• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bakuman. Manga's TV Anime Confirmed for Fall 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallen Wings

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I hated Death Note and I disliked this manga. It seems whatever they put out just doesn't sit well with me.

Bakuman had the potential to be a good manga. I read the first volume online and was pretty impressed .... then it dropped off and fell into the same shounen cliches and I dropped it. It got to the point where you should see the creators just filling in time.

There is only so much you can do about a few boys who want to publish manga. It is pretty much just like any shounen fighting series just instead of battles, you have manga drawing. Then the constant girl bashing boy, girl and her boobs, "I wanna be the best manga artist ever", arguments, making up, boobs again. Rinse and repeat.

But that is just me. From all the anime and manga I have seen, I only like about 10-20%.

But if they are going to make this into an anime they would have to try and get to the point for it to be any good. Eyeshield 21 pushed it when it did its anime and manga series with its length, so if that had issues, then I think this will.

(Though as I type this I bet they are already planning fillers. Who wants a beach party?)
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote
The manga has like 60+ chapters, given a year it will have over a 100.

If they use a chapter and a half per episode, they will be fine and not need fillers
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:31 am Reply with quote
I find it funny and pretty fitting that this is being run on the NHK Education channel. It really is a cross between educational manga and shounen. We'll see how it turns out as an anime.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Never bothered to read the manga, but the combo involved is enough to peak my interest.
The plot doesn't sound all that exciting but then again, neither did Death Note's and that went on to become a wordwide hit.

Pretty much the same deal with me. ONly skimmed some of the manga's first chapters, but it seems like it has enough potential.

One of my biggest concerns I hope this tag-team has fixed since DN is the unfortunate roles given to any female characters. Confused

Unlike DN, Bakuman has actually had some very well-written females; especially in the most recent storyline, which has revolved around three female characters in particular.

It started out looking like the main girl of the cast would be a boring typical "sweet childhood friend the hero has a crush on" type, but she soon faded into a background supporting role, in favor of a couple of more interesting girls. And when she came back into the spotlight, she was much tougher and more realistic.
mulrich

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:26 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, the authors won't fudge up Bakuman like they fucked up Death Note.

I haven't read much of Bakuman, but I know it has the world's greatest reaction face.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote
There has been some updates. J.C. Staff is animating it with Kenichi Kasai as the director. Well, that was pretty unexpected. Shocked
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote
J.C Staff is good it means there going to stick to the manga as best they can
Odd_shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I really enjoy Takeshi's art work, you really could see his growth along the series and it's taking leaps in the last couple of series from HnK to bakuman if you compare it to his old works like Ayatsuri Sakon, he's going all out and crazy in bakuman with styles, which is great, even though it's usually small things like all the different styles of the manga's the characters are creating in the story. He also did character design for Castlevania Judgement, although I don't like the game the characters did look good.
supersqueak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I just found out about this but I am so friggin excited. I read a couple of the first few chapters a while back and it wasn't really something that I wanted to commit myself to reading but something I would definitely watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2