• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hot Topic Launches Black Butler Merchandise

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:

I'm not a chauvinist. Men's shirts usually fit like crap on women, except maybe as a nightshirt.

That just means that shirt is too big for them, no matter the men's. Find smaller shirts or bigger women. Laughing

(I'm not being serious, BTW.)

2 things I've noticed in my dealings with my fellow females:

1) the girls who shop at Hot Topic are more than fine with wearing men's clothes, despite the fit issues- the shirt itself seems to be the more important of the two.

2) Men's shirts tend to run too small in the correct size range... no room 'round the top, if you follow me. (That's my trouble anyway- I have to get 'big enough to be a nightshirt' sizes half the time, just to have room to breathe.)
neocloud9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:13 am Reply with quote
I bought one yesterday (the very last XS my Hot Topic had!) and tried to shrink it in my dryer so it'd fit better... It did shrink a bit, but the decal faded a lot! Don't try this at home, kids. Sad
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:40 am Reply with quote
The only Hot Topic shirt that gives me slight problems is my Kingdom Hearts one, since the whole shirt fits right except for the sleeves, which leave very little to the imagination in terms of my arms (I mean, you can't see the pits thank god, but I'd prefer a little more coverage, I'm kind of shy about showing more skin than necessary in public). Edit: Though this is probably my fault, since I work at UPS I'm rather muscular in my upper arms compared to the rest of my body, so that might explain why this part of the shirt is off and the rest fits.

Black Butler is one I'm looking forward to whenever I get around to picking up the anime when it comes out or the manga, but T-shirts? It would be cool to have, but like that neat Vampire Knight shirt at FYE, I dunno if I would ever wear it in public except a con. I normally don't mind what people think of my clothes (all my T-shirts have anime/video game/cartoon/comic book/etc. stuff on them), but wearing a shirt with a bishonen guy(s) will probably get me the sort of stares that would actually make me feel awkward. Maybe if there were a few girls on there as well I would feel less weird about it.

(I'm a guy, just in case anyone wasn't sure)
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quote
I think Hot Topic has Yuuki (the female character from VK) but I don't know if she comes in the men's size. I'd love to have a Zero shirt of course! (Not surprise considering my avatar) Sadly, the FYE here went out of business. I wish there was a Hot Topic where I live. I know some people like to hate on it, but they have some cool stuff.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
I bought one yesterday (the very last XS my Hot Topic had!) and tried to shrink it in my dryer so it'd fit better... It did shrink a bit, but the decal faded a lot! Don't try this at home, kids. Sad

Ouch! That probably indicates some pretty cheap ink. I mean, how hot did you have this? Kiln-level?
sepherest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:13 am Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:
Why would they make this shirt only in men's sizes? Isn't Black Butler geared for girls? Sebastian seems like total fangirl fodder.

Don't be a chauvinist. Girls can fit men's sizes too. Cool

I'm not a chauvinist. Men's shirts usually fit like crap on women, except maybe as a nightshirt.

I believe the joke is that the men's shirts would better fit the figure of the majority of the women buying them. If you know what I mean.

As for the mentioning of the decal fading, I noticed this happens on Hot Topic shirts a lot, and it's not worth the price if you ask me.They're clothing is pretty infamous for being flimsy anyway.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 am Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:
Why would they make this shirt only in men's sizes? Isn't Black Butler geared for girls? Sebastian seems like total fangirl fodder.

I believe the joke is that the men's shirts would better fit the figure of the majority of the women buying them. If you know what I mean.

I didn't want to say it in so many words. Ah equality. Laughing
z7q2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:

No, it's more like your girlfriend thinks Black Butler is hot, buys it for you as a gift so she can see you wearing it, gets all hot and bothered seeing you wear it and takes you home and pounces you, then when you come back from the bathroom after getting cleaned up she's curled up contentedly sleeping and wearing it for a nightshirt.

Trust me, this is how it works.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote
z7q2 wrote:
Sepherest wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:

No, it's more like your girlfriend thinks Black Butler is hot, buys it for you as a gift so she can see you wearing it, gets all hot and bothered seeing you wear it and takes you home and pounces you, then when you come back from the bathroom after getting cleaned up she's curled up contentedly sleeping and wearing it for a nightshirt.

Trust me, this is how it works.

Ha ha! That requires a sort of leadership such ladies aren't known for. Laughing
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote
I really wasn't expecting Hot Topic to start selling Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji t-shirts. Being the fan that I am, the first thing thing that ran through my mind upon seeing this was "WANT". Laughing
neocloud9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:

Ouch! That probably indicates some pretty cheap ink. I mean, how hot did you have this? Kiln-level?

In hindsight, the tag did say "tumble dry." So it's not like I wasn't warned, but still... Crying or Very sad
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry, but a lot of high school girls I see around do wear guy's t-shirts. I know my nephew used to always buy his shirts a size too large so it's fit loose & there are gals that like that also.
Not to mention, going back to my own headbanger concert days, those guys T's do just fine stretching where they need to for a gal. I had no problem making my slave girl Kiss shirt look good.
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I'd say at least HALF of the people buying these shirts have never even watched/heard of Black Butler. Hot Topic customers tend to roll like that. Wink
pika-pon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Ewww, that's gross...
gorbal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I noted quite a few male Kuroshitsuji fans in my travels, they may be quieter than their female counterparts, but they are there. It's quite a good series that has merits beyond the fact that Sebastian is smexiness personified.

Small mens shirts should fit most women fine anyway; especially if they shrink a little.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3