• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Won a couple E-Bay auctions and got the following:

Photon the Idiot Adventures
Record of Lodoss War OAV
Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eri94

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Man you guys. I have around 300 blu-ray/dvd discs of just anime in my collection, and that's way more than anyone else I know. But now I feel kinda small.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
One measly anime purchase to report Laughing :
Kannagi Crazy Shrine Maidens Complete series DVD

Need a job Crying or Very sad .
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Eri94 wrote:
Man you guys. I have around 300 blu-ray/dvd discs of just anime in my collection, and that's way more than anyone else I know. But now I feel kinda small.

Still bigger than me, although given how cramped my shelves are these days that might be a good thing.

Anyway, got a TRSI order in a few days ago and now my manga collection for both Full Moon o Sagashite and Nausicaa are complete! Two series down, god knows how many to go....
Gatherum

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:10 am Reply with quote
Just ordered Sekirei Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack, Rurouni Kenshin: The Movie Limited Edition Blu-ray, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: The Laughing Man Blu-ray via TRSI. The last one, admittedly, is arbitrary for this particular order, since I would have preferred to order Clannad at this point in time (just watched the Doki release, and though it's not my favourite, it does deserve the high praise it and its successor get). It has been elevated to something of a priority for me. But such an order would have exceeded my budget by a few more dollars than I would have felt comfortable with, and I would have wanted The Laughing Man eventually anyway, since Ghost in the Shell fascinates me in all its adaptations.

The new Sekirei box will go quite comfortably with the Sekirei: Pure Engagement Limited Edition DVD/Blu-ray that I received from my last order, which also included the Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection Limited Edition Blu-ray. With that, I have all three of Aniplex's limited imports. Now I just need the series itself. Razz

Maybe next time.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:32 am Reply with quote
Just paid for my Popura Nendoroid($63.18). EMS for one figure is murder, but that's what I get for convincing myself they'd hold the thing for another month.
silencer226

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote
Just received Sakura Kyoko figma... it sucks, because the pose I want her in is impossible thanks to the spear being a flimsy piece of crap.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
NO! Don't say that! Mines in the mail (with Sayaka figma and nendo) and will be here in about two weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to do the pose I want, even though it's pretty intricate. What pose, exactly, were you going for?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
When it comes to backloged DVDs I have zero....my backlog is in the maga department. I have 103 volumes of unread manga lying around and rarely ever think to chip away at it. Anime smallmouth

Any DVD/BD bought, are watched within a few days of purchase.

Bought Okami San and Her Seven Companions
silencer226

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
NO! Don't say that! Mines in the mail (with Sayaka figma and nendo) and will be here in about two weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to do the pose I want, even though it's pretty intricate. What pose, exactly, were you going for?

I wanted the spear to wrap around her, I was thinking it would be sturdy enough to do that but I was wrong sadly. So, I decide to just take the spear in its complete form and have her diving towards the ground (...shelf) and put the adorable bundle of joy spoiler[(evil)] Kyubey sit on her arm.

Disappointed yes... yes I am. The weight of the spear (er... the pointy part) is too heavy for the chain to hold up properly...
Eri94

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:39 am Reply with quote
Someone please help me out. Is this too good to be true? Can you tell me If I'm going to regret this? I just bought this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221008200586?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It was only 25.5$ The next cheapest I've seen is 200$+

He is also selling an Alter Azusa-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220999246383

-for 36$. I've checked everything as much as I can and it all looks legit. But...

How can it be so cheap? Alter figures are expensive as fudge. Am I missing something? They even take refunds...I feel like I'm not that lucky.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:08 am Reply with quote
Well, hard to say. They could just be using stock photos, in which case you'll only know if it's a bootleg when you get it. Going by the photos provided, I'd say it's legit, but like I said, you'd have to see what the box looks like and what the figure looks like when you actually get it. For that price, I'd be instantly suspicious however. The fact that it's coming from China wouldn't exactly inspire me with confidence either. I guess whenever you get it, take some pictures of the actual product and then a better determination could be made. As it stands though, given how it's sold out everywhere, for that price I say you bought a bootleg.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:37 am Reply with quote
Low prices + China = 100% bootleg. Sorry. Hopefully, it'll at least look half-decent.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:44 am Reply with quote
Not always. I bought my ef - a tale of memories volume 1 LE from a seller in China on ebay for $20 (remember: JP release), and it's completely legit. It even had free shipping. Then again, he didn't use stock photos, so my initial hesitation faded quickly.

Do let us know the results, Eri94, since I'll probably be throwing some business that guys way after looking through the other stuff they're selling.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:50 am Reply with quote
Low prices for figures + China = 100% bootleg. Sorry. Hopefully, it'll at least look half-decent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 879 of 1401