• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Fall 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niello

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:32 am Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Too bad about Altair's adaptation... I agree that the anime is pretty lackluster, which is a shame since the source material is generally pretty interesting. Maybe it's just easier to read quickly and not think about, since I don't think the adaptation took any liberties with the material at all... /shrug.

You mean changing Mahmut's personality, butchering scenes, butchering logo, etc. are not taking liberty? The same director has already butchered other adaptations before. Rolling Eyes

Looking forward to Nick's review of Just Because! a lot, I was really impressed by the first episode.

Dies Irae and King's Game will be both fine entertainment.

Other than that, it should be fun seeing how Houseki no Kuni will do from week to week after the story starts to pick up. I'm glad that there aren't many manga readers around to spoil people about the direction the story will heads in, unlike Made in Abyss. So far I haven't seen anyone comes close to guessing the true nature of the show. While I don't think it's dark, it definitely has its own brand of melancholy. It's the kind of story that's alien enough that people are unlikely to predict how it will develop.

Last edited by Niello on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:44 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Awwwww YISSS, dies irae and king's game got in (surprised James Beckett didn't get that one), but I was really hoping for EVIL or LIVE to make it trough. Ah well
A man after my own heart! We tried for EoL did we not? However, three out of six isn't bad. Now we get to critique Chris' critique...
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:41 am Reply with quote
Niello wrote:
Other than that, it should be fun seeing how Houseki no Kuni will do from week to week after the story starts to pick up. I'm glad that there aren't many manga readers around to spoil people about the direction the story will heads in, unlike Made in Abyss. So far I haven't seen anyone comes close to guessing the true nature of the show. While I don't think it's dark, it definitely has its own brand of melancholy. It's the kind of story that's alien enough that people are unlikely to predict how it will develop.

Great! Sounds like my kind of show! Very Happy I’ll be looking forward to that for sure! I hope the CG can remain decent and hopefully even better as the anime progresses.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:50 am Reply with quote
Once again, I've missed voting, but I can overlook it since all the shows I'm watching have been covered.

Now, the real issue I have is I cannot rate the episodes in the Daily Streaming Reviews. Rating stars does not apprear even if I refreshed the page. It happened to me for a while and I can't figure out how to deal it. Can it be fixed?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4