• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Now and Then, Here and There DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:51 am Reply with quote
Well, I just finished watching this series. OMG! For me, the experience was a slow burn. By the end,though, I was emotionally spent. You can call it a classic, a masterpiece, or any other word that describes greatness.

The scenes with the young soldiers were very gripping. In one scene, the no-nonsense approach they had reminded me of the Vietnam movie "Platoon". I had to remind myself to breathe! Also the scene that Key referred to as one of the most tragic scenes in anime; I whole(broken)heartedly agree.

The music was perfect. Each piece fit perfectly with the mood & ambience. The closer keeps playing in my head. I place it with the likes of Shinkai's Voices and Place Promised.

This is truly a masterfull work. Definitely one of my favorite animes. Even as I type this, the show is STILL sinking in. It will be in my thoughts for some time to come. Thanks, Key, for making me aware of this work of art.
gareth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quote
You can find great deals, and the product is in great shape at Amazon.com and Ebay.com. Company wrapped and everything.
For as low as 9.95.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2