• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crashing Japan - On the Road for Golden Week

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daxomni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quote
prettygirl wrote:
You make an interesting point but I still think one does not have the right to criticize unless one has experienced life in Japan.

I think it's perfectly okay to criticize another country if you've done enough honest research to get an objective view of how conditions are there. However, I strongly perfer to criticize my own country at the moment.

prettygirl wrote:
Take something as simple as clothing. Some cultures do not wear clothes.

How do you know? Did you ever live there? Did you go around naked everywhere? Sounds like you're making it up. Nobody would ever live like that. Wink
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:

prettygirl wrote:
Take something as simple as clothing. Some cultures do not wear clothes.

How do you know? Did you ever live there? Did you go around naked everywhere? Sounds like you're making it up. Nobody would ever live like that. Wink

Okay what about in Africa there are tribes that only wear a hood over there junk and are totally naked. Also the women in some tribes are also mostly naked as well with a small cloth over there nethers. Now I suppose you could call that clothing ,but I sure don't see it that way. So yeah people in the world do live in the buff in some cases.
daxomni

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:37 am Reply with quote
Mugen,

The first comment was serious while the second was merely a joking tie-in. How can you tell? Well, for starters I used the internationally recognized smiley icon! You know, this > Wink < thing. Have a nice day. Smile Smile Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2