News Momoiro Clover Z's Ayaka Sasaki Joins Saint Seiya CG Film's Cast
posted on 2014-03-13 01:00 EDT
The staff of the upcoming Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary CG film announced on Wednesday that idol group Momoiro Clover Z member Ayaka Sasaki will play Athena and Saori Kido in the film. The role marks Sasaki's first full role as a voice actress.
The film will adapt the popular Sanctuary arc from Masami Kurumada's original Saint Seiya mythological fantasy manga of "Bronze Saints vs. Gold Saints." The website and the trailer have the following quote from Kurumada: "The Seiya legend began here."
- Kaito Ishikawa (Nobunaga the Fool, Golden Time, Tokyo Ravens) as Pegasus Seiya
- Kenji Akabane (Meganebu!, Star Driver) as Dragon Shiryū
- Kensho Ono (Kuroko's Basketball) as Cygnus Hyōg
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Tiger & Bunny, Yozakura Quartet, Blue Exorcist) as Andromeda Shun
- Kenji Nojima (Psycho-Pass, High School DxD) as Phoenix Ikki
- Mitsuru Miyamoto (Tiger & Bunny, Fruits Basket) as Aries Mu
- Rikiya Koyama (Ninja Scroll, Witchblade, High School DxD) as Taurus Aldebaran
- Hiroaki Hirata (Tiger & Bunny, Space Brothers) as Cancer Deathmask
- Go Inoue (Kuroko's Basketball, Tiger & Bunny) as Leo Aiolia
- Mitsuaki Madono (Bleach, Gintama, Inuyasha) as Virgo Shaka
- Shinji Kawada (Nodame Cantabile, Attack on Titan) as Capricorn Shura
- Daisuke Namikawa (Persona 4 - The Animation) as Aquarius Camus
- Takuya Kirimoto (Summer Wars, Darker than Black) as Pisces Aphrodite
- Masumi Asano (D.N.Angel, Hyōka) as Scorpio Milo
- Toshiyuki Morikawa (LINE Town, Gundam Wing, Hyōka) as Sagittarius Aiolos
- Kouichi Yamadera (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sword Art Online, Gintama) as Gemini Saga
Toei Animation confirmed in February 2011 that production on a new computer-animated film of Saint Seiya had been green-lit. Keiichi Satou (Tiger & Bunny, Ashura), is helming the project, and Kurumada is credited as the original creator and chief production supervisor. (He also coined the film's title.) Tomohiro Suzuki, a scriptwriter for six episodes of Tiger & Bunny, is writing the screenplay.
The manga ran in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine from 1985 to 1990, and it has 34.4 million copies in print worldwide. The manga quickly inspired a 1986 television anime series that was popular not only in Japan, but also in France, Italy, other parts of Europe, Brazil, other parts of South and Central America, and Asia. The anime aired in more than 80 countries. It has been a decade since the last Saint Seiya film, 2004's Saint Seiya Tenkai-hen Jōsō ~Overture~.
Source: Comic Natalie