• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlaking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
its the FCC that have the final say.

Cartoon Network/[adult swim] is a cable channel and is not under the FCC's content rules and standards (only children's programming/ads rules apply). Broadcast channels (over-the-air) like Fox, NBC and PBS are under the FCC's content rules and standards.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Well its as i said, i am just repeating on what some VA and some of CN's suits like sam register said to me and others during those panels when we ask them that will the new toonami on AS will have anime that wont be edited and he said their will be edits in according to its standards and practices and the FCC. Sure they dont have any say to any cable companies opperations in some occassions , but they are the ones that approve their standards and practices as well as their licenses too to operate as a cable company. so its as i said, the only way AS will show anything uncensored is that they chance its S&P and the FCC approves it.

though its highly unlikely it will happen cause a lot of those parental advocates would go ballistic if AS ever do that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlphaWolf02

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
OH MY GOD!! THIS IS AWESOME!! THANK YOU TOONAMI AND FUNIMATION!!

MORE REASONS TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT!! [/b][/i]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9