AFA Singapore to Host Lia, Aimer as Musical Guests
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Anime Festival Asia announced on Saturday that singers Lia and Aimer will perform at Anime Festival Asia's main convention in Singapore as musical guests.
Both singers will perform in the event's "I Love Anisong Reboot" concert, although the convention has not yet announced on which day of the concert the artists will perform.
Lia launched her career as a singer and songwriter in 2000. She was a member of the I've Sound music production group from 2001-2003. She is notable for having performed theme songs for two Key visual novels: Air ("Tori no Uta"), and Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life ("Light colors"), both written by Jun Maeda. She later performed "Tori no Uta" for Air's 2004 television anime adaptation. She also performed "My Soul, Your Beats," the opening theme from the 2010 Angel Beats! series, and most recently performed the opening theme "Bravely You" from the Charlotte anime series, which premiered on July 4. Maeda also wrote both songs and series. She released her "Bravely You/Yake Ochinai Tsubasa" single on August 26, and it reached the #4 spot on the Oricon weekly single chart. She also performed the "Mado Kara Mieru" song alongside Aoi Tada and Kaori Omura on composer Christopher Tin's Grammy award-winning album Calling All Dawns.
Aimer debuted in 2011 as part of the Agehasprings group. They released a cover album titled Your Favorite Things in May 2011. She released her first single for Defstar Records, "Rokutousei no Yoru," in September 2011. The single's title song was featured as the ending theme song of the No. 6 television anime series. She has also performed theme songs for the Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Terror in Resonance television anime series. Additionally, title song of her March 2013 "RE:I:AM" single was used as the ending theme for the sixth OVA episode of the Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn series. Most recently, she performed the opening theme song "Brave Shine" for the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works anime series' second season.
- Back-On (Air Gear, Gundam Build Fighters, Fairy Tail)
- bless4 (Genesis of Aquarion, Amagi Brilliant Park)
- HoneyWorks/CHICO with Honeyworks (Magic Kaito 1412, Tokyo Ravens, Blue Spring Ride)
- ZAQ (Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!, Non Non Biyori, Maria the Virgin Witch)
- Ayana Taketatsu (K-ON!, Momokyun Sword, The Pilot's Love Song)
- Maaya Uchida (Gatchaman Crowds, Robot Girls Z, The [email protected] Cinderella Girls)
- Suzuko Mimori (Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, Love Live!, Teekyū)
- Michi (Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers)
- Shiori Mikami (Yuruyuri - Happy Go Lily, Ixion Saga DT, Ōkami-san & Her Seven Companions)
- Yumiri Hanamori (The Rolling Girls, Etotama)
- Yurika Endō (The Severing Crime Edge, Z/X Ignition, Ace of Diamond)
- GARNiDELiA (Kill la Kill, The irregular at magic high school, Gundam: Reconguista in G)
- May'n (Macross Frontier, Ōkami-san & Her Seven Companions, Valkyria Chronicles 3)
- Mika Kobayashi (Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown, Kill la Kill) with Tetsuro Shimaguchi (KAMUI)
- nano (Btooom!, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, M3 the dark metal)
- Stand-Up! Hearts
The event's second day on November 28 is labeled as a P's LIVE concert, which is Japanese music label Pony Canyon's name for its concerts with Pony Canyon-associated voice actors, actresses, and artists. Ayana Taketatsu, Maaya Uchida, Suzuko Mimori, Michi, Shiori Mikami, Yumiri Hanamori, and Yurika Endō are all affiliated with Pony Canyon and have previously performed at P's LIVE concerts in Japan. This will be the first time that Pony Canyon will hold a P's LIVE concert outside of Japan. Pony Canyon held the last P's LIVE concert on March 8 in the Yokohama Arena.
Anime Festival Asia Singapore will hold its event from November 27 to 29. Anime Festival Asia began in Singapore in 2008, and has since held sister events in Indonesia and in Thailand.
The Anime Festival Asia convention held its Bangkok, Thailand event from April 30 to May 3, and held its event in Indonesia from September 25 to 27.