• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paradise Kiss Splash Site: Franz Ferdinand Music Licensed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bissrok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quote
The show just wouldn't have been the same without it.
icepick314

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
i haven't seen this show before...

not digging character design...

i think i'll wait till all the DVDs are released in a boxset...

never heard of Franz Ferdinand but probably was easier to license than Duran Duran...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
the_windcaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Alright! This is great news. I thought this was a great ending sequence, too, and certainly one of the rare ones that I never skipped over.

And Mr. Answerman, it looks like we have the REAL answer. (I asked a question about the chances of this song sticking around as the ending a few months back. I sure could've worded my question better, though.) I must say it made sense that Paradise Kiss very well probably wouldn't have gotten licensed with it, but Geneon pulled a fast one (and a good one) on us all.
bluepenguin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:50 am Reply with quote
I don't care one way or the other about the show, but I'm glad people won't be able to wank about it the way they do about Speed Grapher. Very Happy
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:

never heard of Franz Ferdinand

He's the Archduke whose assassination in Sarajevo in 1914 eventually cause the outbreak of World War I.

Oh, you mean the BAND...heh. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop They're a Scottish four-piece whose single "Take Me Out" was one of the biggest songs of 2004....you'd have to have been living under a rock to not hear it, although you might not know it from the title alone. The song in Paradise Kiss is the first single off their new record, which came out in October of last year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:45 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
i haven't seen this show before...

not digging character design...

i think i'll wait till all the DVDs are released in a boxset...

never heard of Franz Ferdinand but probably was easier to license than Duran Duran...

But, Franz Ferdinand is also referenced in one of the episodes I heard. So, it may not have been all that easy. Besides, they also had to deal with Tommy feb6 regarding this title. Losing the OP animation would have been a tragedy too.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:37 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:

Odd. Especially since if you ask anyone today under 25 of they've heard of Duran Duran, and they'll probably give you a blank stare. Ask them about Franz Ferdinand and they're more than likely to of heard of them. They're big, and with music copyrights, something old like Duran Duran is a lot easier to get the rights to then something that just came out in the last previous years like Franz Ferdinand.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2