• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kana Hanazawa, Hiroshi Kamiya Lead in Favorite Voice Actor Poll

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I'd that the Japanese VA are more overrated/used than a majority of the English VA.

I'm finding these days much of the newer breed seems to have less range somehow and are kind of just being politically cast as opposed to best fit. Either that or the roles they are getting are just so unimpressive as a result of being from some dumb LN series or something that they just have no chance to show more of themselves.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Just seeing these names makes me want to watch anime real bad... Anime smallmouth

Kamiya is just... gifted. Such an incredible VA it's hard to grasp.

Knight-Hart wrote:
Man, just shows further that Monogatari has awesome voice actors.

The cast for the Monogatari series' is amazing Shocked Very Happy Shocked

Kadmos1 wrote:
I'd that the Japanese VA are more overrated/used than a majority of the English VA.

Is this where I insert that "gr8 b8 m8"-thing? Rolling Eyes
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:21 pm Reply with quote
I find it funny that people seem to think Monogatari is apparently the only show with an all star cast. Like those people show up together in plenty of things (I'm pretty sure all of them are in Gundam 00 for example) cause well...it's a lot of popular seiyuu. Why single that show out in particular though? It doesn't make any sense to me, like just say they're popular period and you'd be just as on the money.
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
It's a great day when you see a lot of your favorites in these lists. ^^
Dian Z

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I think regardless of her most often used voice range, Kana Hanazawa's acting is pretty good, this is especially recognizable in her later roles as Tokyo Ghoul's Rize (in which she's quite successful imo in trying not to use the voice range she's often identified with, and which I think rather failed in her early trial as Mahouka's Mayumi), or second season Nadeko (in which she uses her usual voice range, but at its best at that).

I personally still like Miyuki Sawashiro better, though.

And in addition to Monogatari series... you guys must've noticed Durarara!!'s list of voice actors too, aren't ya? Wink
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
I find it funny that people seem to think Monogatari is apparently the only show with an all star cast. Like those people show up together in plenty of things (I'm pretty sure all of them are in Gundam 00 for example) cause well...it's a lot of popular seiyuu. Why single that show out in particular though? It doesn't make any sense to me, like just say they're popular period and you'd be just as on the money.

While I don't share your opinion, since i've seen many people praise many different titles for having great casting choices, I guess one reason could be because the individual characters in Monogatari are very popular, thus people become more interested in the people voicing them as well. I've noticed that a large amount of people talk about the VAs and their performances in Monogatari, so it could simply be a case of an unusual high amount of discussion regarding the subject.

Durarara! is another show that i've seen more people that usual talk about, in regards to the VAs and their performances. Especially about Kamiya & Sawashiro, as well as Ono.
Krey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Takehito Koyasu is #24? Complete balls. Romi Park at #26 is sad as well. I do love Hiroshi Kamiya though!
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
As expected of the japanese hardcore otaku! Smile
7jaws7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Is Chiwa Saito not even in the top 30? I can't access the page.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

While I don't share your opinion, since i've seen many people praise many different titles for having great casting choices, I guess one reason could be because the individual characters in Monogatari are very popular, thus people become more interested in the people voicing them as well. I've noticed that a large amount of people talk about the VAs and their performances in Monogatari, so it could simply be a case of an unusual high amount of discussion regarding the subject.

Durarara! is another show that i've seen more people that usual talk about, in regards to the VAs and their performances. Especially about Kamiya & Sawashiro, as well as Ono.

There is a definite truth to the idea of light novel titles getting the most attention nowadays.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Is Chiwa Saito not even in the top 30? I can't access the page.

nah, i was hoping she would be there though........
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

I'd have to agree. Miyuki Sawashiro and Maaya Sakamoto are so overused that their voices just get on my nerves nowadays.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

I'm finding these days much of the newer breed seems to have less range somehow and are kind of just being politically cast as opposed to best fit. Either that or the roles they are getting are just so unimpressive as a result of being from some dumb LN series or something that they just have no chance to show more of themselves.

they gave everybody a chance for a main role after few year's doing support roles. You could call it politically cast if you want. Atleast they gave new VAs a chance.
If you look at a lot of popular anime, the main female leads VAs are around 19-25. Look at Asuna from SAO. Mikasa Ackerman from Attack. She didn't do anything important until she got the Mikasa role.

Only Sora Amamiya got alot of good main roles last year. And she is like 20 or 21.
Akame ga Kill - Akame
Aldnoah.Zero - Asseylum
One Week Friends - Fujimiya
Tokyo Ghoul - Toka.

Kana Hanazawa didn't get many main role last year. The only good one that she got was Mayumi Saegusa and Onodera.

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
lol why would fujoshi voters care about 50+ male seiyuu who aren't even handsome?

This is a photo of Norio Wakamoto taken in 2013. He was born in 1945. Most of us wish we'll still look that good at the age of 68.
LEGOF

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
Glad not only to see HanaKana win, but a lot of respected voice actors holding their own against the rising Kaji Yuki and Yoshitsuga Matsuoka (I don't like them).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3