• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otaku USA Magazine Arrives June 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
testorschoice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
testorschoice wrote:
GATSU wrote:
testors:
Quote:
You don't seriously think that a dozen web pages (several of which are clearly marked "EXCERPT") contains all the articles of a 150-page magazine, do you?

Probably not, but I'm gonna bet 20-30 pages are ads, another 10-20 are reviews, 10-15 are pics of cosplayers, and the rest of the pages consist of otaku-centric articles which only interest the japanophiles.

Psst....I'm not sure you noticed, but this magazine is called Otaku USA. Wink

Quote:
They really shouldn't give away the good stuff like that the same week.

Uh, again, you did catch the word "EXCERPT," right? You might not be aware, but magazines from Time and Entertainment Weekly to Wizard excerpt their "good stuff" or even post whole articles with all pictures, sometimes before release.
]

Do you work for Otaku USA? If so, please let me know so I can give you a forums title saying so.

No, I don't even have my issue yet. Wink I've read (someone else's) copy while waiting for mine, and I think people should not think a magazine's web preview replaces the actual buying of the magazine.
smoochy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
testorschoice wrote:
GATSU wrote:
testors:
Quote:
You don't seriously think that a dozen web pages (several of which are clearly marked "EXCERPT") contains all the articles of a 150-page magazine, do you?

Probably not, but I'm gonna bet 20-30 pages are ads, another 10-20 are reviews, 10-15 are pics of cosplayers, and the rest of the pages consist of otaku-centric articles which only interest the japanophiles.

Psst....I'm not sure you noticed, but this magazine is called Otaku USA. Wink

Quote:
They really shouldn't give away the good stuff like that the same week.

Uh, again, you did catch the word "EXCERPT," right? You might not be aware, but magazines from Time and Entertainment Weekly to Wizard excerpt their "good stuff" or even post whole articles with all pictures, sometimes before release.
]

Do you work for Otaku USA? If so, please let me know so I can give you a forums title saying so.

I'm not quite sure if he's seriously asking you or mocking your shilling of the magazine.

I've already stated my opinion, that I believe Otaku USA to be the best bang for your buck, but I guess I'll say it again, cause I really do like this magazine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4