• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madhouse Head to Offer 1st Look at Marvel Anime at CCI

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Amibite wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
Well it's gotta be a hell of a lot better than Armored Adventures. God that show is all kinds of terrible.
I somehow doubt that. Western properties and Japanese execution have never really paid off. I doubt this is going to have the care and progressiveness that AA has.

The only care they took in AA was how to ride the coattails of a successful movie without having anything in common with it. AA is GARBAGE. Pure, unadulterated trash designed to sucker in kids that thought Robert Downey Jr's portrayal of a flawed billionaire finding a higher calling would find some reflection in a show about a stupid home schooled kid.

Besides, if Witchblade (even if they're not made by the same studio) showed us anything, it's that well done adaptations and homages to Western ideas can be done with heart and soul prevailing over cheap plots and the temptation to cash in on a license, decidedly unlike Armored Adventures.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2