• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2013-01-08

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quote
As a fencer, this entertained me greatly. Though dude, Kevin, saber is the only weapon to go for if you want the true SHONEN SPIRIT weapon in fencing. It's so much more fast-paced.

Also yeah getting stabbed/slashed in the boob is always a thing, and if the girl couldn't keep her balance trying to hold her own against her opponent, that's on her.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:02 pm Reply with quote
For a brief period as an undergraduate, almost all of my campus acquaintances seemed to fence to some recreational degree. Bizarre it was; they seemed content to spend many an evening dressed as combatant apiarists, with little to show for it save nimbleness of foot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gridsleep

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Next time, try Kendo.
I actually met a guy with a fencing scar. In college. He's one of three sons of the Chief of Staff for the military of the King of Jordan. This was way back when at blah-deh-blah college in such-and-such. [Never reveal much about yourself in the Internet, kids.]
Randalt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Kevin used the Spiral Energy of Gurren Lagann!
“It’s super effective!” Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2