• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Pop Team Epic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Couldn't ask for a better finale than the eldritch abomination produced during the orgy of Fate x Fantasia x Eva x Garo x Pipimi x Popuko.

Have I just not been paying attention or was that second half very different from the first half this time?

The endings were different and it seemed like they had different voice actors for the supporting characters in the main segment, along with some different lines between each half. But I think the biggest difference was two different(!) Bob Team Epic segments in each half.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:25 pm Reply with quote
The entire beginnings of each segment were different from each other. The first Epicrimson began with the creation of Popuchin Popsuke, and the second looked like a payback riff on gdgd men's party's dungeon crawling until they got to the Fanteva Epic Age part.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the beginnings were different. I was thinking of the beginning of the main segment.
Joa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
The entire beginnings of each segment were different from each other. The first Epicrimson began with the creation of Popuchin Popsuke, and the second looked like a payback riff on gdgd men's party's dungeon crawling until they got to the Fanteva Epic Age part.

It's actually the intro sequence to an old game called Death Crimson, which is infamous for being terrible. It looks exactly like the actual game.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow... This show... I'm both happy and sad that it's over; it's been an extraordinary experience one way or the other.

spoiler[I still think a more substantial Hoshiiro Girldrop episode/segment would have been hilarious, but that dirty season 2 "announcement" is good enough.]

Now to keep encouraging my friends to watch this show... I think this is where the most fun begins... Twisted Evil
Lyrai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:25 am Reply with quote
Part 2 the review review wrote:
Grade: B^U

Not once, but twice you got that in there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9