• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3 Threat Notes Found at Comiket's Kuroko's Basketball Area

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???????
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote
revolutionotaku wrote:
That's a good question. Why IS this happening?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Dumnerd wrote:
revolutionotaku wrote:
That's a good question. Why IS this happening?

Simple, most people are just not-so-nice-people who do not care to ruin the fun for others. They only care about themselves or their self interest at heart, in all honesty why are people so shocked by this??? I'll just let the cat below sum it for us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ScrambleBuster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
ajlordnikon wrote:
More importantly the question should be, why all the hubub over Kuroko's Basketball to begin with, and why bother fan circles over it?

This link should tell you if you don't know:

SereneChaos wrote:

This compilation of all of his posts from 2ch makes it seem like he's got more of a problem with BL fans than the manga itself

And yes, the translation is somewhat correct, but understandable. Even I can read in Japanese and it does make sense in the English translation. Though now, there is a rumor going around in the Japanese boards that this guy might be a 'good-looking guy' (an 'ikemen') doing all this.

On the topic of this: Ugh god... This is pissing me off to the point that I'm just tempted to make a parody doujin at the ridiculousness of this situation, post it on Pixiv, and see what happens. Of course, my better judgement says to NOT make the situation any worse than it is, so...
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:35 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
hmm i know a fitting punishment for this guy if they do catch him. Strap in the chair and force him to watch boku no sexual harassment. [...] I personally think that this would be a fitting punishment for him.
His posts on 2ch indicate he's avoided Slam Dunk doujinshi because of his personal against self-pleasuring to fanworks. I don't think it'd be quite the punishment you think it would be.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Found an interesting article about the Japanese justice system on the Beeb today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20810572

I'm not saying that the person doing this is trying to prove a point regarding Japanese Police and their judicial system; That kinda went out the door when envelopes filled with dangerous powder showed up. But it seems obvious to me that Japanese Police are largely ineffective, and it saddens me that people have to go to such extremes to make that obvious to everyone.

I still don't understand why the police haven't caught this person yet. I would think that setting up CCTV cameras in locations where the perpetrator would likely strike (ie. Comiket) and reviewing these tapes would be a great way to nab them.
lostrune

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Found an interesting article about the Japanese justice system on the Beeb today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20810572

I'm not saying that the person doing this is trying to prove a point regarding Japanese Police and their judicial system; That kinda went out the door when envelopes filled with dangerous powder showed up. But it seems obvious to me that Japanese Police are largely ineffective, and it saddens me that people have to go to such extremes to make that obvious to everyone.

I still don't understand why the police haven't caught this person yet. I would think that setting up CCTV cameras in locations where the perpetrator would likely strike (ie. Comiket) and reviewing these tapes would be a great way to nab them.

Not just Japanese police; American police are just as incompetent. Even moreso of you consider it's taken A-cops years to catch similar mail attacks. Laughing
Ringking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I dont think its very fair to point fingers at the police and claim that they are incompetent just because they haven't caught this guy, considering they dont have all that much to work with. All the physical evidence in the world is worthless if that evidence dosent form a trail back to the perpetrator.

Think about it. Assuming the perp is careful never to touch the envelopes and to make sure that none of his hair accidently gets stuck to the back of the stamp, the only information that can be gained from the evidence is an approximate location. It's not like they can assign an officer to camp every mailbox in the country and check what people are putting in them.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:38 am Reply with quote
Ringking wrote:
I don't think its very fair to point fingers at the police and claim that they are incompetent just because they haven't caught this guy, considering they don't have all that much to work with. All the physical evidence in the world is worthless if that evidence dosent form a trail back to the perpetrator.

Think about it. Assuming the perp is careful never to touch the envelopes and to make sure that none of his hair accidently gets stuck to the back of the stamp, the only information that can be gained from the evidence is an approximate location. It's not like they can assign an officer to camp every mailbox in the country and check what people are putting in them.

^

This is the real world we're talking about, not 24. Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
This is the real world we're talking about, not 24. Laughing

But ZoomHance is how crimes are solved! TV taught me that. Surely they'll catching him with zooming and enhancing.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote
It's sad the police haven't caught the person yet. This got me thinking what if it WAS the author all along? The series seems to be pretty popular with Fujoshi and a lot of male otaku and authors seem to have beef with them. So what if these threats are done by the author himself to keep Fujoshi from doing BL of his work?
Probably already been thought of already.
FinfoxAelia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:
It's sad the police haven't caught the person yet. This got me thinking what if it WAS the author all along? The series seems to be pretty popular with Fujoshi and a lot of male otaku and authors seem to have beef with them. So what if these threats are done by the author himself to keep Fujoshi from doing BL of his work?

I sorta doubt that it is the author. I guess it's kind of hard for me to imagine an author risking his work and reputation simply because there are some creepy fans that he doesn't care for.

Otaku on the other hand...
ScrambleBuster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 am Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:

Ummm... Fujimaki works in a WEEKLY manga magazine, which requires you to make a storyboard, get approval for it, then ink and tone the actual manuscript all within a week by the time Monday roles around for printed release. How the hell would he have time to get the substance, and make a threatening note to it? Not to mention, go on 2ch to post of all places?

Not only the police don't do anything here in Japan, I suspect that they just don't care and are not putting any effort because it's 'otaku-related.' And you know how otakus (and fujoshis too) are treated in Japan, even though it's become mainstream.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2