• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!! to Run on U.S. Adult Swim Network in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenpachi 91

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I love durarara!! but not a fan of the dub. I wish they were airing InuYasha: The Final Act instead, since the earlier episodes had a good dub.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
still waiting for the news of anime returning to Canadian television. but don't think it will ever happen Sad.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:19 pm Reply with quote
oh, yay. while I'm completely happy it's getting more publicity as I love the series, it's kind of heartbreaking to see something I've been trying to get my mom to watch because I knew she'd like it get on TV after she passed away...
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
KN_guro wrote:
ADULT SWIM WILL NO LONGER HAVE TERRIBLE ANIME! Seriously the only good anime they have had in the past like 4 years is FMA Brotherhood.

Code Geass/R2? Moribito? FLCL? Blood+? Death Note? What are you stupid? I'm not even gonna mention Bleach or Kekkaishi, because I'm sure you're a hater of those shows.

But, ok I guess you're right, those other shows I listed aren't "good" shows, they're Great shows!

Anyways, now that I've gotten correcting the troll out of the way, this is awesome news!!! I already watched the first 9 episodes of the dub on PSN, because they had a sale for $1 an ep a while back, and it was pretty good. I think I still prefer the sub better, and don't get me wrong, I love me some dubbed anime. I just thought the actors for the sub were better.

But, nonetheless, I will still definitely be watching this!!
Way to go AS/Aniplex USA!
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Quite interesting news..out of all the anime for Adult Swim to air they decided to pick Durarara..never thought I would see this happen.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Just when you thought it was cool to curse CN's name for shunning anime! Woo-hoo! Victory!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
well.....this is a surprise. i expected the final act to be adult swims third anime but guess not.

It can't be the "third anime" mentioned last year, IMO, because Durarara had barely finished airing when that statement was made. This is most likely a new pick up, though AS may claim this was the third anime due to how long it has been since that original statement (it's hard to tell just what in the world the "third anime" really was, though I still think IY:FA was probably what they were originally hinting at). BTW, picking up Durarara doesn't mean we still couldn't get IY:FA either. Last year they picked up two new ones and this might be one of two for this year. I just checked the online schedule over at AS (both front and backdoor) and they are still not going past the first weekend in June over there (well backdoor is up to June 11th) so what is actually happening in June isn't clear yet. Durarara isn't listed on either schedules but AS does have room for more anime with FLCL's run coming to a close (they also are airing GitS:SAC and Cowboy Bebop twice a rotation and they could always drop one or both of the second airings on those two shows).

Now my main question is just how much editing is Durarara going to get to get it on the air at AS? I haven't gotten around to watching Durarara yet but I seem to remember hearing it isn't quite as violent as Baccano! is but just how violent and how much will need to be cut is a question (and they'll cut for time no matter what because AS always does)
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Awful timeslot, awful ratings, little promotion, status quo after the first airing.

But hey, more anime airing on American television.

Clearly you haven't watched Adult Swim in the past year since that is no longer the case. Anime is finally doing well(and on a consistent basis), ratings-wise, and there has been lots of promotion for their anime shows. Even beyond their premiere date.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
And then they'll cancel it after episode 4, or continually change its timeslot so no one can remember when it's on.

Actually, anime has been treated very well for the past couple years.

Also, AS has shown all anime they picked up in their entirety. The ones that they didn't complete were long-running series. And that's because they did terrible in the ratings and AS didn't want to pick up new episodes.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. Cool. I'll have to check this out, since not only am I interested in the show, but want to check out more of the dub outside of the few clips Aniplex posted on YT before the first set was released.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news, now if AS would just start advertising and letting us know when it starts...
Gasero

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:48 pm Reply with quote
As much as I dislike what Adult Swim has become, I give them credit for their continued minimal support for anime.

They should seriously look up Panty & Stocking though.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Well damn.... Already got both DVD's and the last is on its way....

Still though i'm actually really happy about this. I would have been happier, had I known this alot sooner obviously but meh, I might still watch it on AS just to... say.. I did Confused .

Anyways, good news all around Smile

I personally think it's a great pick although, I do hope they intend on showing I:FA too. Still curious about all those other 'picks'.
RedTail

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I've been wanting to see this, but between it only being available on DVD (no Blu-ray) and Aniplex's retarded pricing scheme, I haven't bothered. Guess I'll give it a watch.
Mirri

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely interested in watching this when it airs on adult swim.

I am also absolutely interested in watching the fanbase destroy itself when DRRR! becomes "mainstream" by being on adult swim.

It's win-freakin-win, baby!

PS: If you are going to complain about the DVD pricing and say you're supporting the show by watching it on AS... you really aren't supporting it all that much by watching it on television. The DVDs are the money-makers for the companies, so if you want to be a "patron to the industry" as it is, buy them. And quit complaining about prices, [insert rant on how I paid $30 for Geneon singles and ENJOYED it].
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I'll watch this. Lucky for me I get both the East Coast Cartoon Network and the West Coast Cartoon Network. So, since it's probably taking Kekkaishi's 1:30 and 4:30 slots, I can catch it at either 4:30 or 7:30 over here in the Old Dominion (I'm usually awake between 5 and 6).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9