• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2007-02-09]

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Fox_Inside wrote:
You guys still consider me a "flake". I am no "Flake" becuase I can really do these moves. In fact I have already mastered the complete Rasengan unlike the fake Naruto. My girlfriend is sad becuase you guys have no hearts. I will one day become hokage and over rank the presidant. Then you will know fear. I will strike you down.

As a matter of fact I can beat the chidori and have mastered all elements. I can now summon frogs and am working on dogs. My girlfriend is helping to calm me. We will have a baby fox with wings. You will regret messing with me.

And "Zac" those bunnies will be no match to my frogs. Nothing will be safe from me. I am no "Flake" I am someone to be feared. Hokage position will be mine and children will bcome intune with their ninja powers. One day soon I will rule all. So await that day in fear.
That's nice dear. Now eat your greens like a good boy, and Ms. Jenkins here will give you something nice to help you be a better guneen. Your girlfriend can stay and play too, but only until it's bedtime. Wink

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaxy-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
...........wow. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

soooo.....Clamp, anyone? i'd have to say Clamp's art is the best. sry but there's just no contest.

BISHOUNEN GODLYNESS!! Anime hyper

[/img]
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Fox_Inside wrote:
And "Zac" those bunnies will be no match to my frogs. Nothing will be safe from me. I am no "Flake" I am someone to be feared.

Oh look, I was right that the flake would take the baby bunnies joke and incorporate it into the summoning jutsu somehow.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm, uh, leaning towards 'elaborate joke' with the Flake again...^^;

Okay, Fox_Inside....I'll respond assuming you're not joking.
If you know Naruto is fake, how come you think the hokage is real? And even if you were hokage...do you really think the President of the US would acknowledge you as a higher authority? You could try 'striking him down', I suppose, but you'd be heeeeavilly outnumbered by the secret service.

...Surely your sarcasm detection isn't broken enough to actually take Zac seriously on the bunnies, right?

One day you'll rule all? Have you been reading Death Note, too?

And, out of curiosity, how old are you?

I have a heart, I just...also like to think I have a brain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vikio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quote
ZOMG! Shocked Mr Flake himself answered! Sa-Weet! But why did he not leave his MySpace for us adoring fans? Anime catgrin Zac, are you getting all this? Fox_Inside is not giving up yet...(I know it's not right to encourage, but I reeeally wanna see the MySpace and stuff)

spoiler[But yeah, I know how a person talks when the've slipped into their personal fantasies, and Mr. Flake's writing is not nearly deluded and self-referential enough to be for real. I'm 90 percent sure it's a stunt.]
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:51 am Reply with quote
Vikio wrote:
But yeah, I know how a person talks when the've slipped into their personal fantasies, and Mr. Flake's writing is not nearly deluded and self-referential enough to be for real. I'm 90 percent sure it's a stunt.

On one hand, if it's a troll, then we'll be getting the "AHAHAHA YOU IDIOTS FELL FOR IT LOL", and that's kind of annoying. On the other hand, if the guy's serious, then I'd be a bit creeped out...

No worries. I'll use my byakugan to find me the truth! Flake-san, kakugo shite!
Vikio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quote
And this is why I say we need additional info to amuse oureslves ascertain the seriousness of Mr. Fox

Of course maybe frentymon's byakugan can overpower all of FoxFlake's spirit defenses or whatever...I hope you've been practicing your chakra control and hand seals, frentymon, or you will never best your formidable foe Wink ...(I'm stopping now, I promise) Embarassed
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quote
This has surely become "The legend of Hey Answerman" now. Prank or not, I think everyone who reads this column is going to remember this always.Anime hyper
Then, years from now, I'll be sitting around somewhere and say, "...remember the ninja-wannabee flake." And we'll all laugh again.
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:39 am Reply with quote
Dear Mr. Flake-san,

Please post video evidence of yourself doing the rasengan on youtube for our further investigation, er, amusement.

Thank you.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:46 am Reply with quote
At the risk of being laughed at and humiliated I'm gonna ask something, what is this "flake" thing about? I read previous pages of the thread and don't get it. Maybe it's because it's 2am and I've been up for almost 48 hours, or maybe I'm just dumb. Can someone elaborate?
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:48 am Reply with quote
Take a look at the previous Hey Answerman's Flake of the Week, then this week's Hey Answerman's Flake of the Week.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:58 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
At the risk of being laughed at and humiliated I'm gonna ask something, what is this "flake" thing about? I read previous pages of the thread and don't get it. Maybe it's because it's 2am and I've been up for almost 48 hours, or maybe I'm just dumb. Can someone elaborate?

A flake is a question so utterly retarted (often times with attrocious spelling and grammar) that it doesn't deserve a serious response, only mocking and for that purpose Zac showcases it to us to marvel at the stupidity the brought it to Zac's inbox.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:59 am Reply with quote
wow...

I really hope this guy isnt serious because if he is the saddest person ever. Even sadder than that Clown, you know the one I mean...

I dont know whats worse, that he actually believes this or that he's shocked when people make fun of him because he believes it.

At least if you believe something this stupid have the sense not to go around telling people.

On another note, The rant was interesting even though I dissagree. Actually, I submitted a rant of kinda the opposite arguement last week, too bad it didn't get printed. Crying or Very sad
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:16 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:

A flake is a question so utterly retarted (often times with attrocious spelling and grammar) that it doesn't deserve a serious response, only mocking and for that purpose Zac showcases it to us to marvel at the stupidity the brought it to Zac's inbox.

And I take it those wonderful quotes and rants wind up here in this thread huh?
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:

And I take it those wonderful quotes and rants wind up here in this thread huh?

No, in the actual column. Did you read it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11