• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Usagi Drop/Bunny Drop's 1st Promotional Video Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
gerbilx wrote:
If you actually read it, it's handled surprisingly well, and if you think about it, brings a circular conclusion to the story. Think of Rin's mother, the care-taker.

Anyway, who knows if the anime will keep the same ending.

But you have to admit, spoiler[they could have also went the other way and kept the relationship between the two friendly and thinking of each as family members. ] I am not saying it's bad or anything, I just wonder why the author choose this route instead of something, let's say more traditional.

Your right though, the anime could be different than the manga, so there really is no telling just yet. Truthfully though, I am perplexed about the manga ending though. I am thinking there must be a message behind it or something like that maybe.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:16 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Oh dear God, I just double-checked that spoiler, and it's true, this series is now ruined for me. That... sucks. I've read the first three volumes and it was so great and... ugh, what was the writer thinking? I feel betrayed! Mad

hmm there is only going to be 12 episodes so i don't think they will go there, three volumes of manga alone can cover that many episodes man. I don't think they would push it due to the new law that was passed, i can not speak for the manga due in part that I have never read it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maaya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:38 am Reply with quote
luhead wrote:
Lost all interest in watching this after spoiler[finding out the manga ends with Daikichi and Rin getting married. *vomit*]

You're kidding Anime hyper Need to finish reading the manga o_O;;
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 am Reply with quote
I shouldn't have read the spoilers. >.>

Anyways! I'm pretty hyped up for this anime! I find it super ironic that they used the same song from the movie trailer. ^^
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quote
Miss Hachiko wrote:
I shouldn't have read the spoilers. >.>

Seconded. I read the first spoiler and was not pleased (both with the development it mentioned, as well as my foolish self for so casually peeking under the tag).

But I am still looking forward to the series. Lots of Anime emit controversial elements from the Manga they're based on, so there's no guarantee that we'll be stuck with that. And really, pretty much everything in the trailer is what I was already expecting. A.K.A., the show doesn't look like a Ecchi-Loli fanservice title but rather a touching drama with a side dish of cuteness.

Oh, and speaking of cuteness, the still pictures I've seen of the girl really didn't do her justice; I felt so Moe towards her when watching the trailer. God she is adorable, I just wanted to pick her up and squeeze her. I think this might be a good time to mention that I wouldn't do that in real life, I'm not one of "those" sorts of people.

Anyway, there are some fairly interesting-looking series coming out next season, but Usagi Drop is probably the one I'm anticipating the most. I wish it well, and I will be watching.
swienke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote
That spoiler has made this the first time that I've ever actively hoped for an anime original ending. Please, please, PLEASE don't end the series on something like that!

If I pretend that I never saw the spoiler, then I'll just say that the show actually looks promising: slice-of-life without the mindless fluff and pandering that accompanies most shows in the genre, as well as a more unusual subject than "cute-high-school-girls-do-cute-things." Just don't include the manga ending...
NonoAsumy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 am Reply with quote
After the initial denial faced with a fictional reality that lies both outside of our understanding and our approval,
we rage against the atrocity no the fictional crime NO the real crime that has been commited against fictional rules.
The anger fueled by our helplessness that is natural to every revolt against the unchangeable.
However we try to escape the powerlessness by childish bargaining.
We exclaim our unquestionable remarks:

"Buying this manga is what I won´t do!
Please!
I´ll become a better person if you make this untrue!"

But slowly -as the last pages go into print- our anger fades and so our tiny hope turns into depression in which we realize:
"Damn it. This is all true."
And our only way out is to accept.

We are forced to accept that Rin fell in love with Daikichi.
We are forced to accept that Dakichi apparently boned Rin, who he raised for 10 [expletive] years.

"Or are we?"

[/spoiler] The (relation)shipper asks on his boat [/spoiler]
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:50 am Reply with quote
All we're saying is, there better be fanservice! Evil or Very Mad
(If they're gonna change the anime....)

luhead wrote:
Lost all interest in watching this after spoiler[finding out the manga ends with Daikichi and Rin getting married. *vomit*]

It's Japan. Japan is unique. It's normal. Laughing

Remember the old times when everybody was waiting for little Punky Brewster to be boned by her "father?" Wink
reaslin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:24 am Reply with quote
I am not exactly thrilled about what I have now learned about the ending. However, this particular manga I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt, since the first three volumes have been great. I will simply have to see how it plays out.

After all, it is a Josei manga, and it has not been pandering to the lolicon crowd so far.
TG72

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:35 am Reply with quote
luhead: This is one time I'm grateful for a spoiler. I had planned to stop at the timeskip, but maybe won't even pick up vol 4 now.

12 episodes isn't far enough for Rin's teen storyline, so I might see how the anime goes...
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:08 am Reply with quote
TG72 wrote:
luhead: This is one time I'm grateful for a spoiler. I had planned to stop at the timeskip, but maybe won't even pick up vol 4 now.

12 episodes isn't far enough for Rin's teen storyline, so I might see how the anime goes...

i agree man, i don't think they would push it there. Besides most of the va's have been announced and that would be creepy even for some one like me..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
thaivuN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I think, with what happens with Rin and Kouki, it was getting obvious that an ending like that would happen lol. Rin never truly saw Daikichi as a dad either. Plus, her mom was into older men. I wasn't surprised to learn of this ending since the stars were pretty much aligned. ]
MarkJr92892

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Guys, don't talk about spoilers Confused . I had to skip over almost all of this discussion to not have my next josei anime ruined for me Neutral !

Though, really, why would you guys read something that someone said would spoil the show for you Confused ? You do know that, once a show has been spoiled for yourself, you may never regain the ability to fully enjoy it Sad . Be more thoughtful next time Neutral , there are not that many josei animes. (I only know of Eden of the East being a josei anime from 2009 and Psychic Detective Yakumo being a josei anime from 2010.)

You may have just missed out on 2011's lone josei anime Mad .
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote
^
Eh, it's a different situation here. It's the dramatic turn the series has taken. To everyone who was reading it, it was a cute little series that took a topic (adoptive child rearing) and portrayed it in a mature and serious light. We didn't want that turn. The fact that I now know the ending didn't ruin it; I would have hated it regardless of if I knew ahead of time or not.

Though I think that first spoiler post gets the award for "Single Post to Brutally Annihilate Everyone's Happy, Fluffy Feelings and Hopes."

(Also, I want an original ending now. Same applies for the drama.)

Last edited by RestLessone on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
reaslin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:

Though I think that first spoiler post gets the award for "Single Post to Brutally Annihilate Everyone's Happy, Fluffy Feelings and Hopes."

You do have a point there. Though I still keep the hope alive that somehow Unita has managed to do it in a way that won't ruin the enitirety.

Also, from what I have seen of the "teen Rin" story line, I suspect that the first four volumes can be read as a separate work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3