• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, April 28-May 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:

One things for certain though, when the KanColle anime comes out the sales will be through the roof!

Well that depends if the people in charge of marketing have a slightly-functional brain that will put in game tie-in bonuses.

If the anime were stand-alone, I doubt it'd sell all that much. Diomedea haven't had a decent seller since the first season of Ika Musume and the staff on board for the anime is not very impressive. However, If each volume came with, say, an exclusive ship of a popular character to be added to the consumer's in-game fleet, then I doubt they could print enough copies.

There is only one of each ship/character, so it would have to be new ships, which means they would be of unknown popularity. Furthermore, there is currently no way for the game to do something like that. However, there is a Vita game coming.... eventually. They could do something related to that.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
"What they said"

I don't care what some people said, I've witnessed how big KanColle is by the sheer numbers of artists doing fanart for it. Unless the show is just utter shit, it should sell pretty well.

And what i've been saying is that you can't be certain about it, last time i checked, something having a good chance of 'selling through the roof' does not mean it will.

Mekaku is also ridiculously popular, but its doing terrible in pre-orders. Kan-colle could have the same faith for all we know. It probably won't happen, but its not outside the realm of possibility.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2