• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX End in Shonen Jump USA

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:
The new title is a cuisine manga? Unusual choice...I'd have gone with one of their GN exclusive titles, like Gintama or Reborn, both of which have big anime audiences on Crunchyroll.

Unfortunately Toriko has nothing to do with cuisine. It's more of a One Piece meets Fist of the North Star. We only get 3 months of it anyway...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
angryrider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Nine months behind? Sure Viz has been really slow up the uptake, but do they have to go this far in order to catch up?
30 volumes of One Piece in 6 months. Oy.
Bell02

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I kind-a hope they stick in Bakuman for the magazine, for keeps. SJA is all battle manga, and as much as I love the series they have now, some variety would be greatly appreciated! (So if they added a sports/romance like Bakuman, and maybe a comedy like Sket Dance and maybe something else would really expose kids and the American audience to some wider jump properties!)
population_tire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Bell02 wrote:
I kind-a hope they stick in Bakuman for the magazine, for keeps. SJA is all battle manga, and as much as I love the series they have now, some variety would be greatly appreciated! (So if they added a sports/romance like Bakuman, and maybe a comedy like Sket Dance and maybe something else would really expose kids and the American audience to some wider jump properties!)

I"s, Pretty Face, Ichigo/Strawberry 100%...
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote
population: I'm just wondering why Viz has yet to publish the Majin Neko TPBs. I figured that one would actually make money for the company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2