• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lolipop1990

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I think it will be kind of boring if Vidal just want his revenge, there's much more for him I believe. And I sincerely hope that somehow he still has some parts left from Gaelio ver. To be honest after ep 10, Gaelio seems like the only one who is actually capable to do things properly in Seven Stars young generation (if not include McGillis).
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:55 am Reply with quote
No one said WHO built the Mobile Armors in the first place. I have a crazy theory that would keep the Gundams and Mobile Suits from having beam weaponry (as stated by the creators) and possibly explain why the Mobile Armors have it: Humans do not have the technology to create beam weaponry (which in all other Gundam shows is superior to conventional weapons) so the human made Gundams and Mobile Suits won't have it. The reason why the Mobile Armors have it is because they are actually extraterrestrial in origin (they may be some kind of tool for an advanced alien species to clear planets for their habitation, hence their kill all humans programming). Their self-replication and repairing abilities also seem out of scope with what humans can do too. My explanation as to why no more Mobile Armors have shown up if they are alien in origin: the aliens know their first wave was wiped out and decided to leave Earth alone (or they found another place to attack which didn't resist as much).

It's a pretty out there theory but as of now it does make some sense. I would be very surprised if this actually turns out to be the case but hopefully they do answer who created the Mobile Armors and started the Calamity War.
Souther

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I have a different theory about beam weaponry; beam technology simply fell out of favour due to Nanolaminate armour, which was most likely used as a countermeasure against Mobile Armours and their weapons and/or they're discouraged for their destructiveness and association with the past Wars. As for who created the Mobile Armours, I'd say it was probably a bunch of engineers who aimed to develop advanced unmanned weaponry, it went rogue and they developed the AV-system as a way to avoid the dangers of A.I and make sure humans remain the decision makers in piloting while augmenting human capabilities to greater levels.

Last edited by Souther on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:58 pm Reply with quote
The Mobile Armor combines a number of realistic fears, the beam weapon is to emote a fantastical version of nuclear arms, the machine itself represents what would happen of a truly unmanned drone came into fruition, and as it also represents the "bygone war era" where of course if humanity does not learn from history it is doomed to repeat mistakes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:30 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 11:

Sigh, Iok is like a joke now, a bad joke in this show. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy dies soon for his stupidity. The fact that he's even part of Gjallarhorn feels like a joke. Ride's lucky this episode to have survived. I almost thought he would of died. RIP collateral innocent lives.

McGillis and Gaelio's meeting has got me quite excited for the next episode
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
S2 Ep 13
I had already called it earlier in that Mika would be a husk if he keeps going full throttle, and the writing is setting up a path that while Mika is more than willing to make an ultimate sacrifice Orga has clear second thoughts that he would have to sacrifice the one person closest to him for the rest of Tekkedan.

Evidently being turned into a cyborg in advance of being eaten by a "demon machine" may hide the side effects of losing control of ones body.

Kudelia and Atra's conversation of not being able to remember who they were was a strong piece, the audience probably has a better idea as they were comparatively much more innocent young ladies and now they are being wrought through various trials are both much stronger individuals, yet Atra's plan of Kudelia having Mika's child before he inevitably becomes a husk through the continued fighting is one last glimmer of Atra's naïve self.
That said, Kudelia may have finally noticed the other side of Mikazuki in that he always has been a hardened warrior and that he simply lived to fight, destroy, and inevitably die on the battle field and Mika himself could never truly live in a world of peace.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 13:

Wow. Mika should really not overextend himself like that. He honestly got lucky this time around as he could of died even when using the Barbardos. Although I have to admit, watching him fight like that was very entertaining. Barbatos in the right hands really is a devastating weapon.

Orga and Naze's clash of ideals was pretty tense. I wonder how far that could extend throughout this season.

Atra's funny idea for Aina to "make babies" with Mika got me laughing. Her reaction was priceless as well LOL.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:25 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 14:

After a two week break, the show is back!

That was quite an interesting storytelling in regards to Naze and Amida. While this felt like a buildup episode, I can't help (and also hate) to say that it's probably a big death flag for Teiwaz.

Not sure who but someone from Teiwaz will most likely die....
I just hope it's not Lafter or even more likely, Amida.

In other news, Idiok continues to prove himself as an idiot in this show. Nothing surprises me about him anymore lol

The new OP song is alright I suppose. I personally liked the previous one though.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
Looks like we may need to prepare the tissues next week...... Anime cry
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:35 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
Looks like we may need to prepare the tissues next week...... Anime cry

Indeed Sad

Season 2, episode 15:

I'm really going to miss spoiler[Naze and Amida]. Can't say I'm too surprised though. There were quite a lot of death flags already.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm hating Iok more and more with each episode and really, really hope that they kill him off soon and with great prejudice!
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Iok is quickly making me hate him. He was just an incompetent yet honorable person before but now he's making himself look just incompetent and throws honor out the window once he gets fixated on getting back at Tekkadan.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:39 pm Reply with quote
What is impressive is that Iok is hated by the audience for all the right reasons. He attacked the Turbines base out of his own delusion of being unduly humiliated which Iok himself caused by trying to besmirch McGillis.

Iok is clearly in the irredeemably evil category with the latest actions and the audience is ready to ride it out until the justice is served.
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Time for Jasely to die. spoiler[I really hate how they killed off Lafter outside of her mobile suit but it does give Tekkadan and Akihiro justification for taking Jasely out]. This series probably has the most hate-able villains I've seen from a Gundam show in a good while. I also kind of hope that Azee gets in on the action as the spoiler[only named Turbines pilot left and so she can get revenge for Lafter (who seems to have been her closest friend)].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote
Well it's official.

Jasley has became one of my most hated characters in the show. I really hope he doesn't survive by the end of the show. The way thatspoiler[ Lafter was assassinated during one of her happy moments in these dark days sunk my heart. Ugh.]

I hope they get their revenge soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 13