• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Simulcast Launched on Crunchyroll Today

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamanashi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:56 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:

Wait a minute, how did you see it in Romania? Is your location not current, or were you perhaps temporarily located in Finland for a half hour?

Proxy, or location isn't current.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote
YEAH! Support the industry! Or move to Japan, doiye.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
kamanashi wrote:
agila61 wrote:

Wait a minute, how did you see it in Romania? Is your location not current, or were you perhaps temporarily located in Finland for a half hour?

Proxy, or location isn't current.

Aha! I should have guessed. ... hey, wait, you answered and either/or question, "yes".

OK, not meaning to pry, just ... uh, prying.
mufurc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Funny thing though: I'm in Romania, so, I'm region blocked from watching Bleach on CR. Bleach is licensed in Romania...so why am I region blocked?

For the same reason why Hungary is blocked as well. Over here Animax owns Bleach and apparently Crunchyroll doesn't have a deal with them. Ah well, I don't watch Bleach so I don't really care.

By the way, I don't know about the general quality of DB's subs, but I saw a few Bleach episodes subbed by them (they were from the Bount filler arc) and about 60% of the subtitles? had nothing to do with what the characters were actually saying.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
Funny thing though: I'm in Romania, so, I'm region blocked from watching Bleach on CR. Bleach is licensed in Romania...so why am I region blocked?

For the same reason why Hungary is blocked as well. Over here Animax owns Bleach and apparently Crunchyroll doesn't have a deal with them.

Not permission, at any rate. That would account for Portugal, Spain, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, and Slovakia. The French dub might account for France, Belgium, and Switzerland.

Obviously CR will be working hard on getting as many of those European permissions as it can (it was able to get Naruto to essentially worldwide in three weeks after launch) ... having both Naruto and Bleach will be two tentpoles for their new anime simulcasts.

And just in time for an egregiously meh Summer, too! woo. hoo.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Aha! I should have guessed. ... hey, wait, you answered and either/or question, "yes".

The person who answered was not the person you asked the question of in the first place, that person being someone who confirmed right at the top of the thread that they were being blocked from viewing it which is what lead into the proxy discussion in the first place.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
agila61 wrote:

The person who answered was not the person you asked the question of in the first place, that person being someone who confirmed right at the top of the thread that they were being blocked from viewing it which is what lead into the proxy discussion in the first place.

Oh, sorry, lost track. someone else answered an either/or question with a "yes" on behalf of DmonHiro.

That's an odd thing to do. Maybe they did not understand "were you perhaps temporarily located in Finland for a half hour?" as referring to a proxy server, and thought they were adding new information?

Huh.
NExclusive

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Don't be a jerk, support legitimate streaming anime if you even remotely like the show. (And by support, I don't mean you have to go and pay CR for a subscription, if you can't afford it, just stop watching fansubs and wait for the free stream).

Oh, is me buying the english dvd version of the anime when it's released not enough support? Do me a favor and know 100% of the story before you result to name calling.

DmonHiro wrote:
NExclusive wrote:
Can't say I'm ecstatic, I was always a fan of DB subs... Sad

Switch to Element, I guarantee the translation is very good. Video is better then DB as well, don't be fooled by the fact that it's .avi.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Last edited by NExclusive on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
NExclusive

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:37 pm Reply with quote
kamanashi wrote:
I'm surprised there has only been one "CR is crap, I love DB more" post. I thought all the pirates would have been going crazy because they can't steal their Bleach episodes with Dattebayo's help anymore.

Just to clarify, it's a personal choice because it's what I'm use to, I'm not so ignorant as to say "CR stole it from DB", all I'm saying is I prefer DB because it's how I first started watching bleach, it's how I watched bleach from day 1, I don't really care what you or anyone else supports when I'm the one watching it. If you go back and read my first post it says: "I" was always a fan of DB subs...
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote
NExclusive wrote:
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Don't be a jerk, support legitimate streaming anime if you even remotely like the show. (And by support, I don't mean you have to go and pay CR for a subscription, if you can't afford it, just stop watching fansubs and wait for the free stream).

Oh, is me buying the english dvd version of the anime when it's released not enough support? Do me a favor and know 100% of the story before you result to name calling.

But if you buy the DVD's than what's the problem with supporting it through CR? It's the same translating. Same company.
NExclusive

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 am Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
NExclusive wrote:
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

But if you buy the DVD's than what's the problem with supporting it through CR? It's the same translating. Same company.

When I buy it I rewatch it in english, I usually watch english dvds on tv, Japanese subs on the computer..again, just a habit I'm use to and I'm curious as to how good the dub cast is.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:03 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

You know there's a better way. Telling people to stop fansubs and just watch the free streams instead isn't going to help the industry one bit either for most shows (with the exception of just a couple with massive volume). It certainly didn't help Big Windup for example. And CR--but more so the licensors on CR--definitely can't rely on free streaming either. Rather, I say: whatever you do, try to support the industry in some way. Those who download the fansubs, and who also buys legitimate goods and merchandise of the same franchise helps the industry orders of magnitude more than someone who simply stops fansubs and sticks with free streams, which literally earns them only a few cents (maybe a dime or so on the generous side) -- if everyone did that, things would go downhill rather quickly.

If you can support CR by becoming a member, great. If you would rather save the money and get the dvds that's fine too. Likewise if you would rather save that money and put it into buying a figure, artbook, cosplay prop, or other licensed merchandise (which also helps the rights holders of whatever franchise in question tremendously, something most unfortunately fail to realize). All this regardless of whether you download the fansubs or rips.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:42 am Reply with quote
kamanashi wrote:
Adult Swim isn't reliable enough to watch on there anymore.

AS doesn't have a choice. They have to wait for Viz Media to give them dubbed episodes to air. And I just saw a bump online yesterday that shows seasons 7-8 (I'm guessing that's episodes 168-214 or so) as airing this year. Also, as I just mentioned in another Bleach thread, there was a rumor going around that JYB was busy working on Saw VII, though I just checked and he's not credited on the imdb page, so who knows if that's true or not. Either way, they air them when they have them. If you have complaints, take them to Viz.

DmonHiro wrote:
...There is nothing wrong with CR's subtitles for Bleach episode 274....

If CR had done subtitles, you could say that. It's more accurate to say "There's nothing wrong with the subtitles on Bleach." They were done by Viz, as others have already stated, so they're the same quality as you'll find on the 100+ episodes already available from them on DVD.

I personally won't be watching Bleach on CR simply because I cannot support them. If it was any other site, I might, and I might even try watching them once Viz starts streaming the episodes themselves, but I won't support a site that went from completely illegal to unjustifiably legit. They should never have been allowed to make that transition. I'll just keep importing the Japanese manga releases, buying the US DVD/manga, and watching my raws.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:43 am Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:

I downloaded a CR rip to check out the translations.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:

I personally won't be watching Bleach on CR simply because I cannot support them. If it was any other site, I might, and I might even try watching them once Viz starts streaming the episodes themselves, but I won't support a site that went from completely illegal to unjustifiably legit. They should never have been allowed to make that transition. I'll just keep importing the Japanese manga releases, buying the US DVD/manga, and watching my raws.

Look, I know about CR's shady past more than anybody but not supporting the current one now because of that is honestly a flawed reasoning considering it does nothing but good for the industry. Just say "I don't want to support CR because I don't want to" and it'll sound much less selfish. Well, actually, no it won't, but at least it won't sound like you're just making up excuses.

When CR decides to say "Mwahahaha, we're keeping all the money suckers" then you'll have a point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3