• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN Panel @ Anime Expo '04

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vekou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:12 am Reply with quote
Vekou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:16 am Reply with quote
Wow, not a lot of people this year.

I came in late, answered the Answercat Jr. question, and then promptly had to leave. Sorry, guys, but thanks for the Gundam SEED shirt!
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:32 am Reply with quote
For those of us who weren't there (like myself)...

What all was asked/happened?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:26 am Reply with quote
Well, I just got back from a long drive a very short while ago. It was definetly nice to see a couple of faces from the list. I also want to apologize for having to leave in the middle of the panel...

Asked for my opinion about the site... I get a t-shirt, give each of the staff my own little business card (you can blame Bamboo on this one, she's the one who planted the idea in my head) and then take off

having about $10K worth of shitajiki in another room was certainly a good cause though (I think so anyway. I was working on trades almost an hour before the ANN panel was scheduled to start...)

Though I must say that my friend Mike getting the X TV soundtrack because nobody else was vying for it was something we both laughed about after we left.

Even so, it was nice to meet some people in person.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Goshin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I can lie and say that….

It was the best panel I have ever been to. The trivia questions were dead on, and the overall amount of people that had attended was immense. And the Q&A segment was very intriguing.

Regardless, of how that sounded; it was nice to see the people behind their respective screen name. Perhaps, with the announcement of the ANN T-shirt, we can get a better idea on just how many people actually support this site.

Good luck on your next panel.
cookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:13 pm Reply with quote
goshin23 wrote:
I can lie and say that….

How hard is it to get an honest reply out of you folks?

Geez. :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:35 pm Reply with quote
It was pretty casual really. Nothing happened, except for Tempest talking about his plans, and why they aren't happening until he gets enough cash for them.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:20 am Reply with quote
The schedule I got from Geneon only had it listed as "Industry/Fan Panel." I didn't know it was ANN or I would stay until 10 pm. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I promise I'll be there next year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:44 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
The schedule I got from Geneon only had it listed as "Industry/Fan Panel." I didn't know it was ANN or I would stay until 10 pm. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I promise I'll be there next year.

The schedule really screwed us over. The printed schedules were outdated ones that didn't have the ANN panel listed (it was listed as a Sera Myu panel), and with the exception of the AnimeExpo website, there was no inkling that we were to be there.

Still, it was nice to match up some names with faces. Thanks to everyone who showed up! Hopefully next year will be bigger and better.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Doh! I completely forgot about that. The irony of it was that Room 304 hosted the Macross panel after it, and I attended that panel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:26 pm Reply with quote
goshin23 wrote:
Good luck on your next panel.

Yeah... next time Anime smallmouth;

Honestly I wasn't extremely happy about this panel. I felt, and I'm sure some people in the audience felt, that it dragged on a bit long.

And of course, as Bamboo mentionned, we kinda got messed with not being in the schedule, I was expecting to double last year's head count (50 or 60 people) and instead we halved it.

Next time we'll probably give most the stuff away with a rafle to make that part of the panel quicker.

-t
The Spatula

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:59 pm Reply with quote
The panel was a bit anemic in terms of things to talk about, but I was happy enough just hanging out with the ANN crowd. I was especially happy to get some free stuff! I sat next to GATSU and Zac, and I answered the questions about Ms. Answerman and Cookie.

The schedule was a bit confusing - I had to double-check the corrected versions they posted.
cookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quote
The Spatula wrote:
I answered the questions about Ms. Answerman and Cookie.

Er.

WHAT questions about me?
The Spatula

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:31 pm Reply with quote
The questions were:

1. Who writes the column Ms. Answerman?
2. Where is Cookie right now?
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:01 am Reply with quote
I ended up beating 3 other people at rock paper scissors for a Lupin III press kit and a bunch of other lupin stuff.

ALso ended up answering the plastic little ? before it was asked
heh jiggle Counter.

also Didint we get shafted by the advertising last year as well?
last year I belive the same thing happened the panel wasnt listed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2