• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Dandy Anime's 1st Episode Leaked Before TV Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fennekin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:
Some of the recent comments on the torrent:

>As someone who is a worker at Madman Entertainment, let me just say I am VERY upset at the anime community right now. Madman could be taking legal action against this uploader.

>I sincerely hope you guys get caught and taken action against you for this kind of bullshit. Madman will deal with this and I hope you guys get some punishment for good.

Oh damn, they're taking their dandy ecchi comedy seriously.

Just so you guys know, I looked into this, and a troll named TheGame400 made that "madman-ent" and lives in the United States.
So it's safe to assume Madman didn't create that account.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quote
This is so lame. People need to stop doing this crap. I don't care how you get it, making something illegally available on BitTorrent does not make you Robin Hood.

Hopefully the Toonami dub will still premiere as scheduled.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
sakugaboy wrote:

That's one of the reasons why some anime productions never make it into the second season.

Many anime productions do not rely on tv ratings, so they have nothing to do with them not getting a 2nd season.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Plus, there is a difference between knowingly doing something wrong (the thief), and making an honest mistake (not having perfect security measures), regardless of how stupid the latter still may be.

That's BS. Madmad has had several leaks for the past 3 months. There's being stupid, and then there's being downright incompetent.

My point is that Madman did not intentionally do any harm. Were they stupid and incompetent? Maybe. But the person who stole the file intentionally did something wrong. Madman was just incompetent. Whether it's just as bad or not is up for debate.
fire_

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:
It's been downloaded 2,231 times, with 144 seeders. It's definitely the full 24 minutes.

Madman took it off their servers but they have no control over torrent sites.

It should be mentioned that the leak has made its way to Japanese streaming sites too. None of the leaks from last season managed this so there is arguably more damage this time around.
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
The leaks are nothing more than publicity stunts to drum up attention to the series. I don't even know why they are news worthy anymore.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
tasogarenootome wrote:
Hopefully the Toonami dub will still premiere as scheduled.

I doubt leaks of episodes of a TV show on the internet would affect its broadcast run. It would probably take something far more severe than that for a sudden change in a TV broadcast schedule planned out months ago (not that I'm saying the leak itself isn't at all problematic).
unready

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Plus, there is a difference between knowingly doing something wrong (the thief), and making an honest mistake (not having perfect security measures), regardless of how stupid the latter still may be.

More to the point, there's a difference between forgetting to lock your front door and making it a policy never to lock your front door because you think no one else but you knows how to turn a doorknob.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's unfortunate. You'd think Madman would keep this stuff on offline servers until shortly before it's going to be made available.

Anyway, while I usually watch anime subbed and prefer it, I'll be watching the world television premier of this dubbed. I might check out the sub later on for comparison, but as long as I can remember to tune in, I'll be watching it premier "live" each week.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

That's BS. Madmad has had several leaks for the past 3 months. There's being stupid, and then there's being downright incompetent.

My point is that Madman did not intentionally do any harm. Were they stupid and incompetent? Maybe. But the person who stole the file intentionally did something wrong. Madman was just incompetent. Whether it's just as bad or not is up for debate.

Dude the person from madman is bragging about in the nyaa.se thread for crying out loud. It was intentional to say the least and before you ask why i'm on torrent site, yes I do torrent anime. However this is irrelevant to the case at hand. Also Daiz is going to have a field day with this one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EspressoTibbs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
Later today I think I might just break into my neighbors house and take his DVD collection. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not a thief or anything! It's just that he has a really bad home security system and always leaves his backdoor unlocked. If anything it's his fault for being so negligent. Honestly, I'm the good guy here!
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:38 am Reply with quote
^
A person can justify anything if they use a bad analogy like you just did.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:43 am Reply with quote
EspressoTibbs wrote:
Later today I think I might just break into my neighbors house and COPY his DVD collection.

I fixed it for you, you may thank me later.
Leebo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote
Hmm, no, that's still not quite right. Madman paid for the rights to stream it, not just watch it for personal use. In the analogy, just copying a guy's DVD collection doesn't affect his ability to continue to watch his own DVDs.

But either way, the point he was making was that it's just silly to say "I am justified in doing anything if you make yourself vulnerable."
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:36 am Reply with quote
Well this isn't good for the companies (and the fans intending to watch it the legal way) involved. The show has been hyped up as this huge worldwide premiere and now that's blown. Can't have nice things anymore.

I'll be watching Space Dandy in English on N. American television (this coming from a patron that primarily consumes English subtitled streams and then purchases unsubtitled JP BDs) so this will be exciting and new to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9