• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-action Lupin in production...in the Philippines

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashley50

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:21 am Reply with quote
Actually...i don't really agree with teh Tagalog Dubs as "crappy". I consider them much better than western dubbed in English.

but to seean anime turned into live-action by Filipinos (us) is a huge Surprise to me...=p

too bad I didn't get to watch animax though...
FourthSheep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
(slightly off-topic) Frankly, I am sick and tired of the caterwauling between GMA 7 and ABS-CBN 2. And, how they drag people into it. Sometimes I am appalled by the lack of professionalism between those 2 channels. I just like the idea that GMA is releasing a lot of good anime titles, that's it.

With regards to anime titles that were recently translated in Filipino, I am really proud to say that there's a big improvement. As I have noticed in Dragonball and Rurouni Kenshin (especially Kenshin), the translation is superb (better than the translations made by most english anime channels, like Animax).

Maybe I'll find a way to watch Bleach dubbed in Filipino (I don't know the viewing sched, LOL).

To those saying that they don't watch Filipino-dubbed anime titles, I think they're being prejudging. It's better to know the manga version first, then watch it's anime version in english and then filipino before making any conclusions.

Without doing these steps you can't really give a proper and valid assessment, can you?

Let's just hope (and pray) that GMA 7's version of Lupin III will make Lupin fans proud.

(slightly-off topic again) I really hated their version of Darna. The story is OK, but it's not something you can release in DVD. It was a waste of good talent. Most definitely the production would be better if it was done weekly (not everyday). They didn't think that post-production sales releases generate more income that way. Imagine if the production was made like Xena. Maybe Angel Locsin as Darna in DVD will still be bought in after several years.
karurosan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quote
We should understand that GMA's Lupin is not based on Lupin III the anime series. It is based on the original Lupin from France, aka Arsene Lupin.

Another info: Lupin III is the grandson of Arsene Lupin that will be portrayed by Richard Guttierez.

So don't compare the two.
paulo88ayanami

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nyahahah, in the first place what are they trying to show is another new fantaserye that copied from Lupin III is like damn what are they want to do, is like they do not know what to do after all after all the Korea novelas coming here and they get the Japanese Live Action is like a hate it to watch TV is like im annoyed in the things they doing is like they just want ratings is like a really great competitions and the elections has near to come i do not care who wins and all of them are same making new promises to us that never been come true like this man(itanim sa senado, tutuparin ko ang mga pangarap nyo) my dream to show all the anime here in Philippines i do not think that he can do that is just more lies to win the battles....
i'll just focus watching animes in cable not on the local channels because they just repeating all over again and nothings new at all
dgreater1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quote
What the hell is happening here now? Please don't talk about piracy Filipino people! You're showing how corrupt the Philippine is, don't you know? Damn! I just wish all those money grabbing plundering libeling judicial killing politician go to hell! Oh! That's right, I could call Enma Ai and list all their names because I hate them and I wan't to take revenge on them all at the same time :3 (JK). By the way, I don't care about Lupin being produced by GMA since I already lost my trust on the local channels in making action films with special effects (oh geeze... the special effects looks like a thing from 1970's they don't even improved!) :p. Btw again, please put some pause in your sentences paulo88ayanami Laughing , it's not we don't have common sense to understand your post but it would at least help make it easier for us to read Laughing As for tagalog(Pilipino) dub, I don't really agree that it sucks (well, some may sucks but not all, for ex. Lost Universe), at least the dubbers put their feelings to the character (I especially like Kaleido Star, Fighting Spirit, HunterXHunter, Rurouni, Yakitate, etc. tagalog dub). By the way... I think dual dub is not yet supported here in Philippines because we're a bit late in technology :p, it's not like they don't want to offer it, it's just that they can't offer it Smile

MABUHAY PILIPINO! BANZAI FILIPINO! LONG LIVE PILIPINO!
namelissis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:
What the hell is happening here now? Please don't talk about piracy Filipino people! You're showing how corrupt the Philippine is, don't you know? Damn! I just wish all those money grabbing plundering libeling judicial killing politician go to hell! Oh! That's right, I could call Enma Ai and list all their names because I hate them and I wan't to take revenge on them all at the same time :3 (JK). By the way, I don't care about Lupin being produced by GMA since I already lost my trust on the local channels in making action films with special effects (oh geeze... the special effects looks like a thing from 1970's they don't even improved!) :p. Btw again, please put some pause in your sentences paulo88ayanami Laughing , it's not we don't have common sense to understand your post but it would at least help make it easier for us to read Laughing As for tagalog(Pilipino) dub, I don't really agree that it sucks (well, some may sucks but not all, for ex. Lost Universe), at least the dubbers put their feelings to the character (I especially like Kaleido Star, Fighting Spirit, HunterXHunter, Rurouni, Yakitate, etc. tagalog dub). By the way... I think dual dub is not yet supported here in Philippines because we're a bit late in technology :p, it's not like they don't want to offer it, it's just that they can't offer it Smile

MABUHAY PILIPINO! BANZAI FILIPINO! LONG LIVE PILIPINO!

ooh, very well said...
can we please, stop saying bad things about our country! You're making us look bad at many people... Is this really what you like to be seen by those making a crap about our country...

Okay, if you wanna watch Lupin then go ahead, if you don't let's watch animax or hero...
If you hate dubs, look for anime dvd in english subs...
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote
WTF?!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
WTF?!

Okay, that changes my mind about the whole thing Shocked Jigen and Goemon weren't even in there. Surely they could come up with something better over here?
FourthSheep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quote
karurosan wrote:
We should understand that GMA's Lupin is not based on Lupin III the anime series. It is based on the original Lupin from France, aka Arsene Lupin.

Another info: Lupin III is the grandson of Arsene Lupin that will be portrayed by Richard Guttierez.

So don't compare the two.

Karurosan is right.

Sorry for the misconception. It was stated here in Anime News Network that Janno Gibbs was supposed to be cast as Inspector Zenigata (character from Lupin III).

It is now confirmed that the series is based on Arsène Lupin, and NOT Lupin III (an anime spinoff from the Leblanc character).
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:48 am Reply with quote
Fourth: They do mention the anime in all those Youtube interviews, which makes me think that it's partly based on it.
AoiHonou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Fourth: They do mention the anime in all those Youtube interviews, which makes me think that it's partly based on it.

I think I will disagree a bit because:

1. The casts were introduced last Sunday, March 25, 2007 on SOP program. The heck, Lupin's got a HAREM in that teleserye! All of his sidekicks are girls. In addition, Lupin has a little sister in their storyline as the casts revealed.

2. There supposedly Inspector Zenigata (Janno Gibbs), but no Jigen, Goemon, or Fujiko either in that casts.

3. Confirmed - there's comedy, action, and drama.

4. GMA-7 is only riding on the popularity of the Lupin III anime series to attract anime fanatics to watch (i wish Razz)

So it's safe to say that the storyline of Lupin live-action series in the Philippines will be based not on the anime series but mostly on the French novel where Arsène Lupin is portrayed.

(If I remember, there's also a Western animation titled Lupin that was televised on Studio 23 a long time ago. Yes, a batman-styled artworks...)
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Aoi: Goemon wasn't in that 70s movie, though.
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
I say Myles Hernandez as Fujiko. She's totally got the look and the bod for it.

Maybe Jericho Rosales who just played Pacquiao can play Lupin =P

Maybe Tirso Cruz can play the detective that's always after him.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
WTFpz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quote
wtf mate... this idea sucks really... i hate it... i dont recommend watching this series...
Chikara Guchi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:53 am Reply with quote
The date I posted this article, the series was long over. yes, GMA's Lupin live action series is OVER. And, I hate to say this but, I TOLD YOU SO! it was horrible, stupid and I don't expect anyone in their right minds would watch it.
Since we're on the topic, I'd like to allude to another flop of GMA in the past. well, it was more of a landslide success than a flop. When they released a Tagalog version of Borutesu Paibu no Uta from Voltes V performed by Tito and Vic Sotto and Joey de Leon, the song was a phenomenal hit. But I don't think there's a need to argue in terms of whether that song was stupid or not.
The same was with this series.
I'm saying it again, I TOLD YOU SO!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5