• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Court: Upper Deck Liable for Counterfeit Yu Gi Oh! Cards

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prede

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:49 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
I just read through the entire motion. That's something I'd never recommend anyone do, and I sure didn't intend to read the whole thing but honestly, I recommend this one. It's just so brazen and cartoonishly incompetent, it's hilarious.

My favorite part is when Konami finds the counterfeits, seizes them, and sends a letter declaring the contract over... Upper Deck sends out a press release going, "Hey! We're still the official distributors!" and keeps right on selling 'em till Konami gets a court order.

Though the part where the Upper Deck guys see how janky the bootleg cards look that already went out and start screaming profanities at each other... that takes a close second. My god! These guys are also involved in like 7 other lawsuits right now, including with Aniplex. I'm gonna have to read 'em all!

http://www.iptrademarkattorney.com/reply-konami-undisputed-facts.pdf

I like how they fight over if Konami "hired" Upper Deck or "appointed" them LOL!! Thanks for pointing out how interesting this is. LOL...
0seveN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:53 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
My favorite part is when Konami finds the counterfeits, seizes them, and sends a letter declaring the contract over... Upper Deck sends out a press release going, "Hey! We're still the official distributors!" and keeps right on selling 'em till Konami gets a court order.

My favorite was 'On September 18, 2007, Skrajewski emailed Upper Deck’s Chairman, Richard McWilliam, seeking approval for a deal to provide cards to Vintage "at no charge." McWilliam wrote back immediately, "I cannot believe you sent me this email."'
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2