• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sola

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Episode 10....I freakin' KNEW IT!!! Surprised

spoiler[Yorito is in fact NOT a real human but a creation by Aono to replace the real one who got killed in the past; he's made out of paper.]

Yeah, I figured it was something like that since spoiler[Aono can control paper and she had such an extreme level of control over Yorito that she wasn't able to do with anyone else. Otherwise she would have wiped Matsuri from Mana and Koyori's memories as well.]

Quote:
spoiler[And not to mention she wants Yorito to disappear with her.
]

And that's probably what we'll get at the end. From the beginning I figured we'd see at least Matsuri die by the end and this episode means Yorito will probably be joining her. spoiler[Aono is going to die, and if she dies, so will Yorito. Unless the writers pull a magical solution out of their ass (and I'll be quite disappointed if they do), there is no way to make Yorito a real human. Once Aono dies, he will almost certainly die shortly after (probably not instantly if only so he can have a touching end with Matsuri).]

Quote:
Does anyone like Mana so far? For a "side-girl" character, she's handling the situations very maturely without becoming another love-interest. I think it's been awhile since we had that type of girl.

Mana is awesome. She's a normal girl surrounded my far from normal people and she isn't utterly useless.
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I figured in the endspoiler[, she fights Aono they will talk and she eventually convinces Aono to put away the act, Aono gets rid of her paper mache and Matsuri comits scuicide to disappear along with Yorito. Mana is left wondering where Yorito went and Aono lives for eonsin that house alone. That one girl dressed like a victorian doll turns back into a human leaving at least one couple happy. ]Course really what Hitokiri proposes is much more likely.

Despite knowing will probably happen I wouldn't mind a happy ending, well a more happy ending then people klling eachother and what not.
voluptas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote
I'd love to see a happy ending, especially for Yorito and Matsuri. I felt so bad for Yorito in episode 10. That must of been tough for him to find out. I'm looking foward to watching the next episode.
p3rseus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Great, spoiler[Sola has pull a FFX on us] , that actually makes things interesting now. When I started watching this, I though it'd be kind of boring and stupid but it grew on me, and it's turned out to be better than I thought. spoiler[As for the ending, I see Yorito killing his sister (can't remember the name) and thus killing himself with her]
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quote
I've seen some eps. of this show, and I kinda like how the story is progressing. I also kinda like this new breed of night crawling people show, spoiler[no need for blood to power them up or maybe they do, well, I haven't seen most of the eps. so I don't really know if they really need blood Anime hyper]. Furthermore, Noto Mamiko + Nakahara Mai FTW~

Anyway, I haven't read much of the spoilers here because I haven't reach the latest episode yet Razz

BTW, have anyone here wondered why the title of the show is Sola? Well, I've been wondering about it when I remembered that one of the theme of the show is about sky which means sora, and because Japanese have hard time pronouncing "r" with their tongues, they thought Sola would be a fine alternative. But that's just my opinion though Anime hyper
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:09 am Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:
BTW, have anyone here wondered why the title of the show is Sola? Well, I've been wondering about it when I remembered that one of the theme of the show is about sky which means sora, and because Japanese have hard time pronouncing "r" with their tongues, they thought Sola would be a fine alternative. But that's just my opinion though

I'm guessing it means sun because it's simular to the word soleil which is French for sun. The story "revolves around the sun" Wink where it is the key element in the plot. Yorito's obsession with the sky is nothing without the sun seeing as how the only way to view a none artificial sky is have the sun light reflect blue molecules to make the sky it's color.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:03 pm Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:
dgreater1 wrote:
BTW, have anyone here wondered why the title of the show is Sola? Well, I've been wondering about it when I remembered that one of the theme of the show is about sky which means sora, and because Japanese have hard time pronouncing "r" with their tongues, they thought Sola would be a fine alternative. But that's just my opinion though

I'm guessing it means sun because it's simular to the word soleil which is French for sun. The story "revolves around the sun" Wink where it is the key element in the plot. Yorito's obsession with the sky is nothing without the sun seeing as how the only way to view a none artificial sky is have the sun light reflect blue molecules to make the sky it's color.

While the French Soleil is close the English Solar seems closer.

likely it is the combination of R/L and English Solar (I don't think French is as common as English in Japan)
Fui

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:
BTW, have anyone here wondered why the title of the show is Sola? Well, I've been wondering about it when I remembered that one of the theme of the show is about sky which means sora, and because Japanese have hard time pronouncing "r" with their tongues, they thought Sola would be a fine alternative. But that's just my opinion though Anime hyper

I think you're right that it's just a romanization of the JP word, 空 (sora). They do say it like 10 times each episode.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 11...oh man!!!

spoiler[This is a very bittersweet episode. Seems like Yorito and Aono made preparations to cut off ties with Mana and Koyori respectively. In the end, Mana and Koyori end up forgetting about them at the start of night time. That rooftop scene with Yorito and Mana is SO SAD!!! Crying or Very sad

Looks like there will be rematch between Matsuri and Aono, but this time Matsuri is armed with Takeshi's sword.]

Man, it makes you wonder what type of ending this is going to be. spoiler[And I expect a tearjerker one which I don't mind because I'm that kind of depressed sap. Surprised ]
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Episode 11...oh man!!!

spoiler[This is a very bittersweet episode. Seems like Yorito and Aono made preparations to cut off ties with Mana and Koyori respectively. In the end, Mana and Koyori end up forgetting about them at the start of night time. That rooftop scene with Yorito and Mana is SO SAD!!! Crying or Very sad

Looks like there will be rematch between Matsuri and Aono, but this time Matsuri is armed with Takeshi's sword.]

Man, it makes you wonder what type of ending this is going to be. spoiler[And I expect a tearjerker one which I don't mind because I'm that kind of depressed sap. Surprised ]

Just saw episode 11 and I have to say that was a pretty thing to see spoiler[with Yorito and Mana on the roof top together like that.] Really this episode just sets you up for 12. I hope that the spoiler[battle between Matsuri and Aono will be good.] Too bad the series is only 13 episodes, wish it would be like...14 Razz or more would be good also.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Ditto. I don't see how it couldn't be that kind of ending and I am also the sort of guy that likes those types of endings.

The episode was great and spoiler[Mana's seen with Yorito near the end] was very touching and sad.
p3rseus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:

Sola also means alone in spanish, but only in a feminine sense. Not sure if that has anything to do with the title name though.
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote
p3rseus wrote:
dgreater1 wrote:

Sola also means alone in spanish, but only in a feminine sense. Not sure if that has anything to do with the title name though.

It doesn't unless I was right and Aono ends up spending eons in the house alone after spoiler[Matsuri comits suicide ]and after Aono gets rid of Yorito. Course after episode 11 my theory is proven completely false so I don't think they chose the name do to a spanish meaning.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote
SECOND TO LAST EPISODE, and my GOD what an episode! Shocked

spoiler[This is Round 2 of Matsuri vs. Aono, and it looks like they're bringing out the best of their abilities especially with Aono's insane use of her paper clones.

And to top this episode off, Matsuri has taken her sword and stabbed herself (I thought she's going to die) which pretty much made Aono into a human again. And they ended with a cliffhanger of Matsuri going in for the kill. Shocked Shocked ]

I think it safe to say that sola is seriously becoming one of my favorites!
calawain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is I'm gonna guess this show isn't going to end with all the characters living happily ever after and that I'm going to end up crying during the final episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6