• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Acquires Eureka 7

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Tondog38 wrote:
Great, yet another mecha anime. Sad

Why didn't they use the money it took to license that show to make more Perfect Hair Forever and/or Stroker and Hoop? I really liked those shows and wish that they would make some more.

Probably because Stroker wasn't doing well in the ratings and the crew behind Perfect Hair Forever wern't interested in making more episodes.
Tondog38

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't Stroker and Hoop in the top 3 of Saturday night replays most of the time?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Why am I not surprised? I would have liked something else though. Hopefuly Noien will be licensed this year and will make its way to AS.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Tondog38 wrote:
Great, yet another mecha anime.

not that i'm sure it means much... but i despise this genre, and this is currently one of my favorite series. there's barely any emphasis on the mecha aspect at all actually.

and besides... how often do you see a surfing mecha? Wink

Advent_Nebula wrote:
Why am I not surprised? I would have liked something else though. Hopefuly Noien will be licensed this year and will make its way to AS.

even if it is, the earliest it will get here is mid 2007

Last edited by v1cious on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pleroma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quote
E7 is pure awsome, the story is really hard to pull away from and the romance is excedingly well done. Best of all is that you get the superb characterixation so typicsl of Bones, making even the slower episodes a joy to watch.
Starks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Goodie! I can preview the show beore I decide whether or not to get the DVDs. I've been hearing really good things about E7, but I've been let down by hype before (Texhnolyze and Last Exile, anyone?) Wink
camelot187757

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:36 pm Reply with quote
TranquilSlogan wrote:
This will be an excellent addition to the lineup which in my opinion has been faltering since that stupid stupid stupid show boondocks got on the air. Big props to AS.

The Boondocks is an excellent show that may not be as appropriate on saturdays as they are sundays but thats no reason to hate on a show. It damm sure is better than Scryed and hopefully this Eureka show can do well enough to fill in the FMA slot and not have anyone have seperation distrusction syndrome.

In any case this proves that AS has not completley forsaken thier anime (at least not like G4 has) so big ups for them. Now if only they can adequately advertise the damm thing so it doesn't get really bad ratings and then give them the nerve to complain about them (like they're doing with Yu Yu Hakusho right now). Pulling the ad doesn't tell well enough on them so if they show is even kind of average or less then stella its gonna be another major blow to the anime line up and then they may scrap it all together. I hope its a decent show or at least good enough to fill the fixes of FMA fans.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
This is great. I saw the first ep of Eureka 7 fansubbed and have been looking foward to seeing it get a proper release. I didn't expexct to see it on AS (or to hear it announced before the show even ended its Japanese TV run) but this is great. Glad to hear it.

Also: There will be more episodes of Perfect Hair, but not until the fall. Don't ask me why it takes so long to make more eps of a show with such incredibly simple animation. Stroker & Hoop's ratings have been quite good. Not steller, but good enough that they'll probably get another season. And finally, Boondocks is awesome and is exactly what AS has been looking for-a breakout hit that consistantly draws millions of viewers and which can't be seen anywhere else. It'll probably be on the block as long as Aaron McGruder wants to continue it.
ananda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote
YAY!!!
I watched the Trailer for "Eureka 7" a few weeks ago; before that, I didn't know anything about this Series. The Trailer looked quite interesting though so I am really looking forward on seeing it now! Very Happy
B33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Tondog38 wrote:
Great, yet another mecha anime. Sad

Why didn't they use the money it took to license that show to make more Perfect Hair Forever and/or Stroker and Hoop? I really liked those shows and wish that they would make some more.

AS is running low on new action shows and needs to supply their action fans too. Thats cool that they were able to get Eureka 7. Heard good things about it, but never really sat down and watched it.( Now they need to license Bleach... )
angieness

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I personally love The Boondocks, I went to middle school in the Louisville, KY ghetto so it was essentially a mix of big rednecks trying to be ghetto. So there's nothing I haven't seen already in the show that I didn't see growing up.

Anyway on topic I've been looking forward to seeing E7, I was pretty afraid of getting into it because of the whole mecha thing. Then again I loved Eva and loved Rahxephon even more and I don't like much other mecha. I also enjoyed Bones' other shows, just hope it doesn't have an ending that feels weird, they see to have issues making endings to their shows
Ucnslowdnce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Meh, another anime I'm not excited about making it onto AS. I'd prefer it if they would grab X and put it on AS, since it's a show that would really suit AS well and is much better than s-CRY-ed...and a lot of the other shows that have been shown on AS. And the ones that are really good need a long, overdue rest. *cough*Trigun,Bebop*cough*

The only addition I can say I'm happy with that's fairly recent is NGE. That was an excellent choice given the show's level of prestige. Same goes for Champloo, although that one's less recent addition-wise.

"What about FMA or SAC?" I'm not big on Full Metal Alchemist or SAC. I think FMA is a little overrated and SAC just doesn't do much of anything for me.

X is one of those shows that needs more attention. Now that NGE has a spot on national television, this one should be somewhere next in line, hopefully.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Ucnslowdnce wrote:
Meh, another anime I'm not excited about making it onto AS. I'd prefer it if they would grab X and put it on AS, since it's a show that would really suit AS well and is much better than s-CRY-ed...

X is done by CLAMP, and I think that's as good enough reason as any to not have it on Adult Swim.
Ucnslowdnce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but most people would probably disagree with that. That's not a good reason at all. They're an all girl group. So? I have seen my fair share of CLAMP stuff and it's not all geared towards one demograph. This is especially true in the case of X. I can't think of any good reasons as to why it wouldn't fit in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4