• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Adds Super Robot Wars OG Video, TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
CCharmanderK wrote:
And they're actually calling it Super Robot Wars as opposed to Super Robot Taisen?! YES!!

Bandai Visual's release was also called Super Robot Wars.

Only the games' title was changed to prevent confusion with [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Wars_(TV_series)]Robot Wars.[/url]

Anyways, I actually bought all of BV's releases at pre-order prices. Lots of my friends have laughed at me for this and they'll probably laugh even more now. But I bet Media Blaster's release won't look half as good as BV's and won't include the booklets. Plus I've had 5 years to enjoy the series so yeah.

All I'm hopin' is that they pick up The Inspector next.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
CCharmanderK wrote:
And they're actually calling it Super Robot Wars as opposed to Super Robot Taisen?! YES!!

Only the games' title was changed to prevent confusion with [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Wars_(TV_series)]Robot Wars.[/url]

Anyways, I actually bought all of BV's releases at pre-order prices. Lots of my friends have laughed at me for this and they'll probably laugh even more now. But I bet Media Blaster's release won't look half as good as BV's and won't include the booklets. Plus I've had 5 years to enjoy the series so yeah.

I checked out BVUSA's release of the OVA and it certainly looked nice but it sure wasn't 35 bucks worth of anime. I would pay something like 15 bucks for it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Pfft, I paid $40 - $50 for each. The whole 10 DVD set is worth around $500.

No one can say that I don't support the industry! Very Happy
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
CCharmanderK wrote:

I checked out BVUSA's release of the OVA and it certainly looked nice but it sure wasn't 35 bucks worth of anime. I would pay something like 15 bucks for it.
I didn't think that the OVA was worth much besides the song, but a dub could change that.

Media Blasters has a presence at cons and is still licensing & releasing titles, but remembering how many releases either died or were shipped to other companies gives me pause, as does the (I'm sure we all remember it) insistence of Michael Sinterniklaas that Media Blasters hasn't paid him for services rendered. Which is a shame as I prefer him over the average Bang/Zoom dub.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Still waiting for my Unified Wisdom anime, Obari!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, it took the death of a friend to get The Inspector made at all. Unless the anime's physical release sold really well I don't think we'll see more, sadly.
Guntank81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
So where do I sign up for some of the voice dubbing if any?
evilkorpse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
More Hentai titles please.............
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Well, it took the death of a friend to get The Inspector made at all. Unless the anime's physical release sold really well I don't think we'll see more, sadly.

Actually....

OG1= Nothing.
OG2= OG The Animation.

OGs/OGG= Divine Wars.

2nd OG/ OG 2nd = The Inspector.

I've actually heard that the Blu-Ray Box sold really well. I think it was on when of the episodes of Voice Spalog (Or was it the blog? Can't remember.)
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Correct the anime are linked to the sales of the games themselves. The anime are basically created to hype up the upcoming game and give the fans a preview of whats coming up (mainly these are costume related) .

So I assume when they make the next OG game they will make a Unified Wisdom tv series.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Levitz9 wrote:
As always, let me state my surprise that Media Blasters is still wiggling around after that whole bit where they weren't even a company anymore.

That joke doesn't really work, since MB did get NY state to acknowledge them as a company again not too long after that story came out.
Nitpick: the State of New York had revoked their corporation status and even that had a loophole for them to keep operating while they attempted to regain it.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:

Actually....

OG1= Nothing.
OG2= OG The Animation.

OGs/OGG= Divine Wars.

Actually, you're completely off. Divine Wars follows the OG1 story, while The Inspector follows the OG2 story. The OG OVA was originally an original story that took place after OG2's story, but then was adapted into part of the OG Gaiden game, which was took place after OG2. 2nd OG's story hasn't been animated yet, which isn't surprising considering it came out just a few months ago.

So, just to simplify it:
OG1=Divine Wars
OG2=The Inspector
OG Gaiden (only a small portion)=OG The Animation
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Lynx Amali wrote:

Actually....

OG1= Nothing.
OG2= OG The Animation.

OGs/OGG= Divine Wars.

Actually, you're completely off. Divine Wars follows the OG1 story, while The Inspector follows the OG2 story. The OG OVA was originally an original story that took place after OG2's story, but then was adapted into part of the OG Gaiden game, which was took place after OG2. 2nd OG's story hasn't been animated yet, which isn't surprising considering it came out just a few months ago.

So, just to simplify it:
OG1=Divine Wars
OG2=The Inspector
OG Gaiden (only a small portion)=OG The Animation

He was talking about what anime was made around the same time as the game.

Super Robot Wars The Animation was released at the same time as OG 2 for the GBA, Divine Wars was released around the time OGS was made, and The Inspectors ended with the announcement of 2nd OG.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Lord Geo wrote:
Levitz9 wrote:
As always, let me state my surprise that Media Blasters is still wiggling around after that whole bit where they weren't even a company anymore.

That joke doesn't really work, since MB did get NY state to acknowledge them as a company again not too long after that story came out.
Nitpick: the State of New York had revoked their corporation status and even that had a loophole for them to keep operating while they attempted to regain it.
You know, I had forgotten that brief moment when Media Blasters wasn't considered a corporation by the great state of New York and thus not, you know, evil and all.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:35 am Reply with quote
Wow this is great! I own the Bandai singles (both regions) for the OVA and Divine Wars but I will buy it again to show support. Maybe The Inspector will come next?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3