• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Ghost in the Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:01 am Reply with quote
I want to play Catherine just because of the Japanese voice actors. Is that bad? But they just dub Atlus games over here with no Japanese VA track, I imagine... Sigh.

Dessa wrote:
Oh, and I'm assuming that the Catherine/Katherine is handled the same way in katakana that Suikoden's Sara/Sarah was. In Suikoden, it was actually セラ and サラ (don't remember which was which, though). So I'm assuming it'll be カセリン and カサリン (which sound ever-so-slightly different). Either that, or one'll be written in hiragana.

Nope. They're both キャサリン.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hoofbites

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 am Reply with quote
Hm, I'd never thought of the very first Goomba in that way before.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
I want to play Catherine just because of the Japanese voice actors. Is that bad? But they just dub Atlus games over here with no Japanese VA track, I imagine... Sigh.

We're not on the PS2 anymore, I'm sure they'll include both...right? I don't own any current gen Atlus games...
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:46 pm Reply with quote
^--The only Atlus PS3 game that I have is Cross Edge, and it includes both languages. So, based on my single data point, I'm going to assume that all Atlus games have the option to use Japanese dialogue.

Edit: Wait, on second thought, that might be a NISA game, so I don't have enough data points to draw a conclusion.
Que_Tal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:08 pm Reply with quote
i just hope that THE X BUTTON covers the new upcoming RUROUNI KENSHIN PSP fighting game that bandai is going to release.

it was about time we Kenshin fans are finally going to get what we have been waiting for, for sooooo long.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
I'm still surprised that Atlus USA hasn't announced anything about Catherine yet.
Count me in among those hoping for a double sided cover Smile
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:28 am Reply with quote
Atlus is in full swing now. I'm really curious to see this game. Considering the amount of mature content (that Atlus is known for) I hope that they leave this game intact and label it accordingly if a port is possible. If it gets good ratings here I'll recommend it to my job.

*It's a shame we never started collecting video games sooner. I could have recommended pretty much all Atlus, titles. They are definitely worth a look despite it's growing fanbase.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2