• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden's Main English Dubbing Cast Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R.G.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote
Doesn't Maile Flanagan sound too young to voice a 15 year old male?

They should go with my initial choice,Richard Cox (Inuyasha) for
Naruto.
ani12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:

Naruto.

Nah, she sounds fine as Naruto. I can't really imagine anyone else voicing him.
JediJaina

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
I cannot believe that it took so long for an official announcement. Even more surprising is people that didn't know this until now. I mean they already had a dub trailer back in January. Did people not get a clue then?

There were a lot not mentioned, but if you liked any of the rookie nine, they're all reprising their roles. Kyle Hebert, Yuri, Liam O'Brien, Derek Stephen Prince and others have already said last year they've reprised their roles for Shippuden.
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
While CN has indeed dramatically cut down on anime, I still think there is a chance that Shippuden might wind up there, but perhaps late this year or early next year. CN never makes a big deal about acquisitions, IMO...
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote
sanosuke32 wrote:
Why don't they just put the cast is returning Question Its funny that they don't put Yuri Lowenthal on there since Sasuke doesn't appear for so freakin' long. One of the reasons shonen pisses me off so much, yet I keep watching it, lol.

Err, spoiler[in the manga, yeah, it takes a long time, but in the anime he appears in the opening sequence of the first episode before they even roll the credits thanks to a quick leap forward in time.]

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:24 am Reply with quote
voice of naruto in the game
[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5O2jfi6vt8[url] [url] [/url]
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:30 am Reply with quote
As I said in the last news topic, I think Shippuden would work out well on CN Fridays. With Clone Wars on break until Season 2 starts in the fall and Ben 10 Alien Force having its season finale tonight, that leaves an hour of block open on Friday nights at least until the fall. Shippuden moves its characters to mid-teens same as Ben 10 Alien Force did, so it'd fit well with the "Slightly More Mature Than Your Usual PG Show" mood that CW and B10AF did well in. Surely they could air a 26-episode season of Shippuden at least until the Fall when other shows from CN's UpFront start appearing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:41 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Course, this doesn't matter worth a damn if it isn't picked up by a major US network with the same TV-PG stipulation it had on the CN.

I am sort of confused about what you are trying to say here.

Are you referring to the the dub, the rating system, the sales due to TV exposure? Which? Question And in any case how is this not worth a damn.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Conan-San Speaks the truth..... I still say all dubbing company's should team up and have the all Anime Channel on basic Cable. Like Japan has with the anime edited and Release a the Uncut DVD later. There will be better DVD Sales and Anime would get more popular. These are FACTS but no one like good Ideas so ill just keep hoping that someone will bring it up, then the higher ups would be like ''Oh **** why didn't we think of this before. Kid your getting promoted'' then the kid would be like ''Oh ****'' then when they announce this I'd be like ''Oh **** Finally no more of Cartoon network's ****''
SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN RECOMMEND THIS SO YOU CAN GET PROMOTED!!!!!

There's a very big difference between the simple and obvious censoring done on Japanese TV (which depends on station and time slot; and some go uncensored) and the editing done for US TV to get it down to perceived PG levels like Conan mentioned.

It would be unfortunate if you had to choose between a cut up dub or unedited sub.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
sanosuke32 wrote:
Why don't they just put the cast is returning Question Its funny that they don't put Yuri Lowenthal on there since Sasuke doesn't appear for so freakin' long. One of the reasons shonen pisses me off so much, yet I keep watching it, lol.

Err, spoiler[in the manga, yeah, it takes a long time, but in the anime he appears in the opening sequence of the first episode before they even roll the credits thanks to a quick leap forward in time.]

Emerje

Well, in Viz's first Shippuden trailer, the voice of Sasuke certainly sounds like Yuri Lowenthal (he only says "Naruto", but you can tell it's him), so I imagine they're planning to bring him back as well.

As for Sasuke not appearing, well, TBH his first focus arc was kinda the weakest part of Part 2 IMHO, but once they dealt with him with spoiler[Itachi/Madara/Killerbee], it got better. I say hurry up and bring on the Hidan/Kakuza arc, can't wait to own that one on DVD.
ultimafullmetal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this will end up on adultswim somehow?
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:

Naruto.

Naw, flanagan's voice has matured since the beginning of the show. It works well and is perfectly deep enough for Naruto at 15-16
MetatronM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Ranemoraken wrote:
R.G. wrote:

Naruto.

Naw, flanagan's voice has matured since the beginning of the show. It works well and is perfectly deep enough for Naruto at 15-16
If by matured you mean she now does every line AS IF HE'S YELLING LIKE THIS. ALL THE TIME. CONSTANTLY. NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF MOOD OR STATE OF MIND THE CHARACTER IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN then yes, she sure has matured a lot.

Maile Flanagan pretty much single-handedly ruins what is an otherwise excellent dub for a series of Naruto's type.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
If by matured you mean she now does every line AS IF HE'S YELLING LIKE THIS. ALL THE TIME. CONSTANTLY. NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF MOOD OR STATE OF MIND THE CHARACTER IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN then yes, she sure has matured a lot.

Maile Flanagan pretty much single-handedly ruins what is an otherwise excellent dub for a series of Naruto's type.

here we go Rolling Eyes
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote
ani12 wrote:
Well, I hope it manages to get on some TV channel, preferably Cartoon Network, again. (Yes, I know some of you people are going to b*tch about the censorship, but just so you all know, it could be much, much worse. )

Couldn't agree with you more, ani. Even if CN has had issues and is far from a "perfect" means to showcase some more graphic anime or scenes therein, it's certainly done a bang-up job over the years as far as I'm concerned. Very Happy

I hadn't considered the possibility that Shippuden might get a different cast, so I'm tremendously relieved to know that that isn't the case. Actually, if you look at the Encyclopedia entry for Shippuden, there're already quite a few people listed for the dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5