I thought that the first season worked with the focus on quirky places and people. The second season turned it mostly into plot and didn't give me a lot of those moments of being drawn into something like a Vegas city. The kind of closest was Tokio putting on the whole mask persona thing, but it came with making the whole mysterious black masked guy that super extra as an obstacle instead of fun.

The characters they did introduce more also weren't really extra fun either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4