• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Seeks Convention Crew

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animedude35

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:28 am Reply with quote
ACDragonMaster wrote:
Woo, I qualify on all levels! More'n old enough, plenting of con-going experience (and some con-volunteering/staffing experience), have seen or am currently watching a most of Funi's titles, not to mention anime in general, and standing around for three hours is nothin'. ;p

Hm, though it says on the page that "we'll tak care of your badge", does that mean they're paying registration?

That means you get a vendor and/or industry badge, which is a free admission, and lets you go to places you normally wouldn't go as a regular con attendee (well it's almost the exact same anyways) but one of the perks is probably that you get to go into the dealers room before and after it closes (depends on the con) where only dealers and industry people get to shop without the tons of people hammering the sales tables. It's a good experience for those who want to to do this sort of thing.
Yoda117

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote
I figure that I'm in too. I've done enough panels and industry cons, and involved with anime since the late 70s to be of more than some use.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:52 am Reply with quote
ACDragonMaster wrote:
Hm, though it says on the page that "we'll tak care of your badge", does that mean they're paying registration?

Yeha, they pay reg, and they pick up your badge for you and give it to you so that you don't have to wait in reg line.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2