• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Damaged Orders

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so my exchanged item came in the mail today, and I have to say that I am very pleased with the outcome. It took them a week to get it out, since I mailed it before AX, and a couple days ago was when I got an email from Rightstuf saying they were going to be mailing it soon. And lo and behold, it has come, and the packaging looks brand new. Thank you Rightstuf!
Mylene

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Reviving this thread a little, but I'm only missing the one month suggestion by a couple of days, so here goes.

Anyone else continuing to have issues with Deep Discount? I still haven't received a replacement for my damaged Rozen Maiden box, and I sent it back to them on June 27. When I emailed them on July 19th to see what the status was, they claimed they hadn't received it, and that they would need 2 to 3 weeks to process it (which is not what they originally said.) I emailed them again today and am currently waiting for a response. Given that I'm getting ready to buy a house, I can just throw around money to buy a new one if they continue to claim they never got it. I'm getting quite upset, as that was a beautiful box and I really love the series. I'm getting more than just a little anxious with Deep Discounts site and customer service anymore.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
Reviving this thread a little, but I'm only missing the one month suggestion by a couple of days, so here goes.

Anyone else continuing to have issues with Deep Discount? I still haven't received a replacement for my damaged Rozen Maiden box, and I sent it back to them on June 27. When I emailed them on July 19th to see what the status was, they claimed they hadn't received it, and that they would need 2 to 3 weeks to process it (which is not what they originally said.) I emailed them again today and am currently waiting for a response. Given that I'm getting ready to buy a house, I can just throw around money to buy a new one if they continue to claim they never got it. I'm getting quite upset, as that was a beautiful box and I really love the series. I'm getting more than just a little anxious with Deep Discounts site and customer service anymore.

I've personally never had to replace anything, but I have heard from other people that DD is terribly show in handling returns. (At the same time, I've never heard of anyone not ultimately getting their replacement product, so it should be OK.)

I'm also inclined to think that DD has their hands pretty full at the moment, what with the Harry Potter thing and all...
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:13 am Reply with quote
The one time I had to do a return with them it was a pretty slow turn around time but I didn't have any problems. That was back before the site merger where they brought DVDs and CDs together and added books. It seems like ever since then they have been struggling. I bought some things at the last 20% off DVD sale and didn't have any problems at all except that some items were on backorder forever, something that for me was an unusual experience with them, but it's unfair to automatically blame that situation on them. It does seem like there are a lot more complaints since then than I can remember hearing before. I did have a problem as well shortly after the site merger where one of my orders got stuck in some kind of limbo state on their website and never shipped out. When I called customer service they couldn't even see the order and I had to place it again. I can still see it in my account -- it still says "processing" -- and I wonder if some day something is going to release it and I'm going to get a duplicate shipment of stuff.

Actually, their current problems kind of remind me of when they very first started out. In their first year of business or so people had a lot of problems with them and from what I understand their service wasn't so good. I wonder if they are just overwhelmed and didn't plan as well as they should have for the site merger and everything that went with it. If so, you would hope that things start getting better soon. It's been 8 months, so even if they had some problems they should be getting them sorted out by now.

Mylene, I hope you will let us know how everything finally works out with you. I know quite a few of us buy from DeepDiscount and will be interested to hear what happens.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
Argh. I just had to return my Hellsing Ultimate 2 disc from DD, and then I come here and read all these nightmare stories. Great.

Lately, I've been getting loose discs from my DD orders, which then freaks me out, because they're all scratched. Hellsing Ultimate was so bad that stopped halfway through the playing. Luckily my Mushishi disc was okay.

I've never had any problems with TRSI or amazon. Maybe I should reconsider using DD as my main anime source and go with TRSI.
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Lately, I've been getting loose discs from my DD orders, which then freaks me out, because they're all scratched.

The reason I tore straight into the Rozen Maiden box without initially noticing the damage was because I heard the DVD moving around. Since it didn't look like it had been stepped on (like my Paradise Kiss artbox which I also bought from DDD) I thought I was safe from box damage and was more worried about what was inside being scratched.

Edit: It's never a good sign when the response email is, "You didn't send us the right order number," and when I look it up, it IS the right order number...

Edit 8/22/07: And after responding to said email and letting them know that I gave them correct order number, as well as giving them all the additional information they requested....they haven't responded in a week. Looks like I won't be owning the Rozen Maiden artbox, since I'm getting vibes that they're going to pretend it never happened, Right Stuf is sold out, and I'm not willing to drop another $30 on it again, especially since I'm in the process of buying a house. I don't think I'll be shopping at DD anymore.
E-Arkham

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quote
So what's the general consensus about Deep Discount? Are damaged orders from them common?

Their prices are getting hard to ignore, but I'm picky about the condition of my anime (especially the artboxes). If the consensus is that every other order has a loose disk or a scratched box, then I'll just stick to retail.

Kep
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:02 am Reply with quote
Their customer service has recently taken a very noticeable dip to the bad side of things. Usually my regular DVDs from them have been fine (although I never receive notification when they cancel orders), the past two artboxes I've purchased have been damaged to varying degrees ranging from "I think they stepped on it" to "I think this thing's been digested!" 8 months ago, they had great, quick customer service. This summer I've been fighting with them for two months to get my refund for the heavily damaged Rozen Maiden 1 + artbox I received from them. Maybe this is just an unlucky streak, but I will admit I'm not willing to take anymore chances with them at this time. They aren't even trying to answer my questions anymore, and it's not like I'm constantly sending them repeated, rude emails. Since returning the item 2 months ago, I have emailed them 3 times, always exuding patience and niceness.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
Their customer service has recently taken a very noticeable dip to the bad side of things. Usually my regular DVDs from them have been fine (although I never receive notification when they cancel orders), the past two artboxes I've purchased have been damaged to varying degrees ranging from "I think they stepped on it" to "I think this thing's been digested!" 8 months ago, they had great, quick customer service. This summer I've been fighting with them for two months to get my refund for the heavily damaged Rozen Maiden 1 + artbox I received from them. Maybe this is just an unlucky streak, but I will admit I'm not willing to take anymore chances with them at this time. They aren't even trying to answer my questions anymore, and it's not like I'm constantly sending them repeated, rude emails. Since returning the item 2 months ago, I have emailed them 3 times, always exuding patience and niceness.

It's been over a month for me and I still haven't heard anything regarding my Hellsing Ultimate v. 2. I'll give them a couple more weeks to allow for media shipping and processing, and then I'm writing them.

On the bright side, my gotanime membership just shipped! TRSI is SO much better, especially during their sales! My Geneon orders are taken care of through December I believe. Now I just need a Funimation and ADV sale! (Or actually, my credit card says NO, but I have selective hearing) I also like how shawnek from TRSI does seem to care about us, and will post and check this forum regularly.
Ayhoser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I've noticed that my DVDs from deepdiscount always seem to be loose. I haven't hadn't any problems with them playing but it was a concern when I received them. I guess you get what you pay for. Razz
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quote
E-Arkham wrote:
So what's the general consensus about Deep Discount? Are damaged orders from them common?

By my experience, no... but if you do get one, it's going to be quite the headache fixing the issue.

I'd stick with TRSI or other more reliable retailers for artboxes, LEs, and other harder-to-replace items. (And I, personally, never order from DD unless it's during the 20% off DVDs sale. TRSI sales beat DD everyday prices most of the time.)
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Great, I just ordered Saiunkoku w/box from DD and it's already shipped. I have the first FMA set on order with them too, but of my Saiunkoku comes all messed up I'm going to cancel my order. Boo. It was so cheap at DD.

Crying or Very sad
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:16 am Reply with quote
Just to let those who are curious know, I received my refund today. Of course, the artbox is no longer available from the (after all, it took 2 months...and during that time I watched as more and more places sold out) so I don't get to have it, it seems. I might browse a few places where I buy things that Right Stuf doesn't have anymore, but I am still disappointed that this took so long that they couldn't provide me with what I ordered. I mean, it hasn't even been out all that long...

Still, with refund in hand, I might consider purchasing from DD again, but on a much more limited basis than before.
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quote
What a disappointing conclusion. I have been a DD customer for a long time, but comments from so many people about recent problems have caused me to think twice about using them right now. They have built up a fair amount of good will with me over the years and I have not yet had any problems myself so I won't just drop them, but I think they handled things very poorly in this case and it does put some doubt in my mind about whether or not they are going to be able to handle my orders correctly.

I don't think I will order any artboxes or items that look like they may end up in short supply from them, at least until they show some signs of improvement and can get back to their previous level of good service.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quote
I just got the Story of Saiunkoku box set from DD, and although it arrived okay, it was shipped in a flimsy envelope! Why would they send a boxset in an envelope? i'm amazed it arrived in decent condition (one corner was peeking out of a tear in the envelope).

I think this will be my last order from DD unless something comes up that I can't pass on.

And I still haven't gotten any replacement disc from them for Hellsing Ultimate 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6