• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: [New Life+] Young Again in Another World Anime Cast Resigns After Creator's Apology for Contro

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:24 am Reply with quote
@ Chocoreto ^The MC actually lived a full, satisfied life where he was a world renowned swordsman and blacksmith and one of his works was even made a national treasure. Just saying Wink. His memory was erased when he was revived tho.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:38 am Reply with quote
Chocoreto wrote:
And most important of all: It's downright BORING! It's been done a thousand times before! Just stop it! Just for the love of God write something else! Why the hell did this become a trend?

There are plenty of peoples who enjoy them so why should they stop them ? If you don't like them too bad for you but let's stop exaggerating, among the ~150-200 news animes every years, not even 5% are isekai harem. I won't deny that it became a repetitive genre for LN and recently most localized one were isekai but there will always be good and bad series it does not matter whether the genre is Isekai harem or another one, there are plenty of good Isekai harem. If we had to criticize every genre that have repeat the same pattern tons of time, none of them would be spared so let's stop criticize this one.
-SP-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:23 am Reply with quote
I highly doubt the Anime is going to get cancelled, maybe delayed but that's about it. They probably invested too much money for them to just scrap it. Voice actors can always be replaced. If you don't want to do it, someone else will.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:11 am Reply with quote
1937 the Nanjing Massacre takes place.The Imperial Japanese Army goes on a killing spree,estimates range from 200,000 to over 300,000 Chinese civilians were slaughtered.
During this rampage,two Japanese officers started a friendly contest to see who could kill more Chinese soldiers using a sword.Several Japanese newspapers latched onto the story and heavily promoted their tales of 'glory'.
These two "heroes" in reality were padding their kill count by murdering unarmed Chinese POWs. Both were tried and convicted for war crimes and executed in 1948.

The author's WN,which is offered right alongside the revised LN, quite clearly has it's hero killing Chinese with a sword during WWII.The author has a long history of making derogatory remarks towards the peoples of China and Korea.

And people on this site wonder where those Chinese people get off for being offended by this story.
People on this site wonder why the VAs chose to resign/quit this anime,as not to have their names attached to the project.

Hope this does cancel this anime,and the VAs resigning over this strikes a chord in Japan,whose entertainment industry recently somewhat glamorized the likes of Reinhard Heydrich.
Otaku Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:20 am Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
1937 the Nanjing Massacre takes place.The Imperial Japanese Army goes on a killing spree,estimates range from 200,000 to over 300,000 Chinese civilians were slaughtered.
During this rampage,two Japanese officers started a friendly contest to see who could kill more Chinese soldiers using a sword.Several Japanese newspapers latched onto the story and heavily promoted their tales of 'glory'.
These two "heroes" in reality were padding their kill count by murdering unarmed Chinese POWs. Both were tried and convicted for war crimes and executed in 1948.

The author's WN,which is offered right alongside the revised LN, quite clearly has it's hero killing Chinese with a sword during WWII.The author has a long history of making derogatory remarks towards the peoples of China and Korea.

And people on this site wonder where those Chinese people get off for being offended by this story.
People on this site wonder why the VAs chose to resign/quit this anime,as not to have their names attached to the project.

Hope this does cancel this anime,and the VAs resigning over this strikes a chord in Japan,whose entertainment industry recently somewhat glamorized the likes of Reinhard Heydrich.

Guess who this Anime is made for, not the Chinese that's for sure. Many people stated before that a specific war isn't mentioned, so don't jump to conclusions. The Anime is most likely still going to happen and I doubt this is actually going have an impact on the Anime industry. Also no-one called those two Japanese men "heroes." Looks like this really struck a cord.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:58 am Reply with quote
The only thing more disgusting than this guy’s racism is the people in this thread hastily defending it.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:41 am Reply with quote
people who care about social justice strike again.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:47 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Damn, this is the fastest I've ever seen people turn on an anime before. This is like Girlish Number on steroids.

Wait what happened with Girlish Number?

-
Also to the guy that says it's a problem with the anime industry that they don't check the source material first. What? For starters every entertainment industry sometimes jumps into things blindly, around the world. People are always so quick to blame Anime and Japan for things that are universal problems with entertainment industries, it seems racist at this point in all honesty. Additionally as people have said it's been a series with decent popularity for some years, so I think they probably had a good idea what the series was like, they might not have known the author's nature however. It's all speculation tho and people on here love to act like they have all the facts for some reason.
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:10 am Reply with quote
Its a good thing I didn't really care much for the novel, or I'd be really pissed at the studio and cast. It is a real shame that an author''s or director's personal/political opinions can negatively affect their works.
Rednimue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:13 am Reply with quote
First the Genghis Khan debacle and then this ?

It really takes nothing to blow things out of proportion nowadays ...

Putting aside the nationalism of the author and historical tensions between the nations, I hope that what happened with [New life +] anime adaptation doesn't set a dangerous precedent of anime thought policing from other nations, in particular from china given its clout on the industry as the biggest overseas market.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:39 am Reply with quote
Rednimue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:

Oh boy ... Rolling Eyes

Rednimue wrote:
First the Genghis Khan debacle and then this ?

It really takes nothing to blow things out of proportion nowadays ...

Putting aside the nationalism of the author and historical tensions between the nations, I hope that what happened with [New life +] anime adaptation doesn't set a dangerous precedent of anime thought policing from other nations, in particular from china given its clout on the industry as the biggest overseas market.

Mark my words ... Something like this will happen again in the future ...

Last edited by Rednimue on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:18 am Reply with quote
Otaku Sensei wrote:

Guess who this Anime is made for, not the Chinese that's for sure.

As has been pointed out, the modern anime industry is heavily dependent on international licensing, and China is a major source for that. So's the US, which is why the director of MMO Junkie is done.

Quote:
Many people stated before that a specific war isn't mentioned, so don't jump to conclusions.

If the text says the guy served in a war, there aren't a lot of possibilities.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:19 am Reply with quote
Not surprised it's been canceled. Terrible tweets by the author likely escalated something that could have been smoothed over otherwise. When are people ever going to learn about Twitter? If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.
ecchigas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:35 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:

As has been pointed out, the modern anime industry is heavily dependent on international licensing, and China is a major source for that. So's the US, which is why the director of MMO Junkie is done.

these incidents have taught me a lesson, to never rely on international companies
always buy directly from the source, japanese releases are truth
even though they are expensive, they have the best packaging and cover art
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4