• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Bleach Episodes Return to Adult Swim Tonight

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
If I was in charge of VIZ, or whoever it is that licenses the anime version, I wouldn't buy the fillers. It's a waste of money and most people don't like them. They're paying over 20,000 bucks per episode.
kenshin77

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote
If they are going to start at Episode 168, that means the will start with filler in the Captain Amagai Arc. New canon stuff won't start again until Episode 190 when they return to Hueco Mundo again. It will be a little interesting how this new Captain filler will turn out.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm Reply with quote
If I heard right on gamefaqs, they didn't even start dubbing until a couple months ago, with the rights tied up in Japan for most of the hiatus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Isn't that because it ripped off part of its storyline from one of the best long-running shonen anime? I saw more than one person comparing the Bount arc with major elements from the Three Kings saga.

Really? The Bount arc had major elements of the Three Kings saga in Yu Yu Hakusho? I know there were obviously Chapter Black Saga vibes out of the arc initially, but really, the Three Kings saga? Though the big three Shonen Jump titles going on and on for the past 9-10 years does kinda reflect the Three Kings of demon world, spoiler[with Bleach being like Raizen, waning over time], storywise.
braves

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quote
^ I got my arcs mixed up. My bad. Looking back at where I remember it being first brought up, it was the Chapter Black saga after all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
guet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the Bount arc is similar to Chapter Black from Yu Yu Hakusho.

The next filler arc is very much like the Benizakura arc from Gintama...
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote
In my opinion, the only good thing about this filler arc is the opening theme that goes with it, and the change to widescreen animation. It should look rather pretty on Cartoon Network HD, for those who have that.

But seriously, I'm about ready to give up watching the anime altogether after the last couple simulcast episodes. It was bad enough suffering through all the Hueco Mundo fights with their varying levels of censoring spoiler[(both fights involving Nnoitra, the fight against Haribel's fraccion, and the fight against Szayellaporro)] or horrible pacing and recap animation spoiler[(Rukia vs. Aaroniero)]. But after finally getting to the big fights against spoiler[the top Espada with the Visoreds] and then having both scenes when spoiler[Aizen attacks Haribel and Gin cuts Hiyori in half] get blacked out or downright censored, I just can't take it anymore... please, Viz, do a manga release spree and get Bleach caught up. I'm tired of being 14 or 15 volumes ahead in my Japanese collection of Bleach, and the anime just isn't doing it for me anymore.
Shirochan88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Finally! Of course we have to sit through relatively boring filler arc. And no more 2 episodes a week I guess. Crying or Very sad

Still waiting for Hueco Mundo arc to start again, and some of the awesome stuff that's been airing lately in Japan, or at least I hear. There's at least one interesting filler arc coming up later on. It's probably the only one.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:17 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
I don't get how that filler-infested anime can enjoy viewership.

What's wrong with enjoying filler episodes? It's the viewer choice what he/she decides to watch and to be frank, I am glad AS is still showing any anime, much less Bleach.

The fact there still is anime on television that isn't massively edited to the point it ruins the show, is good enough for me. Better something than nothing at all.
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it was Chapter Black, when I first saw the stuff with Ririn, Cloud and Nova, and the whole spoiler[ "it's a test set up by your mentor, to get you ready for the next villain, who we haven't even seen yet, but because it's a shonen anime we know there's one coming" ] made me say "Is Master Genkai behind this?" LOL
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
If I was in charge of VIZ, or whoever it is that licenses the anime version, I wouldn't buy the fillers. It's a waste of money and most people don't like them. They're paying over 20,000 bucks per episode.

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard yet...

braves wrote:
^ I got my arcs mixed up. My bad. Looking back at where I remember it being first brought up, it was the Chapter Black saga after all.

Ah, yeah, that one definitely makes more sense. Only that Chapter Black was a thousand times better...
RASCO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
the-antihero wrote:
I don't get how that filler-infested anime can enjoy viewership.

Hey, the Bount arc had some of the best filler episodes in any long-running shounen anime!

About time we got new episodes of Bleach! How long does it even take to dub them all?

Well, I'm assuming it doesn't take that long, but historically, when Adult Swim airs "Bleach", they air new episodes for several, several, SEVERAL consecutive months. My hunch in regards to why it took so dang long is because they probably prepared several dozen new episodes for airing. Which means, fellow Bleach addicts, that we won't have to be Bleach-less for a lonnnnnng time to come.

I mean, y'know, unless you watch fan-subs, but why the hell
would ya do that? ;P

exactely. why would anyone would wanna do that now it's returning tonight?

However they were running two new eps every single week from ep 53 all the way to 167. No one should be susprised with the long hiatus cause to dub a very long series with the same VA from ep 1 aint easy. Especially with some of those VA have other comitments to other anime projects (a.k.a Orihime and Toshiro's VA are also commited to Gundam Unicorn ),not to mentioned that most of them will also be doing double duty for Naruto Shippuden
( making an edited TV version & Uncut version ) since stuopolis studios are dubbing both of them.

At least new epsiodes are returning and Hopefully AS has learned it's lesson from this and not do a massive new eps flooding with out a short hiatus for new eps to be produced. At least their doing that with FMA.

Unfortunately some people might not care about the new epsiodes since this arc is a filler arc like with the bount arc (which I really really like) but at least the filler archs on bleach are good enough to watch unlike that massive 100+ filler flooding for the original naruto , so it's kinda saying something. and it might be even better than some of the previous cannon material for the series.

I have watched all the subs I dont know about this, I have watched all the airing episodes in dubbed but its cool to watch anyways, Ya and it is a filler witch can be annoying at times, soo its today its cool how some people actually waited for this time, It keeps me wondering why wait when you could watch the subs? Unless you dont like subs....But everyone likes subs. I guess im still excited although Bleach's subs airing is at ep. 285 and i already watched it. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
barrelroller

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if the Bount was the best filler ever... but considering it's currently the only filler in Bleach that fits with the storyline, I guess I'll give it that much credit. I also loved Jin, but he was the only character I liked, but I also liked some of abilities that a few of the bounts had.

This upcoming filler is what you can call an alternative story. It doesn't fit anywhere in the Bleach timeline, so dub only fans will probably be confused as all hell. To sum it up nicely, just pretend Aizen is gone for now but that everyone still has all of their new powers (Example: Ichigo's mask, Chad's "new" arm, etc).

This is far by the weakest filler of the three (or four if you want say the Beast Sword arc is it's own) that have currently happened. Thankfully, this arc is tad shorter at 21 episodes (one season) compared to the Bount's 45 episodes (two seasons).
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quote
HAHAHAHA did you guys see the bump just now?

"Yes it's another filler arc. At least it's not the Bounts."

I approve.
LunarianWarrior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote
ZakuAce wrote:
HAHAHAHA did you guys see the bump just now?

"Yes it's another filler arc. At least it's not the Bounts."

I approve.

Lol I just saw that! I laughed so hard.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3