• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Silent Voice Anime Project Is a Theatrical Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
I also think that a movie makes more sense. The manga was too long in by book and frustrated me because of this. Please give the story an epilogue this time dear movie staff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:46 am Reply with quote
The manga ended, so there would have been no boost to manga sales from a TV series. Also, a TV series might have been a hard sell. A movie makes financial sense.
Rychy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:11 am Reply with quote
I think a movie could make a lot of sense. I've read the beginning four or five times, a movie simply based around that would be wonderful. I'd love to see some kind of epilogue to the manga though.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
It's either going to be about the one shot, which I don't want because:
Quote:
that means 2 hours of mostly ishida bullying her and then a 5 minute part for the after timeskip :X

or about the entire manga series, which I'd prefer. From a director's POV, I can see them squeezing all of it into a 2 hour film, for sure.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm... actually ok with this. I guess for me because I already read the manga I got the feeling that regardless of it's quality wouldn't get much out of a show but to make t a movie s...an interesting choice to say the least/
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately in the current TV anime climate, a series like this would have trouble getting financial backing. A movie is probably the best they could do, unless the movie becomes a sleeper hit and funds a sequel.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Movie is a smart move financially, can't say I'm not disappointed, but I think they can fit most of the manga in.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2