• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn Shaolin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:21 am Reply with quote
Name: Shawn Shaolin, Kung-Fu practitioner, and anime enthusiast.

Sex: Male

Blood Type: ???

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity:Black
Religion: none, really.....

Pets: none
Drink/Smoke: Drinks, yes. But I do not smoke at all.

Likes: Kung-Fu, anime, Manga, My manga clan 5 Tigers, beer, girlsm video games, etc.

Dislikes: The newest Hip hop trends, (I'm old skool all the way) String beans, snotty people.

Favorite anime: Cowboy bebop, FLCL, GITS, GITS:SAC, Hokuto no Ken, Trigun

Favorite Manga: Cowboy bebop, FLCL, Hellsing, Basilisk, Trigun, Dr. Slump.

Favorite Books: Hagakure, The Catcher in the Rye, Frankenstein, Animal Farm, anything by Edgar Allan Poe.

Favorite game: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Super smash bros. Brawl, MGS series, Tekken Series, Mario kart Series, Steambot Chronicles, MK series, WWE wrestling games, etc,

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Brother, The Crow, The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, Kiss of the Dragon, Shaolin Vs. Llama, Once upon a time in China Series, Kung fu Hustle, Ichi the Killer, every last Power Ranger series, All Classic Nickelodeon programming, WMAC Masters, etc...

Favorite Drink: Miller Genuine Draft

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke, Juices (of Varied flavors) Ginger ale, Water.
Favorite Foods: Too many to list....
Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Kotaku, Fakku, 4chan, Wrestlecrap.com, Youtube.com, Robert's anime, etc.

Favorite Sport (to watch):Baseball, Football, Hockey, Soccer

Favorite Sport (to play):Baseball, Football, Soccer

Favorite Music: I listen to a little bit of everything. Metal, Punk, ska, industrial, rap, hip-hop, techno, etc.

Job: Environment Services, for UMDNJ.

Hobbies: Practicing Kung-Fu and Art. Movies. Anime.

Fun facts about Shawn Shaolin:
Shawn Shaolin is the Master of Ceremonies In the 5 Tiger Manga clan.

Shawn Shaolin can count to 10 in Mandarin.

Shawn Shaolin has an extensive knowledge of movies.

Shawn Shaolin works the night shift at his job.
Favorite Quotes:
Let's Jam! Booyah! Hwoooooah!

I wish to meet people on this site and make friends, and maybe find some affiliates for my clan. also, I very much enjoy discussing anime, and movies in general. I hope to make a few friends here.

So........ LET'S JAM!
seto_21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Name: You can just call me Seto Very Happy

Ethnicity:Spanish

Pets: Have a dog currently but what a pain it is when it starts barking at 3 am

Drink/Smoke: Used to smoke but quit a year ago, drink when on social events.

Likes: Anime, reading, playing sports, hanging out w/ friends, going to clubs (not on a regular basis though)

Dislikes: Not being able to go study abroad (for the time being)

Favorite anime: FMA, Welcome to the NHK, Vampire Knight + Guilty (anime ending didn't live up to the expectation "sigh" ) and a few more

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Sadly haven't read any mangas will work on it though

Favorite Books:Children of Dune, The Dark Tower Gunslinger, And Then There Were None, The Art of War (not done with this one yet)

Favorite game: MGS4 Guns of The Patriots

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Iron Man, I Am Legend

Favorite Drink: An ice cold Heineken

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Caramel Machiatto ( i think this is how u spell it)

Favorite Foods: Mostly cuban style

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Animeseed, My Space

Favorite Sport (to watch):Baseball, soccer.

Favorite Sport (to play):Baseball, soccer, beach volleyball

Favorite Music: Anything that doesn't involve singing about shoes

Job: Sales Rep for T-Mobile

Hobbies: Reading, Swimming, Running, playing paintball

Favorite Quotes: "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar

Well that's a bit about me, at the moment im watching animes that fall into this category romance/school-life so if you guys have any suggestions please let me know. Looking forward to getting along w/ everybody and making some new friends.
StudioSCANIME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to introduce myself but if you don't mind, rather than following the format I'll make it short and sweet. Please note that I am not selling anything, just telling you about what I do.

My name is Henrik, I'm 30 and live in Sweden.
I am an anime enthusiast but also serious about starting up an animation company. Studio SCANIME is part of a larger business VoxHouse Studio in Sweden, which produces all kinds of media, graphics, web & music. SCANIME will of course, focus just on animation.

I wish to take influence from anime aesthetics but also bring something different to the table. Most of the shows we do are going to be very involved stories, based on both action and intelligent subjects. I think it is also necessary for anime to expand and be adopted by studios outside of Japan, to stay interesting. We have pretty much run the gamut of Japanese philosophies and phenomenon and it's time for anime to explore new ground and be interpreted by different belief systems and cultures. Our main show that's currently in the works and should have its pilot ep out soon is called BRUTE. I have been writing the story for this show for quite some time, and hope to release it as a book also.

We hope that if you are a fan of shows like Wolf's Rain, Berserk, Claymore, Cowboy Bebop, or more mature animes in general that you will check it out. This should be early in 09 but I can't give any solid date yet. In the meantime you can check out our Youtube channel, because the show will be put online there in High Definition. The link is in my profile if you care to check it out.

Anyway I look forward to having some good discussions about anime and other stuff with you all here.
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty late. Truthfully, I just didn't feel like typing this much until now. >.>

Name: For now, Symm.

Sex: Female

Blood Type: Unknown

Ethnicity: Russian, with a little Polish.

Pets: None, but a cat would be my ideal.

Drink/Smoke: No and no.

Likes: Anime, manga, books, and T.V. of the fantasy and sci-fi genres.

Dislikes: Not having enough money to fuel my interests.

Favorite anime: Slayers, Yu Yu Hakusho, Soul Eater, Code Geass, Ghost Hunt, Shugo Chara, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Soul Eater, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Zombie Loan, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

Favorite Books: The Aborsen trilogy, the Abarat series, the Inkheart trilogy, Tamora Pierce's Tortall novels

Favorite game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Stargate SG-1, Sanctuary, Doctor Who

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Dr. Pepper

Favorite Foods: Chocolate, it I'm going to be totally honest. If not, carrots are good.

Favorite Sites: Anime News Network, Scifi Wire, Youtube, Fanfiction.net

Favorite Sport (to play): Wushu (Chinese martial arts)

Favorite Music: English or Japanese rock music, also some OSTs. Soul Eater and Ghost Hunt, for example.

Hobbies: Watching anime and sci-fi, reading manga and novels, wushu... Nothing that hasn't been mentioned.

Favorite Quotes: "What is the reason for my existence? To be a convenient lackey for Lina? No, that can't be right. I know it's to be dark and mysterious, but not that dark and mysterious," - Zelgadis, Slayers NEXT.
SakuraXD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote
OK. I`ll write you some information about me)) Hehe, I don`t know English very well, but I try to learn it brilliantly. So, if you find some mistakes ... please, don`t kil me =)))

Name: Mila aka Sakura

Blood Type: I don`t remember

Ethnicity: Russian

Religion: Christian

Pets: I have a cat, a dog and a horse

Drink/Smoke: Oh no!

Likes: Watching anime, painting and reading manga, Internet- Surfing.

Dislikes: Spiders

Favorite anime: Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater and Vampire Knight also Weiss Kreuz.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): FMA and Death Note

Favorite Books: all the books of Robin Hobb.
Favorite game: Blood Rayne 1.2 and Sibirea

Favorite TV shows/Movies: I hate TV shows! My favourite films - Kill Bill and Dancing With Him, Favour

Favorite Drink: None

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Juices.

Favorite Foods: All Seafood, meat

Favorite Sites: Anime-4ever, animereactor and this site

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football and horse-jumping, dressage

Favorite Sport (to play): Horseback-riding

Favorite Music: Rock and OSTs

Job: I don' t have a job.

Hobbies: eeee ... horse-riding =).

Fun facts about me:
I want to travel the world and go to Japan for sightseeing.

Favorite Quotes:
I`m the God of new world! (c) Kira
Why has the snow the white colour? Maybe it lost its colour ... (c) C.C.
It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
W. Edwards Deming

The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does.
No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
Daisy Bates

Pictures:
None
Amayasrain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Name: Dani

Blood Type: A, I can't remember if it was positive or negative though.

Marital Status: Not married but in a serious relationship.

Ethnicity: 1/2 Spanish, 1/4 French Canadian, 1/8 Scandinavian and 1/8 German.

Religion: Anglican, though I was born and raised Catholic. I guess that makes me an Anglo-Catholic of sorts.

Pets: One cat, all-white and quite large. Some people think he's fat but I think he's just of big stature.

Drink/Smoke: I only drink socially on occassion, I never have and never will smoke.

Likes: Exercising, talking about Rurouni Kenshin, web surfing, languages, walks in the park, taking day trips to Little Tokyo (it's only about 30 min away from home).

Dislikes: Rabid fangirls and this alternate-pairing business.

Favorite anime: Rurouni Kenshin, Evangelion, Trigun, and Fushigi Yuugi.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Rurouni Kenshin has to be the most amazing manga I have ever read, I have read some excellent mangas since but none can hold a candle to it in my opinion. I tend to be a shonen (usually Shonen Jump) manga reader, I can't stand most shojo even though I'm a girl, with the exception of Fushigi Yuugi. Recently I've been reading Yu Yu Hakusho, Death Note, DGray-man and Naruto.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: The Last Samurai, The Dark Knight, Friends, Grey's Anatomy, The L Word, Chelsea Lately, and Family Guy. I'm more of a casual TV watcher though, I don't keep up with my favorite TV shows that much, but I'll watch them if I come across them while channel surfing.

Favorite Drink: Red wine, usually a merlot or a chianti.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Tea or Gatorade (usually fruit punch flavor).

Favorite Foods: Where do I start...well I've always been a Japanese food fan, especially ramen and udon noodles. Sushi too, especially salmon and eel. I'm big on chocolate too, especially those Lindt truffles or chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Other staples of mine are eggs, peanut butter, and mushroom and olive pizza.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, myspace, Wikipedia and Amazon.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Horse racing, Football and Basketball.

Favorite Sport (to play): Basketball.

Favorite Music: All kinds of music...I like some metal, 90s pop and rock, latino pop, world music, anime music, movie soundtracks, some alternative (like Linkin Park) and recently some in the more classical or easy listening category, like Josh Groban.

Job: Starving college student.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Inu80

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote
This is my first post here... I have been coming to this site for a few years now for all my anime-episode info. Not exactly sure why it took me so long to register, but here I am. So hello to everyone, and please feel free to read my answers to the standard questions! Razz

Name: Inu80 (Obviously not my real one)

Blood Type: A+

Ethnicity: 100% Sicilian

Religion: Catholic

Pets: I have 2 cats!

Drink/Smoke: Drink occasionaly, smoke herb a little more then that! Shocked

Favorite anime: That's just impossible to say!

Favorite Books: hahaha... books!

Favorite game: Classic Nintendo

Favorite Drink: Sam Adams Octoberfest!

Non-Alcoholic Drink: What's that?!?!

Favorite Foods: Everything! Mainly Italian homecooking, sushi!!!!

Favorite Sport (to watch): Soccer!

Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer!

Job: CPA

Hobbies: Cook, watch anime... pretty dull I guess!
cloudy.thoughts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Hello <waves>

I don't normally like saying too much about myself but New Year optimism and I've found this site so interesting I feel I must say something

Name: I can cope with Cloud. Or Cloudy. Your choice Very Happy

Sex: I'll let you guess Twisted Evil

Blood Type: A+

Marital Status: Very much taken <B

Ethnicity: British - although I'm sure I've some southern European genes somewhere in there given that I tan slowly and go a very nice shade of burnt umber, eventually.

Religion: Devoted agnostic.

Pets: One Ginger Tom, One Tuxedo lady

Drink/Smoke: Drinks on occasion, but hates the smell of cigarette smoke. The thought of kissing someone one who smokes... ugh!

Likes: Drawing. Not good at it (points to Avatar), but one can take pleasure at doing things one's not good at, can't one, if one wants too <stomps>

Dislikes: Prejudice. Closed thought. Guns. Aggression.

Favorite anime: Difficult to pick a single favourite. I've watched Nausicaä a few times, and I love the Cat Bus in Totoro. This is why I'm here. want to learn what's good. Want to go watch some good ones.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Not read that many to choose from. I like what I've read so far of Inu Neko Jump for some odd reason. Perhaps Yuki reminds me of me a little.

Favorite Books: Ruby Tuesday, The Five People you Meet in Heaven, Wenny has Wings, Winnie The Pooh, Alice in Wonderland

Favorite game: Spiro the Dragon (it's the only one I'm any good at). Although I did like the gothic-ness of Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, but got bored with the constant 'drinking'.

Favorite TV shows: The IT crowed. Green Wing. Pob.

Favorite Alcoholic Drink: A glass of rose wine with food, or a pint of cider if I'm dancing, but not driving - well dancing's thirsty work

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Elderflower cordial, or water at home, although I drink strong coffee at work

Favorite Foods: Sushi, Jelly (jello to those in the Americas), chilli con carne, roast potatoes, cauliflower and macaroni cheese,... no I'm not on a diet,... fish, especially Sea bass. Sorbets. Jelly Babies. Chocolate - but only the 70%+ stuff, none of that insipid weak stuff, please.

Favorite Sites: I love all the web-comic sites (like http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/ and http://devilspanties.keenspot.com/ for example)

Favorite Sport (to watch): Motor racing - I've had a 'crush' on Formula One for some while, but it's beginning to fade.

Favorite Sport (to play): I play badminton (about as well as I draw). I'm a half decent swimmer - not fast, but I can easily do one length under water.

Favorite Music: I can't get the title song of Gunslinger Girl out my head at the moment. Otherwise Dance/Rave and alternative music - nothing specific.

Job: Fingers hitting keyboard - a lot of that mostly, and a few meetings. I work for a small electronics company.

Hobbies: Drawing, eating, snuggling, walking, cooking, snuggling, dancing, and don't forget the snuggling.

Fun facts about me:
Arrow Can wiggle ears
Arrow I like the snow. I like the way it crunches underfoot.
Arrow Fav school subject was maths
Arrow I like doing cartwheels
Arrow I like the sound and smell of the first rain of a thunderstorm
Arrow I own a 1971 MGB roadster - that I wish I drove more frequently

Favorite Quotes: "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so" - Douglas Adams, I think
or "I like deadlines. I like the whooshing noise that make as they fly by" - no idea who said this first, but I'm adopting it and plan to give it a good home.

Pictures:
Some of my drawing...
Popotan Dance
Ash loves Em
Elephant in Zebra Suit
or see my DA Gallery
TheresaJayne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:59 am Reply with quote
Name: Theresa

Sex: Female Obviously

Ethnicity:British Caucasian
Religion: Pagan

Pets: Used to have a dog, had to give her away due to work commitments
Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially and doesn't smoke

Dislikes: Sport and hypocrits

Favorite anime: Keeps changing, Kanon is a very high one

Favorite Manga only read the World of Warcraft Manga

Favorite Books: David Eddings and E. E. Doc Smith or and Anne mcCaffery
Favorite game: World of warcraft

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Road Wars (uk police show from my area)

Favorite Drink: WKD irn bru flavour

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Dandelion and Burdock

Favorite Foods: Yaki Udon with Negima Yakatori and Tori Kare Age

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Facebook, Salroth.com (online roleplaying)

Favorite Music: Jpop (perfume and Puffy) Anime themes, mike oldfield and anything that sounds good

Job: Computer programmer for a large organisation (we own KPMG)

Hobbies: Photography, Scuba diving, Scifi, Judo and Qualified Hypnotherapist.

If that doesnt scare you all off then i don't know what will.
G.I.M.P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Name: Xavier

Blood Type: no clue

Marital Status: Married

Ethnicity: 1/2 black 1/2 spanish
Religion: catholic
Pets: One cat, she actually adopted me a few years ago.

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially and smoke

Likes: Posting, talking about 3d,and big screen TV's and his 2001 celica

Dislikes:o.0

Favorite anime: code geass
Favorite Manga (Light novels): .hack and King of hell

Favorite game: .hack//G.U. series.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Empire

Favorite Drink: hennesy

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke, Nesquik,
Favorite Foods: carrots
Favorite Sites: Rogue Studioz
Favorite Sport (to watch): Football
Favorite Sport (to play): Football
Favorite Music: I listen to a little bit of everything, but I do listen to a lot of Rap good old school Rap,
Job: 3d animator
Nyātta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:03 am Reply with quote
Been coming here for a while now, finally got around to registering i guess <.<

Name: Using Nyātta or any nickname you come up with is fine.

Marital Status: Relationship

Religion: Im agnostic

Drink/Smoking: I'll have a drink on occasion, nothing heavy though and i don't smoke.

Likes (besides anime/manga): Web Design, photography, landscape art, comedy.

Dislikes: People who judge others based on appearance,race,sexual preferences.

Favorite anime: Well, after this long i don't think i could just pick one, it would be a list of about 10 or so. But Trigun is one of my favorites.

Favorite manga: Hm, Im not sure about this one right now, i should get some sleep Razz

Favorite game: Halo, KOTOR(Knights of the Old Republic), Sonic(oh yeah, going a little old school), play WoW(World of Warcraft) a lot but i don't think i would consider it a favorite.

Favorite Food: Italian

Favorite Drink: Cactus Cooler, Root beer

Favorite Sport: I'm not too big on sports really, so I can't really say.

Favorite Music: Trance, Metal, Rock

Fun Facts about me: Hm, if you get to know me I'm sure you'll figure some out Razz
djrobot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Name: DJ LaPage
Blood Type: Is it bad not to know this?
Marital Status: Engaged
Ethnicity:1/4 English, 1/4 French, 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 Hungarian
Religion: Agnostic.
Pets: One cat named Baby Bear
Drink/Smoke: Rarely drink. Couple times a year. Ex-smoker.
Likes: Music, comics, anime, movies, hockey, trepenation, nihilism, dadaism, discordianism, synchronicities, magick, godhead, xfxe8ion, world domination, the multiverse, the illuminati, UFC, mixed martial arts, ...
Dislikes: I'm a recovering hater. If I don't like it, I'll just keep my opinion to myself.
Favorite anime: Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, GITS, Akira, anything by Miyazaki.
Favorite Manga (Light novels): Never got into Manga.
Favorite Books: Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Naked Lunch, On The Road, The Illuminatus Trilogy. Anything by Charles Bukowski, William S Burroughs, Wlliam Gibson, Hunter S Thompson, Douglas Rushkoff, Robert Anton Wilson, Carlos Castenada, Roger Zelany, Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis, Alan Moore.
Favorite game: NHL'09, the Final Fantasy's.
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Way too many to name, but here's a few: Venture Bros, South Park, Simpsons, Futurama, Weeds, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The Office, 30 Rock, LOST, BSG, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report. We'll be here all day if I start listing off movies.
Favorite Drink: Beer.
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Chocolate milk.
Favorite Foods: Steak, lobster and garlic mashed potatoes with garlic or pan fried bread. I'm also a cereal lover.
Favorite Sites: ComicReaders.com, I'm a huge comic book nerd. I also frequent Millar World. Wikipedia, facebook and Yahoo! Sports.
Favorite Sport (to watch):Hockey and UFC.
Favorite Sport (to play): Jiu Jitsu.
Favorite Music: Mostly indie rock but I have a love for nearly all music. You can check out my musical tastes here.
Job: Admin for GasBuddy.com
Hobbies: Hanging out with my son. Reading comics, watching anime and movies on my beautiful TV. Training in jiu jitsu.
Favorite Quotes: "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson.
Pictures: Kaleb and I, Me, Me at the beach.
Raidne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:20 pm Reply with quote
'ello all.

Name: Raidne

Blood Type: No idea.

Ethnicity: 1/2 English, 1/4 German (or so), rest isn't known.

Religion: Agnostic

Pets: Miniature Jack Russell Terrier called Sandy, Cocker Spaniel called Sarah.

Drink/Smoke: Not yet, hopefully not ever.

Likes: Archery, video games, German, anime/manga, swimming when it isn't cold, Stepmania/FFR.

Dislikes: People that have given up on life, and anything that has to do with rap.

Favorite Anime: Depends on what I last watched. But mainly Elfen Lied and Kanokon.

Favorite Manga: DearS, Chibi Vampire, and Pretty Face.

Favorite Books: Wheel of Time series, Sword of Truth series. I'd rather not list all the other denizens of my closet.

Favorite Games: Rose Online, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, FFX, Stepmania <3

Favorite Drink: Coke/Sprite. I can't decide D:

Favorite Non-alcoholic Drink: ^

Favorite Foods: Pizza, lasagna, pasta shells

Favorite Sites: Hongfire, AnimeNfo Radio, [GM]Dave, Facebook

Favorite Sport to watch: None. I can't stand team sports (which is really all that's ever shown.)

Favorite Sport to play: Archery.

Favorite Music: Symphonic Metal, although my friends have rapidly made me start liking Techno as well. And I've started liking some songs from animes.

Job: None. Unless you count surviving 11th grade.

Hobbies: See likes.

Favorite Quotes: "Sometimes shyness is caused by an aversion to inferior people." from KUF: Circle of Doom (X360 game)
"How can you love others if you can't love yourself? This world is only fun because you're the main character of your life." from Kyouran Kazoku Nikki

Picture: http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=belicekphotosjune200804qf6.jpg
Taken several months ago when we were with friends in Arkansas.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I suppose that I ought to do one of these.

Name: GrinfilledCelt
Blood Type: A+ (I just gave blood today)
Marital Status: Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!
Ethnicity: Guess.
Religion: Yes.
Pets: As often as I can.
Drink/Smoke: I get serious about drinking three or four times a year and every time say that I should do it more often. I used to smoke a pack a day of Camel Kings (That's the short ones without filters) until they made me quit after my second heart attack a couple of years ago. I miss it terribly. Quitting was/is the hardest thing I have ever done.
Likes: Good food and drink; beautiful women of all shapes, sizes and ages; anime of course and good times with good friends.
Dislikes: The fact that I can't smoke and fools (read liberals).
Favorite anime: There are lots of those but some of the ones I keep coming back to are Cowboy Bebop, Azumanga Daioh, Kogepan, Mushishi and anything by Miyazaki.
Favorite Manga (Light novels): I keep intending to get into Manga.
Favorite Books: There's plenty of those, too. I've been a big sci-fi fan most of my life to the point where almost everything I read seems to be a variation on something I have previously read. One fairly recent one that contains a lot of new ideas is the Otherland series by Tad Williams. It four fat tomes that, once you get through the first chapter, you'll quickly burn through.
Favorite game: Kingdom of Loathing
Favorite TV shows/Movies: These days my tv just provides background noise. I don't watch it much outside of anime. If there are any shows I like I download them so I can watch them at my convenience without all the @#$% commercials. The more recent shows I have watched/ am watching are Burn Notice, Doctor Who, Good Eats, Pen & Teller's Bullshirt, Pushing Daises and Sanctuary.
Favorite Drink: Guinness
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Plain old tap water.
Favorite Foods: Anything good. I also have a terrible sweet tooth.
Favorite Sites: A beautiful naked woman laying next to me when I wake up in the morning. (*sigh* That hasn't happened in a long, long time.)
Favorite Sport (to watch): I don't care much for sports. Make me watch some game and I'll enjoy it, but unless you tie me down, I've got better things to do.
Favorite Sport (to play): Stock car racing, table top football - anything I can play sitting down.
Favorite Music: Anything from Rock to Classical and any thing else you can think of as long as it's good.
Job: Kind of.
Hobbies: Yes, very much.
Favorite Quotes: "Thank goodness we're not getting as much government as we're paying for." - Will Rogers "I'm not young enough to know everything." - I don't know who
Pictures: Me grinfilled visage
GFX8800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quote
Name: N.Ash
Marital Status : Too young.
Religion : humanity.
Drink/smoke : Nope.
Favorite Music : Metal and most of it's sub genres.
Favorite Sports : Football.
Favorite Games : Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, God of war, Prince of persia (Serie)
Favorite anime : Yu Yu Hakusho, Akira (movie), Ghost in the shell, Berserk, Fist of the North star, shadow skill, FMA, Death Note and of course DB/DBZ/DBGT and many many more.
Favorite manga : School Rumble, saikano, elfen lied, HunterxHunter and a few more.
Fun Facts about me : I like watching Old Bad and Unintentionally funny anime with Outrageous english dubs and Outdated animation. (Dog soldier, Angel cop etc).

EVERY post i make Except here seems to get Deleted. Thank you very much.

Last edited by GFX8800 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 69 of 233