• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I think the schedules look funny because this is the week we switch back to daylight savings time. The way it looked on my program guide one particular show looked like it got stretched to an hour long when its really only one of those 15 minute ones.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Delement

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Adult Swim has seriously messed up with thier kicking anime and moving the good stuff into weird timeslots that nobody feels like staying up, or waking up early enough for. Thier decisions will be thier ultimate downfall, bring the anime back! Code Geass is too good a show to be in the Death Slot that shows get put into....
braves

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Delement wrote:
Adult Swim has seriously messed up with thier kicking anime and moving the good stuff into weird timeslots that nobody feels like staying up, or waking up early enough for. Thier decisions will be thier ultimate downfall, bring the anime back! Code Geass is too good a show to be in the Death Slot that shows get put into....

I think we're pretty much over it by now. At least, I am....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cutewitch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Delement wrote:

unless there's some conspiracy with tivo or program providers with digital recording service~~anyhow, it SAVES tons of time when you fast fwd the ads!!!
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quote
And that would be why you should be watching it via the [as] Video online streams at any hour of the day you so desire. Razz
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
And that would be why you should be watching it via the [as] Video online streams at any hour of the day you so desire. Razz

Well thankfully I do have a DVR since its built into the receiver box that my Dish Network service came with. Online video streams are cool and all, but I guess since I'm a little old school that no stream on a computer monitor will ever be as good as watching on a TV set. But that's just me, I'm not saying its what everyone should do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I do agree that it is preferable to watch on TV, but sometimes, you have to take what you can get.
Delement

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote
cutewitch wrote:
Delement wrote:

unless there's some conspiracy with tivo or program providers with digital recording service~~anyhow, it SAVES tons of time when you fast fwd the ads!!!

im the poor anime fan, no DVR for me....I barely have the time to get online to watch, with college and work taking most of my time
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Delement wrote:

im the poor anime fan, no DVR for me....I barely have the time to get online to watch, with college and work taking most of my time

Why not just watch online at the same time you were watching CG before?
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I feel sooooooooo sorry for those of you who watched the fansubs of this, wow......... It was almost hard for me to believe it was even the last episode, especially considering it'll just pick up where it left off next week like any other episode. I don't know how long it's been since any other series has kept me on the edge of my seat like thist, I think FMA may very well have been the last one, and look how much I praise THAT one! Shocked Although I don't know, those last 5 or 6 or so episodes of Gundam Seed....... Anime hyper

In any case, looking forward to R2 now. I'm just a little worried though because I hear it tanks really badly, which if that's true then it's truly a darn shame because this series is too darn good for that to happen!
Delement

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Delement wrote:

Why not just watch online at the same time you were watching CG before?

i wasnt in school when i was watching it, and schedules change per semester for me...the point is, im unable to watch it as much...

END IT NOW!
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I find it hard to believe that you can't manage to fit 22 minutes of free time into your weekly schedule to watch each episode. It's not exactly a major sacrifice.
furizaa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Agreed, considering how there's 10,080 minutes in a week. I've been watching Code Geass dubbed online ever since school started for me, and I haven't had any problems watching it at all.

Just 2 more days till R2, can't wait! =o
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Delement

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
I find it hard to believe that you can't manage to fit 22 minutes of free time into your weekly schedule to watch each episode. It's not exactly a major sacrifice.

Mad Mad I KNOW I SAID END IT NOW!~ I MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad GET OFF OF MY CASE AND BACK TO CODE GEASS!!!

BTW R2 starts next Sunday woot-woot!
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Getting back to the topic at hand...

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a2505951d3e3a67011d530eb49000cf

R2 starts now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 38 of 60