• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Witch Hunts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Ugh don't mention the fire, it stunk so bad here from the fumes X_X
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quote
Earthquake!!!! ... ARRGH ... and to think the best I was able to guess was "Summer"

Germ Ant wrote:
Given that he lost his sight "in the line of duty" as it were, it could be that his lordship would prefer not to be the next one blinded when his blind taster doesn't notice that the food seems to have a negative effect on one's visual acuity.

That I could definitely buy as a valid reason.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quote
MisterEd wrote:
I'm now pretty interested in Coyote Ragtime Show, and I think I'll check out the manga.

And on the subject of the shelf, The Adventures of Pete and Pete is one of the greatest Nickelodeon shows on the planet, an essential part of the Golden Age.

I keep meaning to see Pete & Pete, is that as good as Eerie Indiana? Also, I too would like to know if there are bookends on those shelves. I might send in pictures of my collection at some point, as I am now running out of shelf space (just hope the Buffy & Angel & The Wire boxsets my sister borrowed will all fit back on the shelves). My backlog is 2 metres tall... maybe I should try and finish the first half of Witchblade and maybe a movie and the rest of Niea_7.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote
UtenaAnthy wrote:
I keep meaning to see Pete & Pete, is that as good as Eerie Indiana?

Yeah, they're in the same ball park of weirdness and overall quality.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:09 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
UtenaAnthy wrote:
I keep meaning to see Pete & Pete, is that as good as Eerie Indiana?

Yeah, they're in the same ball park of weirdness and overall quality.

Maybe I'll get both of them next month (I've seen a bit of Eerie Indiana but still none of Pete & Pete). I did watch the rest of Witchblade disc 3, and I plan to pick up the rest of the series when the second set is released in the u.k., next up is The Simpsons Season 9 Disc 4 (yes, I don't have season 10 yet, though I am planning to get that one, then I'm done with buying the seasons). I am wondering if Ghost Hunt has the best qualities of The Twelve Kingdoms, which was also based on a series of novels, graphic or otherwise, by Fuyumi Ono.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote
UtenaAnthy wrote:
I am wondering if Ghost Hunt has the best qualities of The Twelve Kingdoms, which was also based on a series of novels, graphic or otherwise, by Fuyumi Ono.

I've seen most/all of Ghost Hunt and it was OK. Saw two different Tagalog dubs of Twelve Kingdoms, and the story just didn't reel me in well enough to watch the whole show despite the pretty good voice cast. Maybe if I watch it in Japanese, since I'm a huge Aya Hisakawa fan, and this was her first TV series lead role.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I'm so glad Ghost Hunt 2 was as good as 1. I was really swept into that series. Freaky!

I love it when series don't start to suck after the first half... don't you? Very Happy
- Yeah, I liked the 2nd part more/just as the first half, the bloodstained maze (title?) arc was IMO, the scariest/best arc Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3