Kenji Kamiyama's Hirune Hime Anime Film Reveals New Visual
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website of Hirune Hime ~Shiranai Watashi no Monogatari~ (Napping Princess: The Story of the Unknown Me), the new anime film by director Kenji Kamiyama, unveiled a new visual for the film on Thursday.
Those who buy tickets starting on December 3 will receive one of two clear files with art.
The film is slated to debut in Japan in March 2017.
The film's cast includes:
- Mitsuki Takahata (live-action Sexy Voice and Robo, Ao Haru Ride) as Kokone Morikawa
- Shinnosuke Mitsushima (ERASED) as Morio, Kokone's childhood friend
- Arata Furuta (live-action 20th Century Boys) as Watanabe, the CEO of Shijima Automobiles, who is planning to trick Kokone's father
- Tomoya Maeno as Kijita, a friend and bad influence on Kokone's father
- Hideki Takahashi (Pokémon the Movie: Black - Victini and Reshiram) as Isshin Shijima, the president of Shijima Automobiles
- Yosuke Eguchi (live-action Rurouni Kenshin) as Momotarō, Kokone's father
- Rie Kugimiya as Joy, the stuffed Shiba Inu toy friend of Kokone
I.G Port's new anime studio subsidiary Signal.MD (Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note, Anime Tamago's "Colorful Ninja Iromaki" short) is animating the film as its first anime film project. Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit, Eden of the East) is directing the film, as well as penning the script. Satoko Morikawa (The Cat Returns, Eden of the East, Xi Avant) is designing the characters, and Shigeto Koyama (Michiko & Hatchin, Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit, Heroman) is in charge of mechanical design.
The film will be set in Okayama prefecture in 2020, just before the Tokyo Olympics. Kamiyama describes the story as one of a father and daughter that is close to his personal feelings.
Source: Animate Times