• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mushibugyō (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

That was more fun than I was expecting it to be, since I could see this ep would be fan service heavy from the start. But I actually liked the water scene, especially Mitsuki's lament afterward. And Jinbee's heartfelt lecture. And his noticing that she was spoiler[wearing Oharu's kimono, but being unable to work out the significance of that, since it just didn't compute that nice-girl Mitsuki would kidnap her. As usual he just took her question at face value and answered accordingly: Yes, it looks very nice on you!] The boy just doesn't have a cynical bone in his body. I can't decide if he praises people more to their face or behind their back. Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Lol, so much fan service in this series but seems like the gears are rolling again and story will really pick up business based on the preview of episode 8.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Yes, things definitely picked up. I love how even when Jinbee is being cocky, it's still self-effacing. "Leave it to me! I will do everything in my power...not to get in your way!"
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
didn't think it was possible, but this show just got better. Some pretty cool fight scenes, and Kuroageha, A.K.A. the insect magistrate is pretty damn terrifying at full power
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
So, the end of episode 10. What did you think?

At first I thought it was spoiler[the obnoxious kid with the gun doing a substitution jutsu there], but the previews seem to indicate that it's really spoiler[Jinbee. It's cool if he gets some powers I guess, maybe, but that evil smile doesn't suit him at all,] so I dunno...
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quote
Ok, so the spoiler[Sanada clan are intelligent bugs]. that's interesting
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 So Jinbee's mom is spoiler[the moon? I guess that explains Tsukishima. I also couldn't help but flash on Sokka and Yue from Avatar. Smile]

It's pretty clear now that they're not just utilizing shonen tropes because they're lazy or it's expected, but to poke them in the eye. I got a kick out of Jinbee spoiler[killing the bug, and then running around the fallen corpse in time to handily catch Oharu, who should have hit the ground at the same time as the bug.]

So the Encyclopedia says 12 episodes, but there's one next week and it looks like they're just getting started on the Sanada storyline, so I take it we're getting 24-26? I hope so. I look forward to this every week.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quote
And here I was thinking that I was the only one watching this silly show Very Happy

Gina Szanboti wrote:
So the Encyclopedia says 12 episodes, but there's one next week and it looks like they're just getting started on the Sanada storyline, so I take it we're getting 24-26? I hope so. I look forward to this every week.

It says 26 episodes on wikipedia.
dan7el

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quote
Anyone else still watching this show? I'm finding it surprisingly entertaining. I have to admit the first season was rather dull, but I think it picked up after that.

I keep hoping to find out more about Jinbei's secret with each episode.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
I'm still watching it. And the thing about Jinbei's secret is that it is secret from Jinbei, too. Razz

I think it's a pretty amusing low-brow series. I like it.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote
still watching.
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote
I'm still watching it, but boy, it drags...it was a pretty amusing series at first, but now spoiler[fighting the insect man of the week] just bores me to death. Tsukishima is still pretty funny, though. He's almost like a shounen hero caricature, being over-enthusiastic, good-hearted, brave and dumb to the extreme...and i like everybody's weird hairtstyles, so i guess i'm gonna hold out till the end somehow. Laughing
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of hair, I just noticed how the Insect Magistrate's formal head gear looks like a praying mantis head and her hair down her back is like lacewings. Also, I keep expecting Mugai to turn his head and spoiler[decapitate the infiltrator] with his hair. Very Happy

Loved spoiler[Tenma's combining robot move. Now that's a bitchslap.]
dan7el

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Agreed. It's starting to really drag. I wonder if they 're just filling in with insectoid of the week for some big finale. I kind of wish they'd get a move on.

They have kind of developed each of the other characters a bit with each battle, though. Jinbei's immense stupidity is pretty awe inspiring, though.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I still watch this show but the series does feel like dragging a little. However, it seems to hit the core now that they are fighting the top elites of those insects. In particular, next episode will have the spoiler[boss fight judging by that preview] and I got a bad feeling about this....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4