• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: High School DxD 2nd Season's Title, Additional Cast Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:00 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
martinic wrote:
Probably never too much nudity in it for Western standards.

I call BS on this seeing as how there's far worse titles released and in print here. Laughing

Anyhow, I'm looking rorward to the 2nd season, though the title of it is a bit stupid.

High School D X D New, rhymes with two, what are you going do?

No, stupid is adding an apostrophe or musical notes with you don't pronounce, so you just end up calling it the second season, [blank] 2 or the "new one" anyway.

Seeing how the first season had more of a situation than a plot, there are places for it to go. I liked the first season as a harem, as an actual harem rather than the usual implied kind so if they add a story, we're good.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:34 am Reply with quote
dude it took 2 plus years to get index out.

rather than funi I am surprised it took this long to get dxd season two out. I mean from what I know this is a major seller in Japan, and far worse titles have gotten sequels much earlier.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first season, but it was one of those shows that I left me "full" after one cours. Unless they find some way to make it fresh, it may join other one cours shows on my list like Is This A Zombie? and Dog Days as titles that had fun first seasons but then kinda went flat in the second.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I enjoyed the first season, but it was one of those shows that I left me "full" after one cours. Unless they find some way to make it fresh, it may join other one cours shows on my list like Is This A Zombie? and Dog Days as titles that had fun first seasons but then kinda went flat in the second.

you have not read the lns have you. the first few books aka the first season are pretty much just introduction/prologue type stuff, the series really picks up later; and zombie season 2 was at least as good as the first, dog days on the other hand was kinda meh, but it is getting season 3
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I Hope they show the full relationship that developed in the Manga ..not just more harem teasing. One of the things i LIKED about the manga was that the main couple really IS a couple and i hope we get to see that.

that being said, i am glad this got a second season, it is a solid show with good art, animation, characters and story. I am rooting for it and am happy to have it to look forward to.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
right, but doesn't that happen in volume 10? season 1 only got to the end of vol 2, and i dont think season 2 will even get that close
spoileralert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
right, but doesn't that happen in volume 10? season 1 only got to the end of vol 2, and i don't think season 2 will even get that close

Season 2 will probably end with the 2nd arc of the series(vol. 6, after ise uses juggernaut drive) with maybe 24 eps if they include short stories from vol 8.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2