No Guns Life Anime Unveils 8 New Cast Members, Ending Song Artist
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The September issue of Shueisha's Ultra Jump magazine unveiled more cast members and the ending theme song artist for the television anime of Tasuku Karasuma's No Guns Life manga on Monday. The new cast members include (Note: Character name romanizations are not official.):
- Yōko Hikasa as Olivier Juan de Belmer
- Yōji Ueda as Hugh Cunningham
- Masashi Ebara as Christina Matsuzaki
- Marika Kōno as Scarlett Gosling
- Yuya Uchida as Cronen von Wolf
- Kenyuu Horiuchi as Mega-armed Tokisada
- Inori Minase as Pepper
- Yuko Sanpei as Seven
Rock band DATS!! is performing the anime's ending theme song "Game Over."
Previously announced cast members include:
- Junichi Suwabe as Juzo Inui
- Manami Numakura as Mary Steinberg
- Daiki Yamashita as Tetsurō Arahabaki
In addition, the anime's website revealed additional staff members for the anime on Monday, which are as follows:
- Mechanical Design: Junji Okubo
- Prop Design: Kyouko Takeuchi
- Chief Animation Directors: Masanori Shino, Kei Tsuchiya
- Color Design: Yoshinori Horikawa
- CG Production: Cyclone Graphics inc
- Video Production, Visual Effects Supervisor: Michiya Katou
- CG Director: Tomohisa Shitara
- Directors of Photography: Yūki Kawashita, Daichi Iseki
- Editing: Kashiko Kimura
- Sound Director: Fumiyuki Go
- Sound Effects: Naoto Yamatani
- Sound Production: grooove
- Music Production: Good Smile Film
- Production: Egg Firm
The anime will premiere in October on TBS.
Naoyuki Itou (Overlord all three seasons, Kanon, Kimi no Koe o Todoketai) is directing the anime at Madhouse (Boogiepop and Others, Overlord). Yukie Sugawara (Overlord all three seasons, Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World-, Hina Logic - from Luck & Logic) is overseeing the series scripts and Masanori Shino (Black Lagoon, Digimon Adventure tri. films, Gungrave) is designing the characters. Kenji Kawai (Patlabor, Ghost in the Shell, Mobile Suit Gundam 00) is composing the anime's music. Kenichi Asai will perform the opening theme song "Motor City."
Viz Media licensed the manga and will begin releasing it this fall. The company describes the story:
With no memory of his previous life—or who replaced his head with a giant gun—Juzo Inui now scratches out a living in the dark streets of the city as a Resolver.
Karasuma launched the manga in Shueisha's Ultra Jump magazine in August 2014 after first publishing the story as a one-shot manga. Shueisha released the eighth compiled book volume on March 19.
Karusuma has also drawn manga adaptations of Reideen and Eiichi Ikegami's Shangri-La novel.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history