• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Senki Zesshō Symphogear Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
good news indeed but just one question, why the hell hasn't anyone licensed this series yet?

Considering how many songs there are in G, it may prove too expensive.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Uuuuuuggh.

This show was the perfect example of a show ruined by being /u/: THe TV Show.

Everything about it was perfect besides the gratuitous yuri. Dropped it near the end of the first season because of that. Hadn't it been for that this would easily have been one of my favorite anime of all time.

Yuri is wonderful, go home you're drunk.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote
Oh, hell yeah! One of my favorites. Pure fun, all the way. Lovable characters, awesome songs and bag guys you just love to watch go totally nuts. More Hibiki, more songs, MORE CHRIS!!!!!!
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Uuuuuuggh.

Everything about it was perfect besides the gratuitous yuri. Dropped it near the end of the first season because of that. Hadn't it been for that this would easily have been one of my favorite anime of all time.

We know you are terrified of lesbians, you don't have to keep repeating it.
Kaisos Erranon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Yes, anime is ruined by 4chan all the time. Why, just last year Girls und Panzer was ruined by excessive /k/-pandering.

Really though, as more anime become oriented towards or at least aware of female audiences, we'll start to see more /y/-pandering as well. Look forward to that, even as many backwards idiots complain endlessly about it.

In the meantime, if you hate lesbians so much, you might want to realize that the straight male audience these kinds of shows are marketed towards do enjoy lesbians (I know I do!), and that not everything is designed to pander to you specifically.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Sweet anther season maybe it will be Senki Zesshō Symphogear E
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
This makes me very, very happy. I'm drastically cutting my BD imports out of necessity but this is a sequel I'm going to have to try to find the money for. Oh, and a bunch more CDs.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote
ximpalullaorg wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
good news indeed but just one question, why the hell hasn't anyone licensed this series yet?

Considering how many songs there are in G, it may prove too expensive.

Ahh that would explain it then but what about just a simple streaming license on crunchy-roll?? Exposure of the series through legal means would really help this out in the long run IMO

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Kaisos Erranon wrote:

In the meantime, if you hate lesbians so much, you might want to realize that the straight male audience these kinds of shows are marketed towards do enjoy lesbians (I know I do!), and that not everything is designed to pander to you specifically.

I'm not even saying that.

Symphogear was an incredibly good and well-made show with amazing music, awesome/hot characters, and a good sense of action with a sort of minor flair from old-school mecha anime.

Which is why I am immensely pissed that they decided to pander to ONE specific fanbase with such intensity that anyone not in this fanbase had to drop the show. As of now I cannot see myself finishing even first season especially since G apparently goes EVEN further in its laser-aimed pandering.

spoiler[This show would have been a lot better if they had kept everything the same but genderswapped all the characters. That I would actually watch, plus it would actually be something NEW and interesting. Also making Otaku mad is always worth it. ]
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote:

I'm not even saying that.

Symphogear was an incredibly good and well-made show with amazing music, awesome/hot characters, and a good sense of action with a sort of minor flair from old-school mecha anime.

Which is why I am immensely pissed that they decided to pander to ONE specific fanbase with such intensity that anyone not in this fanbase had to drop the show. As of now I cannot see myself finishing even first season especially since G apparently goes EVEN further in its laser-aimed pandering.

spoiler[This show would have been a lot better if they had kept everything the same but genderswapped all the characters. That I would actually watch, plus it would actually be something NEW and interesting. ]

We get it already, BL pandering is okay, but yuri pandering is not. And every show has to pander to you. No need to repeat it a thousand times.

By the way, I didn't know the yuri fanbase was that big enough for 13.200 of them to buy S2V1 of the anime.

Last edited by Rederoin on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kaisos Erranon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Chagen, you're being ridiculous. Please stop.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I honestly didn't expect that Symphogear would have a 3rd season in development. Surprised Perhaps there will be new characters appearing by then?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I honestly didn't expect that Symphogear would have a 3rd season in development. Surprised Perhaps there will be new characters appearing by then?

Hopefully not many, the cast is getting rather large at this point and I'd rather they not have to shove existing characters into the background just to make room for the new ones.
midori kou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the 1st season, but I severely disliked the story direction of the 2nd season. I really didn't understood the purpose and actions of the new characters they brought in, and it became just too painful to watch. (I did finished that season though.) I'll still give season 3 a shot, but I might drop it if it doesn't work out too well with my tastes.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Didn't expect a third season, glad for those who are enjoying it.

Still annoyed with this show and not nearly ready to watch it. Dropped it like a brick the moment they bait-and-switch killed the only character I liked in the first episode and was coming to the show to check out, thanks to the trailer and magazine art, and then knew I probably made the right choice for myself when I learned they completely broke their own setup that they had used specifically to kill my favorite character and replace her directly with that comparatively awful bait-and-switch lead with some BS excuses when the other girl didn't die from the same move.

(But oh no Kanade wasn't as resilient since she forced the fusion BS, instead that would have made her a more interesting lead IMO)

Last edited by DangerMouse on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6