• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Producer DeMarco Promoted to Cartoon Network VP

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:29 am Reply with quote
Interesting news, we'll just have to wait and see where it goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EricDent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:15 am Reply with quote
Sounds to me like he is in charge of advertising for the channels.
IE creating interest in what Cartoon Network & Adult Swim has to offer.

Which is something they seriously needed for a while now.
Their utter lack of advertising any new show (or premieres of new episodes of a show) has lost them many viewers.

I have said it before (on other boards) if it was not for the message boards telling about new episodes or new shows (like Durarara) I probably would have missed them.

If this does lead to an eventual Toonami re-launch (and adding several new anime shows to Adult Swim as well) that's good.

If it helps Cartoon Network as a whole, that's even better.
11G4GUNOT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Cartoon Network is currently at rock bottom with their worst lineup of shows they've ever had with HORRIBLE scheduling. Why do they keep removing shows from their schedule while they're on a seasonal break? Nick's got the right idea. However, if Cartoon Network adds Toonami back to the MAIN channel (NOT as a part of [adult swim], and I don't care if they show some non-anime), then I would CONSIDER giving them another chance. It's good to see that they have a new VP. Now, if only they could fire the bastard in charge! Very Happy

Let's end the current Cartoon Network President just like G4 television Network President.

EricDent wrote:
Sounds to me like he is in charge of advertising for the channels.
IE creating interest in what Cartoon Network & Adult Swim has to offer.

Which is something they seriously needed for a while now.
Their utter lack of advertising any new show (or premieres of new episodes of a show) has lost them many viewers.

I have said it before (on other boards) if it was not for the message boards telling about new episodes or new shows (like Durarara) I probably would have missed them.

If this does lead to an eventual Toonami re-launch (and adding several new anime shows to Adult Swim as well) that's good.

If it helps Cartoon Network as a whole, that's even better.

How about fixing the Network decay because whenever mentioning a network that acts like YTV and Teletoon also affects internationally. Ruin a good show to be on a low rating then add a TNT block (Hall of GAME awards) is like a perfect example of CNX in the UK 10 years ago then Toonami then Cartoon Network Too so be it. What's stopping another Cartoon Network when the other 27 Cartoon Networks and counting all over the world follow the United States bringing criticism anyway spoiler[not to mention changing into a major cable network that is on the Top 3 with Nick and Disney Channel.
]
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Cartoon Network is currently at rock bottom with their worst lineup of shows they've ever had with HORRIBLE scheduling.

>Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball
>Bad

I think you're mistaken here.

Now, Level Up and MAD suck, yes (though LU is so bad and cheesy it's almost funny), but CN isn't hurting for good shows.
nynextew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Cartoon Network is currently at rock bottom with their worst lineup of shows they've ever had with HORRIBLE scheduling.

>Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball
>Bad

I think you're mistaken here.

Now, Level Up and MAD suck, yes (though LU is so bad and cheesy it's almost funny), but CN isn't hurting for good shows.

I don't know if I 'd go as low as to say that Level Up sucks, it's just an aquired taste. It has some redeeming factors, like the fact that it's written with these guys: http://www.fortaxreasons.com/
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but I'm biased because it's Live-Action on Cartoon Network.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
This is the type of thing that is gonna keep CN on longer than any other kids network, not only are the shows they show now ( like Adventure Time and Regular show) amazing. But they brought back shows that we used to watch and put them on a Friday Night ( And no one shows decent shows on Friday's anymore so that's a good thing for us all) and now promoting the creator of Toonami! I would love to see Toonami come back, they could bring in the old shows and add in some new ones ( Keroro and Doreamon anybody? Very Happy) but if they don't bring back Toonami, at least we know that there will be a possibility that they might bring back Anime into Adult Swim if not CN it's self. All I know is that this wonderful to see.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the people who want Toonami back want to shackle and limit it to stuff that they already aired for nostalgia sake, rather than airing new stuff. Say what you want about CN's current stuff being awful, but at least it's new. Just airing reruns of shows is never a good idea marketing-wise or creative-wise. I personally hope we dont get the same old Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing, Tenchi crap we saw for years if this leads to anything
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Even if Toonami (or another similarly awesome new block) doesn't come back, we can always hope that [adult swim] may finally stop sucking so much.
Dask

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
Couple weeks after the promotion Toonami returns.. coincidence?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2