• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Heroic Legend of Arslan Manga Gets Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Cool although I kinda expected it. Hoping a good studio will adapt this faithfully. Maybe Bones?

You're asking for a good studio, not an automatic non-seller. Bones hasn't made a hit in years.

Sad but true. Everything Bones touches seems to be a commercial flop in Japan.

It's a shame too since they have had quite a few good shows lately. I could definitely see them doing this one though. It's Arakawa who made the manga of their best selling show, and its fantasy which is a genre that they do quite well.

Also I would prefer an adaptation of the novels as well. Simply because it would tell more of the story.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
The manga is pretty cool and original author made LOGH. The bones comments make sense too. That studio needs to reexamine themselves.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
lol I knew it.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
What's that? Seiji Mizushima directing and Shou Aikawa writing?

Brilliant!

(Seriously, though, Arakawa adaptation aside, I hope this turns out better than the last anime that adapted Tanaka's novels... Tytania.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Unclaimed Pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quote
About time! Remember reading the first chapter and thought that I would instead wait until the anime has been released. I think the series is better fit with animation.
kushiel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
What's that? Seiji Mizushima directing and Shou Aikawa writing?

Brilliant!

(Seriously, though, Arakawa adaptation aside, I hope this turns out better than the last anime that adapted Tanaka's novels... Tytania.)

I still want a second Tytania season! I read a summary of some of the later events, and Ariabart and Jouslain are my favourites, so I really want more.

As for the Arislan announcement, I wish it wasn't in Arakawa's style. I'll just hang around and hope an English fandom comes out of it. It's not that I don't like her art, it's that it's very unique, and not pretty, in the way the original OVA was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
xyz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I prefer that they release the blu-ray version of the original anime. Heck, I love Arslan but this art for Arslan I can't deal.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
kushiel wrote:
As for the Arislan announcement, I wish it wasn't in Arakawa's style. I'll just hang around and hope an English fandom comes out of it. It's not that I don't like her art, it's that it's very unique, and not pretty, in the way the original OVA was.

xyz wrote:
I prefer that they release the blu-ray version of the original anime. Heck, I love Arslan but this art for Arslan I can't deal.

It's great that Arslan getting another anime adaptation , but that art style.....Arakawa's art is okay, but it's a little too plain for a series like this.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quote
There we go Smile I was hoping this would be the announcement. Smile

Dian Z wrote:
I read some early pages and ended up flipping through the pages, it reminded me a lot, of my disappointment in her Hero Tales.
So I'll likely skip the anime adaptation.

Is it even popular there in Japan?

In terms or character designs or the story? Arakawa just did the art for Hero Tales.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:54 am Reply with quote
kushiel wrote:

I still want a second Tytania season! I read a summary of some of the later events, and Ariabart and Jouslain are my favourites, so I really want more.

How far did that show get? I watched up till the point where Hyurick's group spoiler[assassinated the pervy noble en route to Uranibolg], which is where the first book leaves off.

Book 2 ends where spoiler[clever use of the environment is made during an underground shootout, allowing Hyurick to kill Zarlische].

Book 3 ends where spoiler[Jusran and Aliabart have joined forces and declared war on Idris.]

After which followed the 23-year wait for book 4, which is presently in my stack but unread. Maybe they adapted the first two only? That would make sense, since the third is mostly setup for something we don't get to.

Tanaka is bad about starting more series than he can finish, but he's not the worst. I just started reading a book by Yumemakura Baku, and in the foreword he confesses that he's 57, has 14 series in various states of completion, and thinks it's about time to start wrapping them up. Live long and prosper, Mr. Yumemakura!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2