• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Hunting Site Unveils New Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
Is this it for the 707? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTprbqcq5M
Or is there more to it? And, if not, I've no idea what a last frame would add to it all.

No there's more. I'll just tell you it's not really a spoiler. After frame 707 ends, the video stops and zooms out revealing the frame lying on a real life school desk. Then the camera pans around an uninhibited real life school showing curtains and the school sound speaker. Then seconds later the camera comes back to the desk and the 707 frame starts playing a clip of earth zooming out until only the Milky Way is left. This becomes the new frame 708. Oh yeah and you hear Yuki say Kore de kansei. Basically the hunt is completed. Pretty mysterious. Rumor in Japan is there are 70 more secret frames.

That teaser is so mysterious, I have to agree with some people here that this is wayy too much work for a game. Hoping its a new movie, or season or OVA's or anything Rolling Eyes
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Looks more liike an elaborate wind-up to me.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Jajanken wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
Is this it for the 707? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTprbqcq5M
Or is there more to it? And, if not, I've no idea what a last frame would add to it all.

No there's more. I'll just tell you it's not really a spoiler. After frame 707 ends, the video stops and zooms out revealing the frame lying on a real life school desk. Then the camera pans around an uninhibited real life school showing curtains and the school sound speaker. Then seconds later the camera comes back to the desk and the 707 frame starts playing a clip of earth zooming out until only the Milky Way is left. This becomes the new frame 708. Oh yeah and you hear Yuki say Kore de kansei. Basically the hunt is completed. Pretty mysterious. Rumor in Japan is there are 70 more secret frames.

That teaser is so mysterious, I have to agree with some people here that this is wayy too much work for a game. Hoping its a new movie, or season or OVA's or anything Rolling Eyes

Tell me about it. I'm loosing sleep just watching for an announcement.
lunaitc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
There's one side of this that everyone seems to be forgetting. Remember back in 2009, when the hype was starting to build. When everyone and their dog was sure Kadokawa and Kyoani were working on Season 2, and at long last the announcement came...

The Churuya and Haruhi-chan gag manga will be adapted into web anime, and the original series will be rebroadcast.

We're not even up to the actual disappointing announcement yet, just the ARG to get the disappointing announcement which will lead into the one we're all hoping for.

You know, if they actually announce it and don't just preempt the already announced post-Disappearance Yuki series one week. Because that's basically how we got Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

TL;DR, we all know it's coming, and we still won't see it coming when it hits.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
lunaitc wrote:
There's one side of this that everyone seems to be forgetting. Remember back in 2009, when the hype was starting to build. When everyone and their dog was sure Kadokawa and Kyoani were working on Season 2, and at long last the announcement came...

The Churuya and Haruhi-chan gag manga will be adapted into web anime, and the original series will be rebroadcast.

We're not even up to the actual disappointing announcement yet, just the ARG to get the disappointing announcement which will lead into the one we're all hoping for.

You know, if they actually announce it and don't just preempt the already announced post-Disappearance Yuki series one week. Because that's basically how we got Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

TL;DR, we all know it's coming, and we still won't see it coming when it hits.

There WILL be a new project wether it a movie or season. You'll see
lunaitc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:

There WILL be a new project wether it a movie or season. You'll see

That's exactly what I said.We're just too early in their little troll game to get the announcement we all know is coming at the end of it any time soon.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:05 am Reply with quote
Given that they've already announce The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, I'd imagine the announcement of more Haruhi would be related to when they air it.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:59 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I too believer that if a Haruhi anime project were to come, it wouldn't be until Nagato's anime is either airing or finished up.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
What we need also, is a clean version of these 707 frames. What with the weird camera angles, and the flash lens flares on the animation frames.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote
wohdin wrote:
Does Kyoani not realize that if this is not leading up to an eventual Haruhi anime revival (preferably a full-on continuation, because we don't need to have that Endless Eight bullshit made again), they're going to make A LOT of people extremely pissed?

Surely they're not that out of touch with reality, right?

Maybe if they where the ones who where actually in charge of deciding whether or not haruhi gets another season. But they aren't, haruhi does not belong to them.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
That doesn't really change much; it's a rather odd thing to be doing if you don't know for certain you'll be doing more.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
That doesn't really change much; it's a rather odd thing to be doing if you don't know for certain you'll be doing more.

Not that odd at all, if they were paid to do it by the Pachinko company to drum up interest in their new Haruhi themed pachinko machines.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2