• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood-C (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:33 pm Reply with quote
well final episodes done now and spoiler[looks to be potential for a second season with the unfinished story ending there, but only if the movie isn't supposed to conclude the story]

overall, i'd say i'd give it a 6/10 or 7/10, since it started so very slowly and didn't pick up for far too long, although i did like how they tried to keep everyone in the dark about what was actually happening until the 'finale ending' but they executed it very poorly, which is a shame because if more effort was put into the series' story plot and pacing and not all the gore (which was epic btw, shame so much was censored) then it could have been a great series, sadly though they didn't and it ended up sucking badly story-wise
also, i didn't find the series as confusing as some people seemed to, i was able to follow what was happening throughout, without a whole lot of trouble, so why did some people struggle?

as for the movie, i am assuming its an anime movie? so it would spoiler[continue and finish the storyline and bring it to a conclusion], althoughspoiler[ i dont know why they'd make such a underachieving series (besides obvious financial reasons) when they could have concluded the story in the series by putting in the movie material into the series and no waste everyone time with the first several episodes]

fyi: i don't make many posts on series threads, mostly news ones so i don't know if my spoilers are correct or unnecessary or not even there
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Liked the finale very much and liked the series overall with some reservations. I think the show lost an opportunity for an epic mind-eff by basically broadcasting in flaming red letters right off the bat, "ALL IS NOT AS IT SEEMS." If they had played things more naturalistically, then say in episode 6 they could have pulled the rug from underneath us and turned what we thought was "x" into "y." Instead, they constructed a situation where we knew something was going on 1,000,000 years before Saya did and had to wait impatiently for her to catch up. Oh well.

My favourite part of finale? spoiler[Twin Girl getting split like a wish bone - classic!]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad that they finally introduced a character with a sense of humor, even if it was spoiler[a mass-murdering monster that would be obliterated without any real resistance.]

Itsuki must have put a lot of points in constitution to be able to spoiler[deliver that dying speech after being perforated at short range like that.]
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
My favourite part of finale? spoiler[Twin Girl getting split like a wish bone - classic!]

that was pretty epic, all the gore was, without the great fight scenes and creative gore-iness i probably would have dropped this after 2/3 episodes, although stuff like spoiler[when Elder Bairn Tadayoshi's arms where cut off and it fell into the OTT spray trap it did kinda grate me, especially when they'd not done it for the most part in the series, just felt a little too cliche given how much better the rest was]
SoandSo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Welp...that show was one of the most amusingly terrible things I've seen in years. Oh Blood-C, you're my favorite comedy of the season.

The finale especially is like a perfect storm of retardation. Droning exposition that barely even alludes to anything that wasn't already obvious. Seriously, no big twists at the end, no surprise revelations, nothing. I especially love how they spoiler[brought all those characters back to life with convienient "magic talismans" just to infodump and immediately get killed again], which is when the true hilarity ensues.

It's almost funny how the ironic humor value, and all that's worth, is the only thing that saves this beautifully shot, horribly-written mess from having no merit whatsoever. If I ever gave even the tiniest ***k about any of these characters, any of the immediately obvious "conspiracy for conspiracy's sake" tripe going on under the hood, nearly everything that happens in this last episode would have come off as stupidly, pointlessly cruel, revolting and mean-spirited. But I didn't, and barring the movie turns out to be the animated Second Coming to make up for writing like this, never will, and thusly was too busy ROFLing at the ludicrous, emotionally-weightless gore almost beginning to end.

Sure, it's still stupidly, pointlessly cruel, revolting and mean-spirited, but it's all so bizarrely, on-its-face absurd, even for CLAMP, that taking it seriously enough to be offended is impossible. spoiler[Saya's dad hulking out into a super saiyan furry and that whole bit with the killer bunnies at the end] were comedy gold. Christ almighty. This finale is like the second coming of School Days, and it alone almost makes the whole insufferable, wispy slog worth it. That and the OST.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 pm Reply with quote
For me this has been one giant... waste of time. I kinda wish I'd decided to bail on this series like my sibling had back at episode 1. Oh well, at least I've learned a lesson: follow your instincts when they're screaming for you to stop watching something. Though I must admit spoiler[when the giant mutant bunnies (mokonas?) started devouring the towns people I laughed so hard.] BTW was the person who created these monster designs drunk when they made them? And did anyone else feel like they'd been trolled when they finished watching?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow. After reading all these post-mortem comments, I feel like watching the series just to get a laugh. It looks like it's one of those "So bad it's good" in a MST 3000 sort of way.

It's a shame, though. It would've been nice to see Saya done right -- the Saya from Blood: the Last Vampire, for example. Oh well. An opportunity missed, sounds like.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
what you expect it was made with clamp aka same person who did "abomination" series aka geass so yea got so WHAM TWISTED to much to watch.

hey originally i did plan not to see it till ep.11 take it all WHAMY TWISTED over 9000.

& yea good luck to anyone in new york, texas, california, or canada to whoever going to license & dub you're so going to need it.
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 am Reply with quote
I liked the finale though it took too long to get there. I really dislike the idea of needing to watch the movie to see the conclusion. If they hadn't pulled that crap we probably could have gotten to we were during the finale half way through. I didn't think this was a bad show on the whole, but it still dragged way too much. Not sure what I will rate it.

Quote:
It's a shame, though. It would've been nice to see Saya done right -- the Saya from Blood: the Last Vampire, for example. Oh well. An opportunity missed, sounds like.

Are you talking about the movie?
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote
So, you're all saying that they wasted that much time and the story is not even finished?

Wow, I am glad I dropped this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote
Eivion,

Yes, I was referring to the anime movie 'Blood: the Last Vampire.'
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote
What did you like about Saya from the movie?
SoandSo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
So, you're all saying that they wasted that much time and the story is not even finished?

Well, not quite. After ep 6 or so, it gets devilishly funny. Or just skip ahead to the finale. Yo won't learn much of anything you couldn't have already guessed, and really, if the phrase spoiler["Giant nightmarish gremlins that look like if Mokona boinked the cat from Chu Chu Rocket literally puree a giant sac of people"] doesn't sell you, nothing will.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote
SoandSo wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Well, not quite. After ep 6 or so, it gets devilishly funny. Or just skip ahead to the finale. Yo won't learn much of anything you couldn't have already guessed, and really, if the phrase spoiler["Giant nightmarish gremlins that look like if Mokona boinked the cat from Chu Chu Rocket literally puree a giant sac of people"] doesn't sell you, nothing will.

I love what's in that spoiler tag xD
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Too much, too late.

All in all, there were bits I enjoyed in the series, but the spoiler[giant rabbit mixer] was not one of them. I can't say it was a total waste of time, and the bloody ending was certainly more interesting than the 10 episode build up, and the conclusion as such was quite interesting, but, hm, I am not just a massive fan of gore. I will still see the film, I am quite curious what the future brings, hopefully not the longer portion of the same story Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12